1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KD to Knicks Watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DonKnock, Nov 17, 2018.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

You gotta admit, Jontro is either really ignorant or an amazing internet troll. The JLin bit is assured to raise the blood pressure of the entire board.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

i actually already have jerry in all my 2k teams, so i guess no buyout necessary. should have clarified, as jerry is probably the most important piece to my championship teams.

peleincubus and Haymitch like this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

Kd said that he what he looks for in his next destination is where he can make the most money and suddendly there were tons of people outraged..??? Wth..
    Im actually glad if he doesnt give a huge multimillion discount and gives a chance to the cap system working.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

GSW would still be able to give me the most money in terms of contract (e.g. not including endorsements, tax breaks, etc.) correct? I'm lost as to what the dollars are if he stays or leaves the Warriors over the next few years.

malakas likes this.
  5. malakas

malakas Member

Yes I believe so. However both Klay and Draymond need new contracts soon and unless they decide to charge a beer at 50$ they wont manage it with the unprecented lux tax. As it was supposed to be all along.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

"The only reason you can justify doing it," the same exec said of dumping Porzingis, "is you have some level of certainty in your own mind that you're getting KD and Kyrie, or KD and whatever."

Others were more blunt. "It means they're pretty sure they're getting KD," said a rival exec who believes the Knicks have already been told Durant is coming.

This is today's NBA—ruled by paranoia, plotting and back-channel negotiations.

Long before the Porzingis trade, word of a tacit agreement between the Knicks and Durant was circulating through the league. That Durant's agent, the Manhattan-based Rich Kleiman, has openly gushed about his Knicks fandom (and his aspirations to run the team) only added life to the narrative.

At Madison Square Garden, there is no shortage of people who believe the same.

It is, of course, illegal for any such agreement to exist—or even for discussions to occur while a player is still under contract with another team. But it happens.

Does Thursday's bold salary dump indeed mean the Knicks have Durant in the bag? We won't know until July. A lot can change in five months.

clutchdabear and Vivi like this.
  7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

For some reason, I really want the Knicks to be successful. The fans keep showing up every year for **** teams. Would love to see a Knicks roster with Kevin Durant, Zion Williamson, and Kyrie Irving.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I have respect for Knicks fan. Great fanbase (NY fanbase in general is for all sports). The Lakers fanbase doesn't deserve the charmed life they've led.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m praying KD and Kyrie go to NY...that would be so much fun

there’s no place like MSG when the Knicks are good...I’d love to see KD and Kyrie getting buckets at MSG 41 times a year, plus the playoff atmosphere would be crazy

GS also gets weakened which is a definite plus

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Would be so epic if Durant went to NY, took Boogie with him, Klay left GS to be 'the man' somewhere else and Steph and Draymond were left to pick up the pieces and see how hard it really is to play on a team that didn't have 4x the talent of the next team. I want to see that soooo bad. Expose Kerr's coaching, expose Curry's defense in games where each possession matters, expose Durant's ball hoggyness and lack of getting others involved, expose Boogie's petulance when things aren't going his way, expose Klay's poor handles, expose Draymond's putrid offense, Iggy retires, etc. Just spread the salt around because screw all those guys.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The three best fan bases in the NBA are bulls, Knicks, and Lakers. Even if their team sucks they show up. The bulls and knicks have been terrible for a while too. Even Lakers haven't been good in 5 or 6 years.

Reeko likes this.
  12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

unless you get 2-3 other stars with him he's not gonna win anything. I hope he goes to the Knicks.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

So like 2015-16 when Curry won 2 MVPs and a chip?

Ronkol likes this.
  14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You hold on to that when and if this happens.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

*applause*

16. MD_in_Training

So they can keep enabling the most incompetent front office in league history? The fans need to hold the ownership responsible for idiotic moves. The fact that they keep showing up regardless of what the team is doing makes me want them to win less.

17. Mr. Clutch

Durant will struggle, I don't think Curry will.

Honestly Curry has had a tougher time with Durant on the team isoing and not passing

18. Purvis's shorts

Durant to the knicks is great for the rockets in that it weakens GS.

Hopefully the Lakers won’t add another superstar.

19. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I think its a smart move. I'm sure he cares about his legacy, he still known as snake 3 years later, going to the Mecca will correct that.

20. Mr. Clutch

Unless he struggles in the mecca