1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jimmy Who?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Jul 12, 2019.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Just a reminder for those here (like me) who were really disappointed that we couldn't land Jimmy Buckets this summer: There was never a guarantee he'd fit in here. In fact, that would have given us three extremely headstrong guys competing to see who can out-alpha the others.

Russ and James have been close friends for years, which should help them have the kind of honest conversations that it appears Harden and CP3 couldn't quite pull off last year. Or at least they never saw eye-to-eye and managed to find a way to get on the same page. Hopefully, that won't be an issue with the new backcourt duo.

And unlike Jimmy Who, Russell actually wanted to be on this team, in this city.

I really hope Miami finds a way to trade for CP3 so we can get the showdown you know we all want to see.

JuNx, RudyTBag, BigShasta and 2 others like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Way better fit though.

And he plays defense.
    DD

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Seemingly. On paper, at least.

But if everyone on the team is constantly butting alpha-heads, would it really be better?

We'll never know.

P.S. Glad to see you're doing okay, DD. I imagined your head exploding when you heard the news.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He's OK. I would have heard his head explode. We both live in the same neighborhood, more or less.

topfive likes this.
  5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8x All-Star, 2017 NBA MVP from Long Beach, California chose the beautiful city of Houston over Miami unlike the scoundrel from Tomball, Texas.

JayGoogle, BigShasta and topfive like this.
  6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

There’s no way of knowing if Butler fit or not just as there isn’t a way of knowing if Harden and Westbrook fits.

Butler has been traded from everywhere he’s played and hasn’t stuck yet. So to assume he’s a “fit” compared to Westbrook is a straw man if I’ve ever saw one.

jcf likes this.