1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KayDee Takes a Dump on India

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Aug 11, 2017.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

He came across as a pretty dumb guy

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He is right. He gave an honest assessment and he is right on the money.

You have to watch the lows to get to Taj Mahal. And once you there, you take in the marvelous structure, and then be like...I am outta here.

Smell, pollution, noise, chaos, unhygenic conditions and practices.....it's too much to take for anyone, even more so for an amateur traveler.

Look, let's be honest. There is a reason that we have so many Indians living outside India.

#22 Zboy, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

These are the stories people will tell you when they see your moniker. No one to blame but yourself bro.

4. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

This, pretty much.

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

No issue with his comments other than they came out of his dog ass mouth.

Sooty likes this.
  6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

There are no parts of Chicago, Detroit, or LA with monkeys and cows in the streets and hundreds of people just standing around.

RockWest, Jontro and Jayzers_100 like this.
  7. HtownTrill

HtownTrill Member

KD has to be smarter than that.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

It's out of context in that he wasn't trying to offend the country of India, just explaining how different his imagination is from the reality of his experience.

It's like when you are White person and then mistakenly enter a bar full of Blacks, any attempt of you to describe how the people are so different from what you are used to will seem like racist even if you actually had a great time.

I actually like that sort of honesty rather than the politically correct stuff MJ or Lebron would have said in that situation. I feel like more than just the words themselves, you need to look at the intent of the person to judge whether something is racist or not. For example if a stranger tells you "You are so fat you need to lose weight" and when your mom tells you "You are so fat you need to lose weight" the stranger is most likely insulting you whereas your mom is not even though they are saying the exact same thing.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yeah, it's exactly like that. WTF?

10. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

LOL, what? Sorry, but this is a terrible metaphor. And what's the deal with "mistakenly?" What Year is this, 1955?

11. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

while i don't doubt that a) what durant described is true and b) he wasn't actually trying to say something bad, that guy knows how to stick his foot in his mouth. after this last year he's probably choking on his kneecap. seems like he's had 3 or 4 "i didn't mean it that way" situations. either stop caring how people take things, or hire a smart person to stand next to you and translate your statements into meant-it-that-way-ese.

Sooty likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It's not that his description of what he saw is inaccurate, the thing that makes me shake my head is if he actually thought India was going to be like Dubai...

Richie_Rich and Easy like this.
  13. Exiled

Exiled Member

WB would had done his charity's triple double of donating millions ,adopted hundreds,and built 10 shelters ....

how hard is it for KD to be a professional representing the NBA and zip his lips if he has nothing good to say ,he's rich enough to hire Sean Spicer to speak on his behalf

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

when i first went to india, i expected bahrain.

15. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

What gets me is, his foundation donated "two basketball". Two basketballs??? :( :(

16. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Y'all need to go to Kerala. You can't generalize an entire country by the area surrounding the Taj Mahal or watching Slumdog Millionaire.

Go to Kerala. 100% literacy rate, tropical, clean, nothing like the rest of India.

Glad to make this my 10000th post.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  17. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

Congrats on 10k, and yeah, I have generalized about the country. I'll read more into Kerala.

18. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Have no problem with what KD said. Some parts are bad because well the pay isnt that great there for a normal job. Some parts are beautiful. Lol if he was expecting Dubai.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Why would you go to India just to go to Kerala?? Just so that you can say that India isnt all bad? India's population problem is always going to work against it.

I mean even a place like Bangalore, where a friend of mine is from, used to be good. But now it too is going down the drain.

I am sure for the money spent you can go to much better places in Asia, particularly South East Asia.

I would rather spend that money on places like Malaysia, Singapore, or even Thailand (easier to avoid slums in Thailand and it doesnt smell anywhere as bad)..

#39 Zboy, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  20. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Wtf? there is absolutely no comparison between drinking at a bar with black people and going to India for the first time. If race is the biggest difference you can understand between both parties, than you are extremely limited in both culture and imagination.

Richie_Rich likes this.