1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is gonna get screwed over again in MVP voting (2019 edition)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Feb 15, 2019.

1. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

There are media members even making a case for Giannis as DPOY. If the Bucks remain No.1 in the East and he is even close to getting that award, he will definitely get MVP.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I mean I don’t watch them religiously. He seems to be the same player he’s been to me. That’s not typically an all star but can sneak in occasionally and think my point stands

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He had like 18-21 ppg in the first 2 months and cooled off considerably.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

The Curry one, while I slightly disagreed with, was understandable. He was the best player on possibly the greatest regular season team of all time.

This year it's kind of the same. Giannis is the best player on the best team (in terms of record). Can't really expect NBA voters to be nuanced about thing like strength of schedule in the eastern conference.

To me, the MVP has to be on a team that is winning on an elite level (this is somewhat objective, but you know it when you see it). And from there it's just a balance of team success and individual stats. I think Giannis is definitely qualified. It's also "sexier" to pick someone who has never won it before.

Basically, let's not get too upset about this. This is NOT The Westbrook MVP award, which was probably the worst MVP decision of all time in any sport.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Brogdon, Bledsoe and Splash Mountain would revert back to their sucky selves when joining Houston.

Only Allstars and scrubs shine in Houston. :p

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

He should be worried about wining a championship and not a freaking MVP award...

If that is what you guys are worried about than you can't see the forest because of the trees.... Need to get your priorities in order...

T_Man

SWTsig likes this.
  7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I love Harden but its not his year & Paul George plays on a stacked team and shouldn't get it either. Giannis should run away with it. The Bucks haven't done squat in YEARS and The Greek Freak has them relevant and contending.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Rockets fans here are angry and scared that Harden will be robbed and meanwhile Bucks fans are angry and scared that Giannis will be robbed.
    :D

No he is having his worst season since 2015-16. He still hasn't adjusted to read and react Bud's offence and can't function without knowing where his shots will be coming from and without his midrangers. He is the 4rth best player in the team. The all star spot was more like a nod for his overall carreer since the last two years he has been all-star level -for the eastern standards but didn't get it because of the team's record. The one who deserved it this season, is Bledsoe.

hakeem94, RichieBanks and Deuce like this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Lame take

Reeko likes this.
  10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I hear what you’re saying. I’m not purely a stats guy and don’t watch him enough. Stat wise he’s basically just as productive per possession as he’s been every year while being similarly efficient.

11. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Harden, Giannis and PG13 are all worthy. Stop w the constant b****ing that anyone other than Harden winning would be some sort of tragedy. Winning another MVP is so far down the list of my priorities for this team it barely registers on my radar.

Get healthy. Get help. WIN IN THE PLAYOFFS.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

We have 3 clear cut candidates: Harden, Giannis and George.

Giannis likely wins MVP
    Voters can give George DPOY (as a consolation)
    And Harden having this absurd historic season gets a pat on the ass.

SMH.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Do I think Harden is the MVP? Yes. I do. Would I be mad if Giannis wins it if the Bucks finish with the best record in the NBA? Absolutely not.

BUT I AM STILL MAD AT WESTBROOK WINNING IT OVER HARDEN!

malakas and arno_ed like this.
  14. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

OP, really like who gives a f? Harden won it last year, let's focus on the ring and not petty regular season awards.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Too bad there is no Offensive Player of the Year award. I wonder why.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

With a healthy team we probably end up 3rd or 4th over this last stretch. Giannis is on a projected 61 win team in the east dude. He gets to play the bottom 2/3rds of that conference 3 and 4 times each.

#76 Gorilladunks, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  17. Sino rocketfan

So I start to doubt that what the standard for MVP voting: more wins, or better stats?
    If more wins,then Harden should have got MVP INSTEAD OF Westbrook that season.
    If better stats,the Harden should have got MVP INSTEAD OF Curry that season.

I guess now they're saying the "more wins"this season. What's next?

18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Thanks Capela

#78 Roc Paint, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  19. Sino rocketfan

Yeah I agree. They should also give an award to the scoring leader in the league.

Easy likes this.
  20. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Eff the MVP talk. Since when has this award been objective? It’s soo overrated. What really says a lot is who the player’s MVP. They’re all down there in the grind... way more than us.