1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joe Biden makes yet another racist comment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Aug 6, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because I'm not living in the past like you. The extremist take is to keep pointing all fingers and blame to 4 months ago. It was horrific what happened in NY, but it seems like people just don't get that it could happen again.

I don't root and cheer on extremists of any type, whether KKK, Nazi, White supremasists, terrorists, or far left groups.

I have never protested in my life. I am just a retired Vet and teacher who doesn't agree with a President I voted for. I made a huge mistake, and feel conned and fooled by fake promises. Just because I believe Trump is a lying narcissist doesn't make me a hard left radical. You saying that in itself is an extremist take.

Just because I think the opening up was too quick, and people have been lied to about what a great success story we are, doesn't make me a radical. I actually am saddened by all the horror stories and tragic losses happening every day in America. It's heartbreaking. I worry about it happening to people I love, and am afraid to teach now because I don't want to put them in jeopardy.

I'm not a radical simply because I don't believe much of anything Trump has to say anymore, because he's lied too many times for me to trust him at all. Yes, I am angry. I get frustrated at the lack of real concern about containing the virus. I am baffled that a quarter million bikers would have a week long party right now, that people are still having 200 people parties, and that the mask free attitude is still happening. I just don't get it.

It's heartbreaking and criminal how nursing homes, long-term care facilities and such have been neglected and underfunded, with not enough government oversight. Texas has some of the worst nursing homes in the country and people are dying here too. Thank God we didn't have what happened in New York, but that doesn't mean we can't do better.

I firmly believe that schools reopening now will put people in hospitals and coffins. I also believe that without proper testing like Trump gets that there will be carriers amongst the buses, schools, and classrooms. That's just my fear, because it's not only the less vulnerable who will be affected.

This is also why I want the option to absentee vote like almost every state in the country offers. If Trump and family can fly off here and there every weekend for golf and pleasure but be too inconvenienced to vote in person why can't I? I've stayed in lockdown unlike them, but will be forced to go into a mask free polling station to vote now. Just because Trump gets everyone around him tested every day and feels safe without a mask shouldn't mean I have to. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

Anyway, I am not a raging liberal leftist or extremist of any type. I'm just a fed up, can't take this BS anymore American. I'm sure I'm not alone.

P.S. I still believe Trump loves Putin. I've never heard him talk about Putin in a bad way, but hear him bully and make fun of Americans and Western leaders all the time. I just find that suspect is all. That's just me being a 20 year Vet I guess. Trump wouldn't relate to that.

#121 deb4rockets, Aug 8, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    leroy, fchowd0311, Rileydog and 2 others like this.
  2. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

You are left leaning with a good heart deb4rockets. Unfortunately, the loonies from the left will not let you or I have any other different opinions or beliefs. Why do you think there are so much violence now? These Marxist wannabes are scaring law-abiding Americans into silence. If you are a vet like myself, we know that we serve just to preserve the freedoms so precious to us all.

Some of us may not be rich, some maybe poor and hungry but we are allowed to speak our minds freely despite the differences. This is the America worth fighting for. I know the feelings you have for the Orange man, but putting your faith in the Dems is madness, that party had been hijacked by the loonies long ago.

#122 generalthade_03, Aug 8, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    davidio840 likes this.
  3. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

No reasonable person can read this post objectively and have a problem with it. That’s not to say that others can’t have different views. My point is that every single thought expressed here is sane, coherent, and there is a basis for the view.

The problem is that Trump loyalists view everything as a massive conspiratorial attack on trump and cannot or will not examine things to see if there is a basis for the opinion. Hence the ridiculous labeling of everyone who disagree with Trump as far left, extremism, fake news propagated by the left, or hoodwinked by the evil left.

Jimmy Chase and deb4rockets like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so how about the flip side, a Democrat who didn't vote for Trump but who also doesn't agree that Trump is the embodiment of evil, worst president ever (well, maybe that!), but certainly that Trump is not the end of civilization as we know it.

Where does that person fit in? not a Trump loyalist but not necessarily a Trump apologist either. What would we call that person?

generalthade_03 likes this.
  5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I appreciate your other comments but for myself, I just have more faith in change right now than I do continuing to support Trump. Maybe that too will change in 4 years, but for now I am willing to vote Democrat, regardless of some of the loonies.

I didn't vote for Obama, but honestly, my life was no worse with him as President. I might not have agreed with some of his policies, but I never thought of him as a compulsive liar. I can't say that about Trump, and that's the biggest difference. If I have absolutely no trust, then I can't support him.

I personally would rather see neither candidate to choose from. I think 50 is a good age. Someone with life experience, work experience, and a good understanding of international diplomacy and law. It would be great to have candidates who didn't have a past people can drum up corruption, racism, and sexual accusations. But, that's the hand we are being dealt unfortunately.

So, I will opt for change, and hope that at least some good comes from it, in making America a better place for us all to live. Biden's not exciting to me, but I don't think he's a narcissistic liar. I also feel he truly is a better man, with a bigger heart, who will make positive changes for those suffering from lack of healthcare, inequality, and racial violence. A happier, healthier, more accepting and inclusive America will hopefully be a less violent, and more productive society.

generalthade_03 and Rileydog like this.
  6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I guess I would call them undecided. You have to weigh the odds, and decide what you value most in a society I guess. Good luck with that.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Is this how you percieve yourself?

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do people have to register for political parties?

the only thing I'm registered as is a 99er
    @Ziggy

And I'm extremely proud of it
    damn we're badass

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was asking for a friend

10. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Which is one of the problems with racial politics, racial policies, even racial thinking. What 'race' does one belong to (besides the obvious one, the human race)? If someone is say, 25% black, why does that make them 'black' when the majority of their DNA is, say, white? (which isn't even an ethnicity, but that's a whole different discussion). To extract it from any of the divisive black/white issues, let's take American Indian, or Eskimo. I think if you're about 5% American Indian...you're Indian? I can see that it terms of 'you're part Indian', but how does the 5% really supercede the 95%? If something is 95% blue...it's blue, and it doesn't matter much what the other 5% is. That only changes the shade of blue slightly.

It's all bollocks to me, personally, which is one of the reasons I just don't think of people along racial lines. Not only does hearing that somebody is 'black' not even really tell me much about their actual racial makeup, it doesn't tell me anything at all about that person. If I know someone is black, what do I 'know' about their personality? Qualities? Anything that is actually important to know about someone? It doesn't tell me any of that.

deb4rockets likes this.
  11. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

...and then proceeds to bomb him. You forgot that part. Which pretty much changes the whole narrative, don't it? If someone's puppy bombs them, no one says, 'awe, he really loves you!', yet somehow that's what 1/2 our country thinks.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yep... we are all the same on the inside and it is a crying shame that people are treated poorly based on what they look like on the outside.

13. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Joe Biden is the perfect man to transform and elevate race relations in this nation!

[​IMG]

generalthade_03 likes this.
  14. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

“Embodiment of evil”, “worst president ever”, “not the end of civilization as we know it” . . . If you set the bar low enough, I suppose even Trump could clear it. I take no issue with someone who thinks these things, nor do I think it manifestly unreasonable to think this. In short, it’s not crazy to think that there are worse things than trump, but what’s the phrase... that’s damning with faint praise.

So to answer your question, I wouldn’t call that person a trump apologist.

15. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Deb, chillax. Many of us are fed up with this ****. But I have to question your “living in the past comment”. While I agree to some degree that people don’t need to live in the past, our country is divided by the past. So it is a clear issue with what’s going on.

Everything else I mostly agree on (except voting for a puppet). I’m not a far right psycho, or a far left psycho. They are both pathetic. The real issue is why do we have two of the worst possible people available to be president. Nobody here wants to discuss this topic. I even tried 4 years ago when Trump and Hillary were running. Neither should have been considered for office. Just like Trump and Biden shouldn’t be considered for office.

JumpMan likes this.
  16. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

So we're supposed to believe the other side is the non racist side when you're making memes mocking black people swim tropes where Biden is the lifeguard? lol you people

17. dmoneybangbang

LOL..... and the GOP is still desperate enough to fake signatures to get Kanye on the ballot....

18. davidio840

In all fairness, Biden has vomited some really questionable/racists quotes recently and has done so in his entire political existence. Trump is no saint by any means and has probably done the same, just not as blatantly during an election year.

They are both old ****s and have some racists/caste system ideology whether people want to acknowledge it or not.

19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

What I meant about living in the past is people comparing all Coronavirus case rises and death rises to NY, and say what a good job we are doing, and not even acknowledging that thousands dying a week in our state is not good. Luckily, nobody in my family has ended up on a ventilator or died, but that doesn't mean I think we don't have far too many dying, and need to do more right now. Its almost like some just take it with a grain of salt, and compare numbers and say good job.

20. davidio840

People are entitled to their own opinions whether one agrees or doesn’t. Anyone that says we are doing a great job with Covid is a idiot. I don’t really see anyone blatantly saying that. There are states/governors who have handled this better than others and numbers do prove that, unfortunately.

In all honesty, and what people aren’t taking into consideration (or at least I haven’t seen on this forum lately) is you have to look at geographical populations of areas to really tell the story. When you have huge amounts of people living on top of each other and sharing the same public transportation daily, you’re going going to see outbreaks that dwarf areas where people live in separate dwellings and drive their own vehicles to get places.