1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KayDee Takes a Dump on India

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

married v_v

but i do love those cultural and historical sites. an ancient civilization such as india must be a gold mine for those. i'll be sure to take a few immunization shots before going. i think my work might have a meeting in india in the coming years, so looking forward to that.

Nook likes this.
  2. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

This interview makes the GSW move make more sense. He's just simple. He doesn't think of things deeply and is far from the sharpest tool in the shed. Like a previous poster pointed out, contradicting yourself within 2 sentences is pretty bad.

3. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

The homicide rate in E. St. Louis is also comparable to the worst places in South America but being the cultural encyclopedia that you, I am sure you knew that.

With regards to the caste system, not only is it illegal, but culturally it is a relic of Indian society. You hear Boomer-aged folks talk about it when it comes to marriage, but with each subsequent generation it becomes more of a relic. Good thing, as it is racist, malignant and stultifying.

Honestly I'm going to stop after this post because I want to F5 the Carmelo thread and really didn't want to know everyone's embarrassing views on other cultures, but if you think India is one of the worst places on Earth you should probably visit Guatemala or Chad or the Central African Republic. The death rate in India is lower than the US and the life expectancy has increased dramatically. Probably doesn't help the poverty or pollution, but hardly one of the worst places on earth.

Cheers, back to basketball.

Fyreball and Air Langhi like this.
  4. BackdoorHarden

YOu win the prize! A thread about India and somehow, you were able to turn this into yet another Melo thread!

Grats!!!

bulkatron likes this.
  5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Note to self: Must avoid racist joke.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The real reason are not cow dung and stray dogs but sports like Cricket will always be Number 1.

BBall and Soccer have no real chance. I see some small small improvement along the way.

Jontro likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They are nature bound and religion bound, cannot fault a population for that, can we?

Foreigners stay there for the Yoga, Spiritualism and not for Sports and Basketball, don't they?

I mean they are not a great sports nation. Maybe money should be invested in infrastucture and youth development first.

Or maybe improve their economy first before they turn to ball sports.

All in all, it is not KayD's place to say this. Not if he plans to revisit again.

#107 daywalker02, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  8. conquistador#11

I love kd's twitter icon. Hambino! Ha.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Imagine 1.3 billion people crammed into an area moderately larger than Alaska - imagine Detroit with a population of 10 million instead of 700,000.

10. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I thought this thread was about Durant doing some public defecation in a designated street.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Actually it is impossible to know the homicide rate in areas like Caracas and a number of other areas because the reporting methods are archaic and in some cases the governments actually lie about the crime rates. If you think the reporting methods in third world countries are close to accurate, good luck with that. Even with that caveat, the murder rate in St. Louis is less than half that of the reported worst places in South America. Having said that, I wouldn't suggest someone visit St. Louis on vacation.

If you think the caste system is dead in India, you are mistaken. There are very clear lines drawn by people that live there and there is a massive difference in how people are treated depending on their social status. To gloss over this is foolish.

I have been to Guatamala, not a place that I would suggest people go on vacation either. If you are going to bring up places like Chad to point out that India isn't that bad, than you already have proven my point.

India is over populated, poorly designed, a land with SERIOUS sanitary issues and a government that is not capable of caring for it's own people. There is trash everywhere and it has serious issues.

12. hlcc

hlcc Member

Really? In terms of quality of education rankings, standardized testing results, quality of universities etc, India ranks quite poorly even when compared to other developing nations.

Indian students rank 2nd last in global test
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-last-in-global-test/articleshow/11492508.cms

India has made primary education universal, but not good
    The world’s biggest school system is also one of the worst
    https://www.economist.com/news/lead...so-one-worst-india-has-made-primary-education

#112 hlcc, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Being Indian-American, with parents that were born and raised in India, it's hard for me to disagree with ANYTHING being said in this thread.....both positive and negative. While India is an over-populated, unsanitary, chaotic place, there are LOTS of great areas to visit within Mumbai, North India, and South India, etc. It's a deep culture that's very proud of its heritage, but unfortunately due to the massive amounts of poverty and over-population, they've been unable to protect their sacred grounds. The new government is taking enormous steps in cleaning up the streets, educating the masses on why sanitation is important, ridding the government itself of corruption, and instilling a far more positive sense of civic pride within the people. It's going to be a LONG process, but I can confidently say that India is a better place now than it was 20 years ago.

bulkatron likes this.
  14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

A crap ton of people live in poverty and yeah it's a third world country that you can live like a king in if you have decent money.

Him mentioning Dubai speaks on how out of touch some people are. You can be in a 5 star hotel in Bombay only to see thousands of slums around you from the windows.

He doesn't like "ethnic' food from what I know.. there was an article on how Kanter only eats halal food so everyone on the team including WB started getting the food he would get. I remember a KD quote hating on the food.

15. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Ever since gayd joined the larriors he think he can get away and say anything.

#115 icecreamman, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  16. BackdoorHarden

Is eating beef in India a death sentence?

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-08-14/the-tragedy-of-india-s-partition-70-years-later

"Today, younger Indians are if anything more antagonistic toward Pakistan than those who lived through Partition. Theirs are the loudest voices calling for military retaliation whenever Pakistan-linked militant groups launch an attack; they swell the ranks of the vigilante mobs hunting for beef-eating Muslims.

...and anyone involved with killing cows, held by many Hindus to be holy. At least a dozen Muslims have been lynched in the past six months for allegedly eating beef or selling cows for slaughter --"

Looks like the entire state of Texas ain't welcome, y'all.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

must have eaten a bad rare steak.

18. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

You know, it's the only country that still has the plague? I mean, the plague! Please!

[​IMG]

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

India & China, places where people in cities will literally take a dump on a busy street in broad daylight.

Nook likes this.