1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jimmy Butler Watch 2018-2019

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, Sep 15, 2018.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Our best and most realistic package is gordon and 2 future unprotected 1sts.

Not sure if that's good enough to get it done because the 1st 1st rd pick is late 20s almost for sure barring catastrophe.

So money would be banking on a late first and a potential lotto ticket in 2021 when everyone is aged and the rockets potentially decline.

Maybe, adding tucker helps, but how much is morey willing to sacrifice? Both of them, probably but I'm not sure. Is he willing to go unprotected on both? Probably not, but maybe top3 protection only.

But you still have glamour cities that would kill for him and have better assets. The clippers for instance could easily trump our offer. As could the lakers.

I will root for trading for him, and if we get him I would be ecstatic.

It's just not likely imo

clutchdabear and Nook like this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't think Tucker's going to be moved for Butler...or, rather, he shouldn't. Gordon and two 1sts is not a bad package. Maybe not the best, but it's definitely not chopped liver. Thibs already has his favorites in tow and one less mouth to feed in the starting lineup while adding a 6th man of the year winner to the bench might improve things.

clutchdabear likes this.
  3. basketballholic

We're not trading Tucker guys.

4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I wonder how much the Lakers and Celtics would offer? Boston probably wouldn't want both Kyrie and Jimmy to be free agents at the end of the season and are probably targeting Anthony Davis with their key assets. What pieces would the Lakers be willing to part with knowing they could just sign Butler outright in the offseason? I bet they'd be willing to offer more since Paul George slipped through their fingers with the same reasoning.

I'm sure a lot of teams would be willing to offer something valuable for a Butler rental. I would definitely give up EGo and picks as great as he's been.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

How much was the Lakers willing to offer for Kawhi? Or Philly for Kawhi?

Not much apparently. Now look at the Butler situation.

clutchdabear, luckyman76 and hakeem94 like this.
  6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Today was louder than usual. There is greater urgency. CyberX has greater reach here though, so this is just from my guys.

I mentioned long ago that Jimmy Neutron was a Rocket-target. We nearly made some movement in South Beach, but luckily Phoenix took our FreeBird off of our hands.

This is what I know, and admittedly, CyberX has more reach in the Twin Citites:
    1. Jimmy is there for Thibs, but that's not enough because Thibs is on the clock
    2. Jimmy has told pals that he doesn't have any "killers' on his team. (This is true...no one is scary in crunch time other than Jimmy Neutron
    3. Contact situation....he doesn't want to be in Minny long term. Dwayne Wade will confirm.
    4. Current chatter involves the need for three teams BUT
    *5 Minny/Thibs are waiting to hear from Jimmy that he wants to be dealt to a contender.
    **Don't underestimate LeBron and the Lakers to provide a comparable package if it gets that far.

***When I asked about us, once again, pain was brought up. To gain Jimmy,you're going to be bruised a bit. You would even lose the Rocket's Introverted Bomber....

And, you would inherit a contract from a team that's ...well...unappealing.

He'll say the right things behind closed doors, but JB is ready to win.

I can't say with any confidence that it will be us, but i know the phones in Houston are busy.

My personal concern comes back to Me7O. I see it working out, but that's a bunch of strong personalities. Luckily James and JB are closer than most, CP and JH are close, and CP and Mel are close.

Right now, it's just a dream....but it's not far fetched.

Also, Kawhii is not leaving Toronto this year. Kbye.

Cod

9. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Much appreciated update. Thank you, Cod! You're the best.

I wonder who the Introverted Bomber is.

10. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Thanks Cod. Absolutely agree with you on Kawhi and glad to finally hear it from someone who knows. Toronto paid a heavy price to make him the man and they cannot afford to lose on the deal. There is no way in hell they trade him and I bet Toronto is going to win him over. He is going to get everything he wants there without playing 2nd or 3rd fiddle to LBJ. From now on they will be fighting the Celtics every year to get to the Finals. The Lakers will have trouble sniffing the playoffs. The Spurs were a dying brand in the beginning of a long rebuild in probably the most competitive conference in the history of the NBA. They will be good now but never what they were

DonKnock likes this.
  11. Exiled

Exiled Member

maybe to Boston

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

You don't think a 6'8" small forward/shooting two-way player/allstar Houstonian (from tomball) who wants to win a championship does not fit in? Houston is a win-now team.

CP3 18ppg
    Harden 30ppg
    Butler 22ppg
    Melo 24ppg (career)
    Capela 14ppg
    =108ppg

Wright/MCW
    Green
    Ennis/Edwards
    Chriss/Hartenstein
    Qi

That starting line up tho. Top three players in that lineup can run a bench.

13. Nook

Nook Member

If that is what it takes, they will.

I don’t see Butler going to the Rockets to begin with, but if it takes Gordon and Tucker... Morey would do it.

Deuce, Richie_Rich, BMoney and 2 others like this.
  14. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Would be hard to beat out an offer or Jaylen, Lonzo (pretty sure he'll suck next to LeBron), Knox (Jimmy would be worth it if it gives them a shot at Kyrie), Tobias, Levert and a pick, Myles Turner, or others. All of those are feasible destinations for Jimmy who can outbid our Gordon offers. We need him to publicly say he'd only resign with Houston for us to have a chance really.

15. BigMaloe

Jaylen isnt getting traded.
    Lonzo and 1st, probably better.
    Tobias is even to gordon but expires earlier. Their 1st makes it better.
    Lavert is no no no where near as valuable and I doubt they give up their "finally a top pick".
    Why would they want myles?
    Knox, ehhh...

Our platter isnt crap but it's not the best. But you mentioned some awkward ones

DonKnock and luckyman76 like this.
  16. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I don't know if they really should win now. Losing Jimmy would be a good wake up call telling them that they pushed into their competitive window too early and they might wanna play the slow game and let a core develop with KAT. That's why I think they'd choose future assets over current ones. They had Jimmy and they got to 8th. Whomever they get for now will be magnitudes worse than Jimmy so future assets might be more appealing. Their window is more of a 5-10 years from now kind of thing.

17. BigMaloe

I agree, but thibs is the president of operations.

Coaches are short sighted. Hes trying to instill a culture and hes losing his locker room which could lead to depression and a increased desire to win more

#57 BigMaloe, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  18. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I honestly think though that Jimmy is the only reason Thibs is still there. If they choose KAT over Jimmy you can be sure Thibs will be gone too.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think we would make it work, that's why i would trade for him without question, i was just saying i'm not sure he is a perfect fit on paper cause he's another player who's used to handle the ball a lot unlike Gordon and PJ, but again, fwiwi...i think we would make it work and like i said i would trade for him without question ;)

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member