1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KayDee Takes a Dump on India

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Aug 11, 2017.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

http://indianexpress.com/article/sp...revelations-after-visit-to-taj-mahal-4792159/

I believe that he didn't mean it the way he came across, but holy crap man...

jevjnd likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Well KayDee IS a piece of ****. #notsorry

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

"Out of context"? His entire quote was in the F-ing article. It was like two paragraphs wrong. We knew exactly what he was saying. SMH.

Beta. b****.

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

But is he lying doe?

5. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

What's wrong? He's saying it reminded him of how he grew up in poverty. He said it was dope. And 'its like, ****' not 'its like ****'. I'm sure all the people complaining are going over to India to do positive things like KD did.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Frankly, we can use some more monkeys here in the States.

[​IMG]

Mr. Dominant and juanm34 like this.
  8. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

India is a hellhole where they step over starving children in the street. What did he say that wasn't true?

Sajan, MoonBus, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

KD has never been thr brightest bulb

RiceRockets, Tfor3, Why not? and 4 others like this.
  10. lionaire

lionaire Member

benchod chutiya this guy

11. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

"lots of cool 'hit"; no it'll be lots of flaming, projectile 'hits bc of all that curry.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

what's so offensive about what he said. Have you seen how people drive in India, thought I was going to die every second. There are poor homeless kids running everywhere trying to make you pay them if you take a picture. And also it's cool that people living in poor conditions still want to enjoy sports.

Also that title of the thread.

hooroo and el gnomo like this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

well that's weird, my visit to india was very different to that. see below documentations:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

R0ckets03, The_Yoyo, jae713 and 7 others like this.
  14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Said this before: I've traveled all over the world to the 5 major continents and have seen a lot of cultures, met some great people, tasted some great food, talked some wild politics and learned a lot of historical context. Eye-opening, life-changing experiences.

However, never been to India and have absolutely no desire to go there. I lived in a country poorer than India for a year and would rather go back there.

CometsWin and apollo33 like this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly. I have been to India more than once. I don't like referencing individuals as "the PC crowd" but seriously...what he said was true and it wasn't meant to be taken as insulting. It was meant to portray the reality of the situation. People here that like to complain about ever statement someone has made and how it offended someone sit in the comfort of their own homes without the slightest idea of what is out there.

There are slums and places in India that bring one to extreme sadness. We think that the streets and ghettos of Detroit are how bad things can get...not having any idea about the living situation for a lot of people, even in countries that are up and coming in terms of large economies. Kids 4-5 years old that should be in school come running at you trying to clean your shoe so that they can take pennies home to their parents. Local gangs put masala (spices) in the eyes of vulnerable children to blind them so that they can have them beg on the street for profit. It's a large reality that every person who visits or talks about visiting completely ignores. Its about the romanticization in their head, about the trip they are taking to the nicest parts of a country where folks are fighting things like malnutrition everyday.

I'm glad KD brought it up. India has become a lot more progressive than before (castes etc) but beliefs are still strong amongst the ruling class. They prevent the upward mobility of a large group of people. KD did some good out there, lets not forget that in our narrative.

TexAg713, MoonBus, Red.Glare and 9 others like this.
  16. BackdoorHarden

It would be the same thing he would see if parts of LA, Detroit, Chicago, etc. Like he said, it reminded him of growing up, poor. What's wrong with what he said?

[​IMG]

Tfor3 and macho GRANDE like this.
  17. BackdoorHarden

I know a couple of people that went to India and what they told me was exactly what KD said. And if tourist went to parts of the USA such as Detroit or part of Chicago and LA, you know what they would see?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. BackdoorHarden

One of my co-worker told me a 10 years old would do "stuff" with him if he gave him a $1. The 10 years old pulled down his pants and ...

That 's what he said. I don't believe he was trying to offend anyone, but he told me what he experienced in India

19. BackdoorHarden

What if KD reported on what he saw in Houston???

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

I'm Indian and I dislike KD.

Two things:

a) However, KD is trying to say is despite all the poverty and backwardness all these kids came out just to learn basketball

b) India really isn't as bad as some of y'all make it out to be. Sure there are some super duper poor parts and stupid stuff happens, like a lot of places, as mentioned above. But again, there's some really, really neat places to visit and see.

BMoney, jtvarghe, ak99999 and 4 others like this.