1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's early, but anyone else skeptical about Harden + CP3?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketStan, Oct 20, 2017.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Haha - give me a break. There are people who have been Warriors fans longer than that and that's the greatest bandwagon team of all time.

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  2. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Yeah, I don't think it's going to work, and I never really did... but I also think Paul and Harden are incredibly talented and versatile (at least in Harden's case), and could find a way to make something work. And I think that Morey is brilliant, so it's possible he sees something that we can't yet see.

... It's also possible that Morey was just trying to fling as much **** against the wall as possible and see what stuck, which honestly is a strategy kinda worth trying. If we had gotten Paul George this summer, shizz woulda been really interesting. Like Wade is redundant with Lebron, but that worked out just because it was so much talent. And no, I'm not saying either of these guys is as good as Lebron.

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

These things will take time to be smooth but with the shooting/rim finishers we have, it's absolutely a deadly combination to have two play makers like this. Harden and CP are both very high bball IQ guys - I have NO doubts about their ability to mesh on the court eventually.

The regular season won't expose it too much(except in late game situations), but whereas last year you could devote several defenders to help on Harden to force him to give it up and make the role players beat you, this year, Harden could give it up to another deadly playmakers who happens to be a clutch player too. It just takes that much more pressure off of Harden and the rest of the team. You'll see the fruits of this partnership against the Golden State or San Antonios of the playoffs because that's been our Achilles heal for several years now.

D-rock likes this.
  4. carlos

carlos Member

Sometimes the reactions and comments on this board are hysterical. There are some people here that if you drove to their house and gave them a Lamborghini would complain about the color rather than say thanks. At only two games in it is evident that Tucker and Mbah a Moute are contributing more than CP3 but those guys are used to being role players and so it is an easier transition for them. CP3 has 82 games to figure it out and he will. For now I will be happy if his presence allows Harden to sit more.

DonKnock, D-rock, Reeko and 1 other person like this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

LOOK OP!!
    ITS SPINNING!!!
    [​IMG]
    WATCH IT SPIN AND SPIN!!!

6. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I am skeptical of Houston sports. But that is just me. Left deflated too many times. BUUUUT. I am cautiously optimistic on this pairing. I don't look at it from a Harden/Paul on the floor together. I look at it more as a one of them being on the floor at all times and being able to have both of them take decent breathers. I think the value is having a good floor general to run Mike's offense at all times. Throw in a rejuvinated EGO and the defense of Tucker and Mbah and things could get interesting.

I think Cod mentioned some improvements in the bigs coming in December? no clue what that could be. But I am curious. If Memphis decided to blow things up. How do you think Gasol would fit here? Dude can hit three's. Decent low post presence. Salary is in Ryno's neighborhood. Just spit balling. But I would be curious what he would bring. Of course not sure who you would replace Ryno with if he was the centerpiece of a 3 team deal to get Gasol. Orrrr given his shot could he play a serviceable 4?

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Just to be succinct cause you have your hands full already: saying "it's early" doesn't negate that it's poor analysis based on insufficient information.

Also I watched the OKC game. Did you watch the full game? I can't imagine you did. Those guys were iso after iso, no offensive system to speak of, playing against a deeply garbage team for just one game. They did not look good in that win. I don't know how someone could have watched that game and deduced that they were watching a team that is better than a Rockets team that was top 4 in the NBA (TOP THREE REGULAR SEASON) and then added Chris Paul.

It's just impossibly inflammatory. Sometimes we make mistakes, it's ok.

DonKnock, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

There is a difference in being skeptical and voicing stupidity. How about watching them play longer together before throwing around unproven skepticism?

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I love when the NATIONAL MEDIA looks at the future of OKC (Westbrook, Melo, PG) they "just need time to adjust but then will be dangerous when they get things worked out" but when the NATIONAL MEDIA look at HOU they say "there will be an adjustment, but time will tell" (AKA, not sure it will work).

DonKnock, Drogba and Killatron 2000 like this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I think regardless if Paul plays or not, harden will still do fine in regular season and carry the team to playoffs. In Playoffs idk.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It's early, but anyone else think the Pacers won the PG trade. OMG, Oladipo and Sabonis are unleashed combining for 40pts on sumpin like 87.4% shooting (someone check my numbers)

WB obviously held them back

Who's going to argue with me on this small sample size? Small samples rule in this thread.

DonKnock, D-rock, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

There's plenty of a sample size for CP3. His 12 year career is all we need to know that he is at least comparable to Harden in overall talent.

13. heypartner

Yeah, screw small samples.

Small sample sizes can get you married in Vegas in one day.,,,especially when highly screwed....uh, I mean highly skewed.

14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Or it can get you a great deal on a diamond in the rough!

Wait, I'm supposed to be the pessimist....

heypartner likes this.
  15. heypartner

Yup, diamonds living in the rough is how all single-mom, Vegas strippers pitch themselves to you, while screwing the guys' small sample size...uh, skewing...dammit auto-correct.

#95 heypartner, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    Kevooooo likes this.
  16. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

chris paul is starting to be washed up, just like melo. So you can't expect a top of the line chris paul in his prime or heydays. Or else we'd have to give up Gordon too to get paul I'd think. And don't expect Paul to play more than 60 games this season with his injury history.

17. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Hey she said she was a nursing student! I thought I was investing in America's healthcare system.

18. Clown Baby

Clown Baby Member

Clown Baby nailed it. Y'all tripping. CP3 healthy for the playoffs is a massive difference maker. We beat the Champs and our fans/the media talks snot. The Thunder beat the lowly Knicks and the media raves. I'm dissapointed in this fanbase and media. This team has a chance which is all u can hope for in a stacked GSW era

DonKnock likes this.
  19. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Now we know why CP3 looked off it's because he is INJURED BUT SOME DAMN RANDOM NOBODY MORON who probaly posted with an alternate ID thinks Harden is to blame for all the problems in the world knows best lol

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

people just love to cry and complain on here

DonKnock likes this.