1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jimmer fredette - The Lonely God (China Mix)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Sep 17, 2018.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

2. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

I have always maintained that Jimmer was extremely unlucky in the NBA. He could have had a JJ Reddick / JJ Barea type of career. His shooting skills are elite. In college, he went head-to-head with Kawhi Leonard and generally came out on top.

However, in the NBA, he was drafted by the Kings, the worst franchise ever. The coach/regime that drafted him was either fired or sold off the team right after he arrived. No future coach trusted and developed him. He never developed the defense or the pick'n'roll skills required for a player like him to survive and thrive. He would have never been a star, but he would have had a role in the league.

The only reason the Kings drafted him was that he and his agent gave them a workout. I see the same mistake done by Marvin Bagley and his people, and smartly avoided by Luka. If I were a NBA lottery pick, I would avoid a Kings workout like the plague (not even the regular death kind, but the zombie apocalyptic kind). They've destroyed careers after careers.

#2 DeAleck, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Little Bit, Koperboy and batkins like this.
  3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I bet that's fun as hell to play in China. They seem like good fans and being over there would be awesome to me. I'm sure you miss home some, but I bet it's still a blast to be on the court more doing what you love.

Yung-T and Mazulis like this.
  4. Juxtaposed Jolt

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

... and his team lost.

Pierre Jackson scored 63 points in that game. He's the leading scorer in the CBA. He averages almost 43 ppg. Jimmer only scores 34 ppg. Jimmer is only the 6th leading scorer in that league.

BTW, if you guys remember Kyle Fogg and his week or two week or whatever stint on the Rockets' summer league team about 5 or 6 years ago, he's the 7th leading scorer in the league at around 33 ppg. lol. Even DMo is racking up numbers in that league.

Shavlik Randolph, Cole Aldrich, and Courtney Fortson are averaging ... wait... Shavlik Randolph, Cole Aldrich, and Courtney Fortson are still playing basketball??

CBA stats :
    https://basketball.realgm.com/international/league/40/chinese-cba/stats

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

[​IMG]