1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KD to Knicks Watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DonKnock, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't care where he goes, but it'd be cool if he found a way to get to the Bucks or Pelicans.

Edit - Nike execs are knocking at my door. They look mad.

Pringles and Williamson like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

100% this. KD going to NY would be a godsend! THIS is what the NBA needs.

And all of the "ripple effects" of this.

KD to NY potential dumpster fire. All of the narratives of this.
    KD to the East
    GSW comes back to the pack
    LAL doesn't get KD

ALL of the ripple effects.

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Its pretty satisfying when they dont though.

Rokman likes this.
  4. Caesar

Caesar Member

100% agreed! This move would make the NBA super fun again. Like you said though, Kawhi and Jimmy need to stay put. Kyrie could go to NY with KD and Boston would still have a really tough team with even more assets from the Kyrie to NY trade so they’d still be scary with scary terry as their starting pg.
    Two things to watch would be AD and Boogie. With KD gone, would Boogie accept another smaller short term contract with GS to prove himself for a full season?
    Will AD go b**** level and team up with LeBron? Would rather see something like AD in Portland with Lillard for McCollum and Nurk + other pieces and rather see LeBron and their young guys develop together organically.

I think the NBA is way more fun when the elite teams have a bonafide superstar duo, and the very best have that 3rd all star that’s not quite superstar level. If all the above happens, that’s how the NBA for the most part can look again(reminiscent of my beloved 90s-more mid 90s after disgruntled stars were traded after a decade of trying to carry their franchises on their back). The difference from the 90s though is all these guys are teaming up in their primes for the most part.

Of course it’s all hard to believe after what I’ve seen in this players holding the power NBA.
    Wouldn’t doubt AD and Kawhi try to make their way to join up with LeBron. KD stays. Draymond and Klay take massive paycuts.

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I hope you're armed.

6. Pluplue

Pluplue Member

KD knew he couldn’t win anything in OKC. He needs a lot of help. If he’s smart he ain’t going to NYC

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm confused. You're calling AD a b**** if he teams with LeBron, yet praising the NBA if the elite teams have superstar duos. What exactly would LeBron and AD be?

Hell, you're saying Golden State is fun because they have a bonafide duo (KD, Curry) and not-quite-a-superstar (Klay).

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

How do you know any of this?

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would say Klay's shooting is too inconsistent at times for a superstar, and obviously he is on a stacked team but his assist rate, other stats are really just mediocre.

He is just an Allstar reserve. Draymond is a super role player for me.

10. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Call it a hunch. Nike is a smart company and how many KD's do you see people wearing? It's all about shoe sales. In NY he will sell a ton more Durant's. If it were you wouldn't you just want to get paid and be treated like a king in the TD Garden?

In Oakland Curry's are what's poppin'

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't think shoe sales are his big concern. But you never know.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

KD's good for the third star role in a big 3. Trading for him to be your franchise player is wishing for a 14th pick in the lottery type of situation.

13. Rokman

Rokman Member

Agreed, that's my favorite part. I always feel like Nelson from the Simpsons when he points and goes Ha-Ha!

14. Rokman

Rokman Member

NYC is where Durant belongs. Their expectations about winning are so low they would just be thrilled to get to the 2nd Round of the playoffs. He could greatly under achieve and still be treated like a demi-God by his fan base.

kiwirocketsfan likes this.
  15. Caesar

Caesar Member

LeBron with AD is unfair. The point is not trying to let anymore GS level teams come up again. Many People think AD is the second best player in the world. #1-#2 in the league together is just stupid especially as KD leaves and makes GS a great team but not all time scary anymore.

with Wiz rumors- Wall and Beal to the Lakers wth Bron would be more than fair and scary at the same time.

Would love Boogie somehow to end up back in NO with AD.

That leaves GS original 3 together with totally different roster than they had when they won 69-73 games.

Strong West. Strong East with 2-4 very good potential franchise stars in the draft going to both west and east bottom feeders

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Stein:

Kevin Durant will spend one more season in Golden State after this one

I must confess that I’m not confidently shouting this proclamation into a megaphone.

Only Durant truly knows what he wants — and there is no shortage of signals in circulation to suggest that the Knicks have a real chance of convincing him to walk away from the Warriors in July.

Lots, though, can happen over the next six months. So I’m stubbornly clinging to my membership in the camp that believes that the Silicon Valley-loving Durant will ultimately be swayed to spend one season in the Warriors’ sparkly new Chase Center in San Francisco before moving onto his next challenge in July 2020.

Vivi likes this.
  17. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

These guys don't know **** .. they just put stuff out for clicks.

GotGame15 and saleem like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

it makes a ton of sense for KD to wait a year before going to a team like the Knicks...see if KP is able to bounce back and see how much their young guys improve...also get to see how their upcoming lotto pick turns out...I’m not sure about NY’s cap situation after giving KP an extension this summer tho

I really hope KD goes to NY this summer...the NBA is better when the Knicks are relevant, and watching KD get buckets at MSG would be a lot of fun

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

kd should go back to okc where it all started and force them to trade westbrick for giannis. move pg to the 2 and giannis to the 4. if they're lucky jerry lin will get bought out and play for okc. what a formidable team that would be.

dunno bout the salaries, but it worked on 2k.

Exiled likes this.
  20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

How do you make another team buy out a player in 2k?