1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Time to Make the "Ignore" Function Forum Specific!

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Deckard, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm up against yet another instance of having to put a member on ignore for constantly posting idiotic takes, in my humble opinion, in D&D. I know what you're thinking. It's The Basement, the home of idiotic posts, but bear with me. Over the years, I've had to put several members on ignore because of their posts in D&D. Why? They were constantly trolling, or would make the same argument time after time after time in the same thread, simply made idiotic posts over and over, or were determined to piss a member off enough that they would get angry. I don't enjoy getting angry, believe it or not. Not good for my health. Not good for anyone's health, when you get right down to it. So for various reasons, they end up on ignore. Sometimes I take them off if their behavior has changed. I could mention names, but that's not what I'm interested in.

So what's my problem? I have the option to ignore them. That should take care of the issues I have with that person, right? The problem I have, and it has been a problem for years, is that those same members are often enjoyable to read in the GARM, in Hangout, and in some of the other forums. If I have to put them on ignore to preserve my sanity due to their stupidity, etc., in D&D, then they are on ignore in every forum. Now that we have a vastly improved ClutchFans due to the hard work of Clutch and his crew, it seems to me that making the ignore function "forum specific" would be a significant improvement for many of us, and not only those who visit D&D. I imagine that some members have placed other members on ignore due to a post(s) in the Texans forum, or the Astros forum, yet don't have a similar problem with said member in the basketball forums.

Should Clutch go to the trouble, assuming it's an option these days, of enabling a member to ignore another member in just a particular forum? Having to click on an ignored member's post in Hangout or the GARM in order to read it slows me down, interrupts the flow, damn near ruins my day! ;)

What say you?

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

"All those moments
    will be lost in time...
    like tears in rain"

;)

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

@Deckard
    I haven't gone into D&D for don't know how many years. It's just not worth it.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yep, skip the D&D, your mind will thank you later

da_juice and Yung-T like this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I get the general condemnation of D&D, which can be very unpleasant at times, to say the least, but if you enjoy discussing politics and other possibly heated topics somewhere on the BBS, that's where you do it. I'm a political junkie and have been for years. I usually enjoy discussing the subject, but my give a **** factor has become pretty low. So I'm "ignoring" some of the worst of the bunch. The problem I have with that is in the OP.

#5 Deckard, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Os Trigonum likes this.
  6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

So we can start more threads about DMo? No thanks.

On forum-specific ignoring, it sounds like a bit of an investment. Now, ignore wouldn't just be a button, but you need a whole interface panel where you can check the boxes in which each poster can be ignored, or a list for every forum. Is it really worth the work?

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure how difficult the process would be for Clutch to enable a version of this in the BBS software, and for the member to use it, JV. In my case, we're talking about 1 or 2 dozen at the most. Some of those I have on ignore are people I don't want to read anywhere at all, even if they are the last Rocket fans on the planet, other than myself, of course.;)

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Sounds like a D&D only problem to me. Just have two boxes, ignore poster in D&D and ignore poster in all forums.

9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I would like this just to ignore FTW Rockets FTW in the Texans forum.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Lol ... I put EVERYONE who's posted on this thread on ignore!:cool:

Hello?? Hello??

[​IMG]

Dang it I'm lonely now...:(

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I didn't realize you were a Millenial Deckard.

:)

DD

jbasket likes this.
  12. jsb

jsb Contributing Member

No he's not a Millenial but when you get that old you do tend to get a little grouchy. :)

Although that wouldn't be a bad idea the more I think about it. Anyone posting beyond the 100th page in a DMo thread would do it for me.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's why we needed to spread out into so many DMo threads so that nobody would be posting beyond the 100th page. :D

Os Trigonum likes this.
  14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Just to add on, it would be hugely helpful if we could still see threads started by ignored members. I know there is an option to "unhide", but it is temporary and needs to be re-selected every time.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

My wish is that the posts that quoted the ignored posts would also disappear.

I had put bbholic on Ignore. During the DMo frenzies, people kept replying to him. While I couldn't see bbholic's quoted posts, I still could see those that were talking to him. It was so weird to read post after post talking to an invisible person, not knowing what they were responding to. I had to un-ignore bbholic just to know what posts were responding to him so I could quickly skip over.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't mind most people. I ignored RocketsLaggard because he's a known dumbass with previous aliases and I haven't seen much a difference.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the replies, folks. Maybe the "guy upstairs" should ponder doing this! :)

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Interesting idea, I like it

Deckard likes this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

i go to the d&d to learn about politics and life.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hope you learn a whole lot about the next president as well. Be Swell.