1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KD goes Margrave

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 18, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

KD has gone amidst Faceless Men.

Those top paid athletes got nuff money to invest in tons of hobbies to kill time.

#81 daywalker02, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  2. Mr. Space City

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Can we possibly get this baker's dozen on the Rockets, please? I realize that he is a bit embarrassing to look at, but perhaps the getup will help pump concessions sales at the Toy Box.

"Get you cupcakes right here! Only $2 dollars for white cake with white icing, $5 dollars for chocolate cake with chocolate icing, and $10 dollars for white cake with chocolate icing! The more expensive item comes with a pair of used yellow shoes and a spray can of deodorant. Curry favor with your sweetie! What a deal!"

Too much?

#84 Deckard, Sep 19, 2017
    J.R. likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL Dumbass cupcake

#85 J.R., Sep 19, 2017
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

apologizing now after getting caught doesn't mean jack. now every nba player and most fans already recognize the true kd for the pathetic biatch that she is :D

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[​IMG]

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We are having fun with the "secret identity" thing, but for Durant himself the bigger issue is having called his former coach and teammates crap in public-- not socially acceptable under the NBA players fraternity rules. This does show us the frustration that led to his departure, though.

10. photojoe

photojoe Member

While this is absolutely true and we should never forget how mentally weak and soft Durant is.... at least he actually confessed to it. Almost all celebrities would come out and say "that wasn't me! I got hacked!"

11. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

And you'd take that 'pathetic biatch' on the Rockets in a cocaine heartbeat. ;)

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

What I am seeing on Twitter right now is people giving "kudos" to KD for "owning" his tweet mistake. golf clap. That's nice.

BUT LET'S NOT FORGET HE THREW HIS OLD COACH, GM, TEAMMATES UNDER THE BUS.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

that pathetic 'pathetic biatch' don't have the balls and heart to join the rockets and compete anyway

francis 4 prez likes this.
  14. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

[​IMG]

BigMaloe likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...itter-incident-disappointed-myself/682654001/

“I played a little too much, and that (expletive) really hurt me,” Durant, who first addressed the situation on a TechCrunch panel about athletes and branding, told USA TODAY Sports afterward. “To know that I affected Billy Donovan and the Thunder – like I love those people and I don’t never (want to hurt them).

“That was just me being a total (expletive) idiot. I own up to it. I want to move on from it. It probably hit me probably harder than what everybody (thought). Everybody else was telling me to relax, to snap out of it, but I was really, really upset with myself more than anything. It’s not the fact that people were talking about me, because I deserve that, but I’m just more upset with myself that I let myself go that far, you know what I was saying? It was a joke to me at first. I was doing it all summer, and it went too deep. I went too hard… I haven’t slept in two days, two nights. I haven’t ate. It’s crazy, because I feel so (expletive) pissed at myself and I’m mad that I brought someone into it.”

Durant wasted no time in sending an apology to Donovan, the coach who left his college post at Florida to coach the Thunder in the summer of 2015. But he knows the damage has been done, that his decision to explain his departure from Oklahoma City last summer to a random Twitter fan is the kind of thing that won’t soon be forgotten.

But his genuine tone should be noted, and his decision to lower his guard in the name of a heartfelt mea culpa remembered when the Warriors face the Thunder in Oklahoma City on Nov. 22. What’s more, there’s this silver lining: At least he was complimentary of Thunder star Russell Westbrook, his former co-star who fed the fire of their perceived feud for so much of last season.

But to truly grip how hard Durant took his mistake, and in the spirit of the tech conference where he chose to address the matter, perhaps a word cloud is in order. In the course of our eight minute discussion, he used the word ‘apologize’ eight times and ‘idiot,’ ‘stupid,’ or ‘feel bad,’ eight as well.

To hear his associates and family reflect on the situation is to understand how serious he takes it, too. In terms of stressful moments in his career, they say, there's the 2012 Finals loss to the Miami Heat, the agony of his free agency decision last summer, and this.

“I look at my life as like a big playground streetball game, because I play in the NBA and I try to – when I think about playing in the NBA, that’s how small I try to make it, so I can control it and so I can really feel the joy of playing basketball,” he explained. “It’s just another way of me talking trash. Like I said, I took it too far, and I regret talking about Billy and the Thunder. It’s just stupid of me. I feel so bad about this (expletive), because I don’t never want to affect anybody else with what I say.”

As for the suspicions that he meant to send the tweets from some sort of secret account, he swears that’s not the case.

“No, (there’s) no different account,” he said. “I was just on there talking. It kind of looked that way – it did kind of look that way.”

And truth be told, he shared, it all became a blur once he realized what he had done.

“I was at home (in his Oakland Hills home),” Durant said. “I fell asleep watching football. I woke up, had charged my phone, and I just happened to look on Twitter. And I see (the person’s comment that sparked his response), and I just don’t remember it. I remember what I said and how I said it, but I just forget everything else. I forgot everything else. I was only focused on that convo, and that was unfortunate. I look like an idiot. My peers are going to look at me like an idiot. All the jokes – bring ‘em. I deserve it.

“The second I realized what I did, I felt like (expletive). Like I said, I look at that stuff as a joke and a big game. Sometimes when I’m in it, I take it too far and I’m in it too much, too deep. But it’s just out of sight, out of mind. I won’t fall into that problem again. I definitely have to move on and not worry about anybody on Twitter, even though it’s fun, you know what I mean?”

Enough said, in other words, with his hope now that everyone can move on.

“I’m moreso disappointed in myself, that I was acting so childish,” he said. “What I thought was a joke is serious to everybody else, and I lost sight of that and I apologize for that. But I’m going to move on. I’m going to move on, and I’m going to play basketball. You can take what you want from it, do what you want with it, but it happened. I’m going to take it on the chin and move on.”

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

“To know that I affected Billy Donovan and the Thunder – like I love those people and I don’t never (want to hurt them).

[​IMG]

photojoe likes this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You and others say that only because you know Durant isn't coming here any time soon.

People here talked crap about Carmelo Anthony, about what a big loser he was, blah blah blah. And as soon as there's a chance we could get him, everybody jumped up and down rejoicing for it. Same can be said about Chris Paul. Same can be said about Dwight Howard. (Now that Dwight is gone. We can start crapping on him again.)

Don't be a hypocrite.

MoonBus and el gnomo like this.
  18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

that's my point we all know he's not coming here anytime soon because he only joins up with 73 win teams.. not 55 win teams

he left a WCF team who was up 3-1 and joined the 73 win team that beat them

and CP3 and Melo ain't like that

CP3 and Melo at their prime were true alphas

while KD at his prime is a beta b!tch

pippendagimp likes this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

no. but perhaps if tilman decides to bring back the comets

vlaurelio likes this.