1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just played Wii Fit (Review)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TurtleBonzi, Aug 6, 2008.

Tags:
  1. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

Man, this is no ordinary kid's game. You shouldn't approach it as if you're just going to be doing hopscotch and jumping jacks the whole time. This is a real calorie burner and I really am sweating a lot.

You do push ups, ab workouts, yoga, aerobics, just about anything. I just did some jogging in place thing and they were pretty killer on my calves. The push ups are actually hard to do because your hands have to be more closer together. The Hula Hoop is actually tiring (you have to do BIG circles for about a minute or more). Overall, this is a really good way of working out if you like to interact as well.

Would I recommend this to anyone else? Definitely.

2. YourSecretLover

are you bonzi wells? :D

3. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

Yes, and the workouts were much harder after all those jelly donuts.

4. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I disagree. Just purchased WiiFit myself a couple of days ago and I breezed through all the exercises. My S.O. is mad I was able to beat all her scores on the first try. I think WiiFit is more like a warm up rather than a work out. It's fun the first few times, but gets repetitive and boring quick. I wish it was easier to unlock all the warm ups...because I don't really want to play thirty minutes to an hour every day for a month to unlock them all.

5. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

hey i thought i was the only one who noticed the resemblance between bonzi wells and the red ninja turtle

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't think this would even be moderately difficult for me considering the hell I put myself through at the gym. But my friend has it so I need to try it out next time I visit.

7. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Like others have said in here, it's no good if you work out regularly. But it's great for overweight, non physical activity people. My friends brother lost 20 pounds so far from it.

8. chelsea1

chelsea1 New Member

some of my mates have it and that's great, not sure i would ever want to buy it as it's only good for the novelty value and once you get past that it's just plain stupid

who would run on the spot shaking a controller when you could run outdoors or on a treadmill?

9. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Is it possible to feed the fat princess a piece of cake while playing wii fit?

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thats a nice first post......very true...

11. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

How hard is this to find in stores now?

12. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

A bunch of kids who would rather stay inside and play video games... Hell, a bunch of adults who are hanging out drinking (Have you ever played drunk Wii? FUN STUFF and no DWI)... Or people with mobility problems - the best they can do for physical activity is just to stand up for a few minutes and hula hoop or slalom ski.

I agree that there is a huge "novelty" factor in this for a lot of people, but you can't just write it off as such just yet.

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I was thinking the same thing...I think they're hard to find although I found two at Entertainmart up here...It's expensive, and people are right, why not just go outside and exercise...

14. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

107 degrees outside.

Heat stroke.

Death.

Also, no cartoon panda heads to avoid.

15. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

I got this for my mom for her birthday. She loves it for the yoga aspect and the balance games. She has a home gym and rides her bike every day for 30 minutes, but the yoga has really helped her.

I did it a few times while I was home and enjoyed it as well. It's great for people who want to start yoga, but don't want to do classes just yet.

16. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

I don't know much about the game, but there's some sort of "age test" that determines what your true body age is or something like that?

I was talking with a female long jumper for Rice who is on the Olympic team. She took the wii fit age test and said it showed her as being 37 years old (she's in her low 20/s I think)!!! So don't look for that to be very accurate.

17. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

wii fit is a poor excuse for physical exercise

much like, myspace is a poor excuse for a social life

discuss

18. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

If people are really counting on this thing to spit out accurate numbers such as age, then they have problems.

I was reading a review and some guy was mad that it classified him as overweight due to a high BMI, even though he said he was in shape and works out regularly. He said the Wii BMI should take more things into account. I guess he doesn't know the actual definition behind a BMI reading.

IMO, expecting a balance board to display accurate numbers is just setting yourself up for failure.

Either way, I think the Wii Fit is great for people who don't work out at all, but it should be used as entertainment for those who actually do workout and are in shape.