1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JJ Watts Tibial Plateau Fracture update

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaDakota, Oct 8, 2017.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Ian Rapaport says he's out for the season.

One of the worst days in recent Houston Sports memory

hieuytran and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Not surprised it's Houston so expect the worst. I pray Watson stays healthy.

Houstunna likes this.
  4. Newlin

Newlin Member

He may be out for the season, but the injury could have been worse. It's not a Nate Newton type of thing.

I feel terrible for JJ though.

5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Already said out for the season.

Close thread before it gets too depressing

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I just hope the ligaments are in tact.

That's going to decide whether he can come back next year and give it one more go at being a good player.

If he's blown out the knee and broken the tibial well it might be time to hang it up.

This dude had the best 5 year stretch of anyone at the DE position. The last two years his body has failed him. First the back and then the knee, prob the two worst things that can happen to any athlete and he's had both and serious ones at that in less that 18 months.

Mr. Clutch and RasaqBoi like this.
  7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Right because the hip and the knee are the same thing.

What a dumbass.

8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Sucks. But it's time to start looking towards the future and unfortunately Watt is not going to be around for long.

He will try one more time and I see it being over. Retired in 2 years.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I didn't expect JJ to last the season anyway, because of his back. But this still hurts bad.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, moronovich, it is about the blood vessels and possible necrosis. How is it you go through life as such a blithering idiot?

DD

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I always wonder what would have happened if we managed his snaps better and also if he didn't do those ridiculous off-season workouts like the tire flipping

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

At least the back gets more rest now?

Silver lining in anything... but odds are, its going to take a ton just to get him back to playing regularly, let alone playing at anywhere close to the level he was in 2015/prior.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember reading that Watt said he doesn't expect to walk when he's 50. With this injury and all of the other injuries that Watt has had I can see that as possibility. As someone where 50 isn't that far off I hope that Watt thinks about his future and what his quality of life will be.

When I was in my 20's I often didn't think I would make it to 40. As such I often took a lot of risks, competed hard and competed injured. I'm still in very good shape for my age but there are a lot of things that I can't do anymore because of previous injuries. There isn't a day that I don't wake up with something hurting. There's a lot of time when I think back that I could've done things smarter. Now Watt is far bigger and stronger than I ever was and also has access to the best and most expensive medical care. He's also been subjected to far more force and faced opponents who are far bigger and stronger than I ever faced. Watt really seems like a good guy and he's a phenomenal football player. There is a time though when you need to think about the future.

London'sBurning, Roc Paint and Sajan like this.
  14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Next man up... , this year's Texans will have to rely on scheme not talent on defense.

15. underrated015

underrated015 Member

This is like when Yao Ming went down. Glad this stinking day is almost over.

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Dez had same injury 3-4 weeks they said supposedly

mario_v likes this.
  17. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Watts time is over.
    Sad but true. Hoping for a good long recovery.

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Maybe this injury helps him take time off for the back. Who knows.

panamamyers likes this.
  19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That shipped sails as soon as he had the 2nd back surgery he'll never be the MVP dpoy JJ ever again.

He was still causing havoc this year even without the stats his pressure and speed was there but man the thing is the back is connected to the knees man and these type of things imo are going to keep happening because the guy only knows how to play one way.

Assuming there's is know legiment damage and tbh the way it looked I would be shocked if he didn't atleast tear his PCL if not blown the whole knee out.

He can still be a nice player that gets 7-8 sacks and is a solid solid guy on your dline but he's never going to he the all pro ever again and after this injury I don't see him being even a pro bowler.

He can still help but it's the clowney era now time to shift him to DE and let him do what he does best and that's rush the QB. Get him out of that linebacker roll.

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  20. whozee

whozee Member

We are sooo screwed :(

jae713 likes this.