1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

iTouch problem

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by getsmartnow, Dec 10, 2007.

Tags:
  1. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Hey guys, thought someone here might be able to help me. I got an iTouch yesterday, put all my songs etc onto it, and now for some reason whenever I go into 'Music', it goes straight into the album cover menu, not the playlist one. I've reset/restarted a few times, and am still getting the same result. I've also checked that I've got the latest software updates. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

When you touch MUSIC, it will always go to the last way you had it sorted. If you touch MUSIC, then ALBUMS, then go back to the menu, you should see ALBUMS if you go to Music afterwards. Similarly, change to LISTING, then go back to menu, and you should be able to go back to Listing when returning to Music straight from the main menu.

:cool:

3. getsmartnow

Thanks SwoLy-D, but how do I get to the main music menu? Whenever I touch Music, it skips past the music menu and goes straight to the album covers...is there a way to go from the album covers back to the menu? I'm touching the screen like a mad man :mad:

4. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

I am considering purchasing an I-touch 16 gig. I heard there were some issues with the screen and how it displayed images. Have these problems been resolved. I am trying to hold out to see what the second generation of the I-touch will have. I want it to have larger storage capacity and resolve some of their browser issues. I also heard that the second generation would have 3G. Has anyone else heard this rumor. Finally does anyone have any clue when Apple may release the 2nd generation I-touch or 2nd generation I-phone?

5. SwoLy-D

:cool: Relax, man.

When you go to music, at the bottom, there are four tabs. Touch either one of these for different display type.

Main menu... touch MUSIC... then touch the "songs" tab... touch MAIN MENU again... then MUSIC, and you should be in "songs" type listing.

EDIT: It should always go to MUSIC the way you left it.

#5 SwoLy-D, Dec 12, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  6. getsmartnow

Hehe, thanks. I worked it out as soon as I posted. Now I'm loving the iTouch! :)

Just one more question...anyone know of a good bit of software that converts movie files to MP4 format? :)

Dream34- I've got a 16GB, and haven't had any issues with displaying photos. Not sure when the next gen ones are released.

7. SwoLy-D

Look for "Super" from eright software. It can convert any media format to any media format. I have ripped DVDs with DVDdecrypter, then transferred the .VOBs to MP4 with SUPER. I have all 6 The Office first season episodes and many Bugs Bunny cartoons (each a chapter in the DVD) on my iPod and play them in the car for the kids. :eek: