1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin to be bought out by Hawks, sign with Toronto

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

I don't have any numbers to support this, but I wonder if the Raptors have the highest attendance of Asian fans that come to games on a regular basis, regardless of Lin being present.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  2. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

I don't doubt it...Jeremy said that over the years, every time he's played in Toronto it has felt like a home game to him, so he definitely has a lot of fans up there and its not unreasonable to guess that many are Asian. And looking at a few of the Raptor fan boards, there is probably more positive excitement about Lin joining the team than there has been at any other team he's joined.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It would be even better if we can trade Clutch fans who aren't Rockets fans to the Toronto fan boards
    And save the extra hard drive space for Rockets fans to talk amongst themselves

4. yoeddy

Hard drives are so cheap these days. Am pretty sure my donations to Clutch would cover it.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

An opinion about Jeremy Lin's basketball skills by someone who has join many basketball boards for Lin and has admitted he's not a team fan , is not a true opinion

It's the equivalent to asking a community about McDonald's food when one member is a McDonald's marketing executive who doesn't live in the community.

yoeddy likes this.
  6. adoo

adoo Member

just based on the size of the local Asian population, GS, Sacto, LAL , LAC and Brooklyn have more Asian fans in attendance.

add to it, Brooklyn and Sacto are owned by Asian American billionaires. and another one owns 5% of LAL​

7. threepointshot3

Lin has fallen so hard that his scrub worshiping groupis are celebrating a 8 point game hahajaha

8. threepointshot3

Seriously what are you doing here?

9. yoeddy

Talking about Jeremy Lin in a Jeremy Lin thread. How about you?

10. threepointshot3

This is a rockets fan board. Not the degenerate cesspool of scrub worshippers at Jenny Lin fansite you forgot to go to

tinman likes this.
  11. Theking

Theking Member

Its all on the cloud

yoeddy likes this.
  12. yoeddy

I don't like the Jeremy Lin fan sites...they are too over the top.

13. mig0s

mig0s Member

Lol you're trying too hard.
    No one is celebrating. He just had a solid game 2 hours after signing. 8/5/5 with good defense when he signed at 5:30pm is pretty good. If you're gonna hate wait for him to have a bad game at least.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

He’s here to troll team sites
    He’s admitted to not having a team and joined multiple lakers sites

I’ve @ you the posts

15. yoeddy

I have a team. I've told you a zillion times now. I am a Nets fan, and other than a couple of years hiatus when they first moved to Brooklyn, I've been a Nets fan since the late 1980s. And I don't post on Lakers or Hornets sites anymore, because they have stopped talking about Lin. This is maybe the most active Lin forum I've seen.

16. foh

foh Member

Judging by this thread, no one really wants to talk (constructively) about Jeremy Lin as much as you do on here.. Do you realize that? With the exception of a few (emotional) sh*tposts, Tinman is your other consistent interlocutor. You like "talking" to Tinman? Is there really no better place to discuss your love & investment with Jeremy Lin? Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Maybe it's time to move on then?? & stop riling up Tinman?? (He was here first after all.) Just enjoy watching the game and talk with others about things that they actually want to talk about...
    #no_offense
    #just_suggestion

tinman likes this.
  17. yoeddy

I didn't create this thread, and there were 15 points in it in the 15 minutes after the news about Lin's buyout hit the newswires and before I even knew about this thread (was still posting in the Hawks one), so that really showed me how much interest there was here. And yes, lots of back and forth with tinman, and I think both he and I have fun with it. If you're not interested in Jeremy Lin, it's very easy to not open the thread...but given all the posts and views, it's clear to me he is very popular here to discuss.
    #no_offense_taken
    #thanks_for_the_suggestion_I_appreciate_it

18. tinman

Supporting Member

You can’t have legit conversations amongst Rockets fans when you have someone join to spam the topic

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This isn't a Lin forum. It's a Rockets forum.

tinman likes this.
  20. yoeddy

It’s a Lin thread. Check out the title...