1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JJ Watts Tibial Plateau Fracture update

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaDakota, Oct 8, 2017.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Is he already put on the IR cause didn't Dez come back in like 8 weeks? Seems like he could come back right?

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

How do they know that his injury is worse than Dezs? What information is out?

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

It took Dez 4 weeks to heal. I don't know about Watt's situation. I hope it's fake news that reported he is out for the season.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

They went to the X-Ray room and sent him off to the hospital. It was obviously really bad if you saw his face in the Amby. I was watching the game Dez's occured. He was able to play on it after it initially happened.

5. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

I feel bad for JJ. One of the classiest and hardest working superstars ever to play for our city. Praying he comes back strong next year.

Mr. Clutch and Roc Paint like this.
  6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Only a few athletes I've ever felt bad for from injuries. JJ definitely one, a lot of guys talk about greatness but only a few are bout dat lyfe. Aside from the huge contribution from the hurricane, I've rarely seen someone talk about being great AND doing what it takes AAAANNNNNDDDD producing greatness. He's one of the brightest stars that's ever shown here or anywhere.

Oh yeah, and he gives a **** about this city.

BigM and Mr. Clutch like this.
  7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Maybe his greater calling is to help this city outside of football.

Just a thought that came through my mind when I saw him inside the ambulance.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  8. Dash

Dash Member

And we don't have our first and second round picks next year

9. HstnSprtsFan101

Looks like my wish may come true. Lamarr Houston coming to Houston to visit. While obviously you cannot replace Watt & Mercilus he has potential to be a nice gem for us. And if he is good we should have the inside shot at resigning him. Get it done.

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I am truly saddened for Watt... He is such an amazing person and an surefire HOF DE. He really has done our city proud...his msg on twitter last night summed up how much he is hurting. I pray for his recovery, and hoping he gets to play this game one more time. The spectrum on this fracture can be varied. Some fractures might have a long recovery time line. In regards to his health...that would be a good thing...It would force him NOT to rush and just keep fighting. People have mentioned Dez...but his wasnt a bad situation if I m not mistaken. Anyways....time will tell.

cdain3 and Mr. Clutch like this.
  11. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

JJ needs to lose weight. He's not that young anymore, his body can't handle all that pressure. One small wrong step and he's done for a year, as we've seen last night.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  12. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Watts done for the season my friend.
    No need to rush him back this year.
    He'll be back but we'll be cringing everytime he's on field. Similar to when Tmac would fall on the hardwood. Just praying he'd get back up ok. That's the life of a Houston sports fan. :(

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Very lucky he didn't suffer any ligament or cartlige damage.

The cartlige damage would have been career ending, he would have had no support between the bones would have been bone on bone. It's hard to walk and play golf for fun with no cartlige leg alone play pro football.

My dad had this and lost his cartlige and while the surgery helped a lot he could not go snow sking anymore or run as much as he used (longtime jogger)

15. HstnSprtsFan101

I agree that he probably needs to consider losing some weight. He's just so massive, not fat by any means but he looks a lolot bigger than he did in his earlier years. Can't really depend on him ever again as sad as it is to say. What could have been..

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Honestly when you mentioned Bo Jackson, that was in line with my thoughts as well - especially after seeing illustrations of the injury site. Bo was never the same because of the damage to the blood vessels in his hip. Watt's injury was just so freaky that we can only hope it isn't as severe as what befell (and ended) Chester Pitts' career.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Are you saying that JJ is Fatt?

18. theh

theh Member

It's sad how quick a player can rise and fall. Foster. Watt.

macho GRANDE and CallMeTheDream like this.
  19. CallMeTheDream

This.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member