1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jasons Deli Salad Bar

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Daddy Long Legs, Aug 14, 2017.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I've never stolen anything, nor do I advocate stealing. For most people, it's pretty easy not to steal. There is no difference between stealing a salad from a salad bar and opening up the cash register and grabbing a 5 dollar bill. Also, for someone who has claimed being an "adult" in this thread, stealing a salad from a restaurant is not very adult-like.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

If you are stealing an $8 salad bar you are absolutely a child

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I used to say everyone has stolen something but I've met a lot of people like bobrek who really have probably never compromised themselves like that.

Its commendable because I'm also sure a lot of people have justified stealing something for whatever reason

4. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

But what if the salad bar has bacon bits and Vienna sausages?

5. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Right.... yeah there is.

6. bobrek

Assuming a $5.00 cost for the salad bar (probably on the low side), either way one is taking $5.00 in value from the restaurant. Stealing is stealing

7. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

If you can't figure out the difference between someone stealing salad from a bar that likely throws away thousands of pounds of uneaten food per year versus literally taking $5 in cash then I'm not going to bother explaining it to you.

8. bobrek

At the end of the day, the restaurant is out $5 they should have had if the person had paid for, rather than stolen from the salad bar. If you can't see that stealing is stealing, then I don't know what to say about you. Again, justify all you want (they were going to throw it out anyway, nobody notices, they overcharge, etc.) it's still theft.

9. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

[​IMG]

I don't even care that much. Just pointing out that I don't really think it's a big deal.

10. moose

moose Member

The ice cream is free for everyone. An employee told me you don't even need to purchase anything.

11. bobrek

What did the employee say about the salad bar?

12. bobrek

That's the root of the problem. Too many people think stealing is not a big deal. A "little" stealing is OK. It's not.

13. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

The people that started Jason's are friends of mine. I went to High School with their kids. They are some of the nicest people and probably don't have much concern off a few people taking off the salad bar or getting ice cream, they will tell you that it is free so it isn't stealing for that. . Jason's catered the cafeteria at the school. We had normal cafeteria food, but it was a little higher grade from some of the other schools I have been to. That and once or twice a month they would serve something off the menu (Muffaletta, or a Texas Spud, etc.). Unfortunately they did not offer a salad bar or ice cream so I had no opportunity to steal either of those. I also got food poisoning eating there about 8 years ago and don't eat there as often as I used to.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  14. Roscoe Arbuckle

I have a friend who back in the day would go to convenience stores after the bars closed and he would go to the hot dogs and very sneakily (he wasn't) try to inhale as many of the hot dogs as he could. One time the clerk caught him and said "I would've just given them to you. They've been in there for a few days..."

Good times.

Daddy Long Legs and Jontro like this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

this is why jontro don't eat vegetables.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.