1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Ennis signs with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jul 11, 2018.

1. GottaHaveHeart

Well let’s see how he looks after 1 yr of open looks

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I know. They were 9th overall. So with Melo, they dropped one spot. :p

D-rock and B-Bob like this.
  3. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Melo =Top 10 defense.

RyanB likes this.
  4. Why not?

Why not? Member

I'm confident this guy is going to step up in our scheme and play his best ball. I expect his added athleticism and driving/finishing ability compared to Ariza will help keep defenses even more honest. I think he is an upgrade, offensively, to having Ariza or Mbah a Moute on the court. My hope is that he fully buys-in and elevates his defensive game a couple notches (a la PJ or Bev when they joined us).

raining threes and Shark44 like this.
  5. PatBev

PatBev Member

The fact that he seems to actually be able to dribble and drive to some degree I think gives a whole new dynamic to our offense. If he can give us 80% of Arizas defense I think he will be much better for this team than Ariza was.

I'm excited to see Melo & Ennis share the SF position

xtruroyaltyx and DaonlyLA like this.
  6. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Defense shouldn't be an issue

Melo had a higher DRTG than guys like KD, LeBron, Giannis, Curry. Slight behind Paul, Harden, Ariza, Butler, Draymond and Klay.

Thunder had a top 10 defense with Melo on the floor(they were 9th overall so only a slight drop off)

I think with increased efficiency offensively and a similar defensive output Melo will have a very good season in terms of metrics and the Rockets should/could be better.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I hope he is paying you. Very vigilant!

clutchdabear, fryjol7 and H-Town Melo like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Interesting he used this video. He has about 4 videos on YouTube and one of them is titled " DEFENDING JAMES HARDEN." lol

hongxingli likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

12. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I see Tucker and Melo splitting time at the 4. SF already has enough minutes distributed with Ennis, Gordon’s stretch with CP3 and Harden & Green.

Feel the future starting SF hasn’t been acquired. Ryno and too a much lesser degree Nene are expendable as would a young center or two + picks.

Melton, Ennis, Gordon, Green, MCW is a strong group of rotational pieces.

13. mockster

mockster Member

Ennis to cp3 when he fks up
    “I was pressing X dude I didn’t work”

Bobsputin likes this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Let's hope for the best. MDA might be able to help him to shoot his jumper with more confidence.

GottaHaveHeart likes this.
  15. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

I find both signings interesting, specifically the MCW signing. Has Morey given the coaches, specifically Bzdelik more input into the scouting and FA decisions?

Neither are amazing players, but can't discount height and length.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Rockets play FIFA. Ennis is a bad fat.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Good luck with guarding this beast in training camp Ennis!

Chamillionaire likes this.
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

His finishing at the basket will be good. His shooting might reach Luc's level. Consistent defense is hard work, but if buys into that, as you said, he could become a valuable player for our Rockets.

19. Fantasma Negro

Gordon is a shooting guard. The only small forwards on the roster are GG, Ennis and Vinny. PJ plays three positions but he's mainly a power forward. But I agree with you, sf is our biggest question mark right now but I like what Vinny can do. And we have to take into account with Harden about to make 45 mil, CP3 40 and Clint (looking like 20 mil), even though the cap will be going up this team will be heavily reliant on, per Morey, guys that we are hoping will outplay their contract. I actually like Vinny's potential over Ennis' but I'm pretty sure by February Morey will have made my take irrelevant

20. Chamillionaire

Not sure how much burn Melton or MCW will get but nice to have them at the end of the bench. If Ryno doesn't get traded, which imo would be disastrous, would likely have to play the 5 with the 2nd group. We can't have that contract for the next 2 years wasting away James' prime and on Paul's back 9. We need to trade that with picks for a rotation player. I'm positive Morey will make the best move so not too worried.