1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Frusciante leaving RHCP?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TurtleBonzi, Dec 14, 2009.

1. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I like where Frusciante's head is at. The rest of the Pep's should quit and join up with Frusciante. Kind of serious.

"Mentally, John checked out a long time ago. He's interested in doing his own thing, his own albums - the whole big rock band machinery just doesn't appeal to him anymore."

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

That sucks, he was great

4. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

IS great.

Also I thought they were on a hiatus anyway? Whatever he does I'll be sure to pick it up. Definitely my favorite guitarist. I do also want to see what Thom Yorke and Flea come up with.

Whatever happens I hope the Peppers hold off on anything and maybe he'll rejoin at some point and come out with Californication 2.

5. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

funny, I was thinking it was just in time before something like Californication 2 happens.

6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Is he gone gone, or just 1992 gone? Either way, his solo stuff is awesome.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bfJVi1--Pxg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bfJVi1--Pxg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

The only thing is that they're getting up there in age so we'll see how much more comes out. I will say though that at least Klinghoffer has worked with John and doesn't sound bad. I guess if nothing else it is interesting to see what they come out with. I would imagine it would be better than the time with Navarro.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I haven't listened to a RHCP album since Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik every album since then is like easy listening adult contemporary smooth funk.

jo mama and Jontro like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Right? I can't remember the last song of theirs I've heard that didn't annoy the hell out of me.

11. KingCheetah

They were the first Audioslave.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  12. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

how can you know what the last 6 albums sound like if you haven't listened to them?

The Hunted and rhino17 like this.
  13. KingCheetah

The singles were awful and clearly designed to be radio friendly and appeal to a mainstream audience. I've of course heard other people playing their music over the years and it was in line with what I thought of their singles.

Jontro likes this.
  14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think there is a middle ground between the unlistenable nonsense of their early years and the boring slow songs of the last decade. Blood Sugar Sex Magic was not their only good album.

ryan_98 likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

Their peak IMO is Mother's Milk -- there are some good songs sprinkled about on their later albums, but in general everything started falling apart with One Hot Minute.

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

More like One S**tastic Album. I was a huge fan until that piece of s*** came out. BSSM was great but you are correct about Mother's Milk being their prime.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think all the albums with frusciante are good. Their last 2 albums are the only ones I truly dont listen to anything on plus one hot minute. I also don’t like anything pre bssm.

Joshfast likes this.
  18. Jontro

Jontro Member

they haven't been relevant in more than 2 decades. i am ok with them staying retired. plus anthony kiddies cursed out our rockets

19. Newlin

Newlin Member

20. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

its not a good thing when your singer/frontman is the weak link in the band. the musicians are great, even when playing the more radio-friendly stuff. image if chris cornell had been their frontman (that would have been so much better than audioslave). or perry farrell? both are superior frontmen, vocalists and lyricists. you would have had an all-time great band.

i sure hope it wasnt a situation where frusicante went to anthony and flea and said he wanted back in so they fired the guy they have had for the last decade. that would be pretty disloyal and lame...but thats probably exactly what happened. i doubt the replacement voluntarily quit, but maybe he did.

its been a long time since i listened to it, but i thought one hot minute had some good stuff on it. im a huge janes fan though and love navarros playing.

some of yall might have heard of him, but theres this kaufman-esque comendian named neil hamburger who has a bunch of dumb, but funny RHCP jokes.

"what is the difference b/t the RHCP and harriet tubman?"
    harriet tubman was a heroine to slaves and the RHCP are slaves to heroin

#20 jo mama, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    studogg likes this.