1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Issue with UPS...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TurtleBonzi, Dec 30, 2010.

Tags:
  1. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

I recently received a guitar for Christmas but I had to have it sent back to where it was purchased from because it was damaged. UPS was supposed to come pick it up from my house within 10 days (I requested it on 12/23). As to my surprised, when I arrived home just 10 minutes ago, I saw a notice slip left behind by UPS saying that they arrived to my house when I wasn't available. To my confusion, the slip had stated that this would be the final attempt to pick it up from my house. Wtf? :confused: This was really confusing because when I got onto the UPS website, it stated that they had attempted to pick up the shipment the past 2 days but they had never left a notice slip before today. I was even home all day yesterday and I didn't hear a single knock on the door. I called a number that was on the back of the notice they had left me but that was useless because it was just a recording telling me of the status of the pick up. What should I do? :(

TL;DR Version

UPS says they came to my house for the final attempt to pick up a shipment which I don't believe. Now they won't come pick it up. What should I do?

2. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Call 1-800-Pick-UPS and press "0" a bunch of times, that should get you to real person so you can explain the error.

1 person likes this.
  3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

You do realize that there are multiple UPS stores everywhere and you can drop it off yourself, right?

4. marks0223

Supporting Member

Nope. I use to own a UPS Store. They'd just give him the 1-800 number. We're independently owned franchises and don't have anything do do with issues not pertaining to business done in our store. Our stores use to be called Mail Boxes Etc then UPS bought the franchise and change the name.

5. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Um, just drop it off at a UPS store. There's one in Bellaire. Be proactive. Don't count on someone else. Do it yourself.

6. marks0223

Supporting Member

No, again a UPS Store will not take it unless you paid to ship it from their location. If you want to take it somewhere you'd have to go to a UPS customer service center at one of their big facilities. There is one in Stafford.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What did they say when you called to ask them what was going on?

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

they lie, just like the USPS and Fed ex...depends on the individual, some are very honest and hard working...others can't handle the job or are just lazy and will note they stopped by when they didnt.

Try to get a person on the phone and demand they try to pick it up again. Explain to them you've been home and no one ever came and no notice was left originally. Tell them you had your window open, door open, whatvr...i know it's lying, but you have to fight fire with fire sometimes.

another option is to go to a hub...there's one in SE houston off of 610 and mykawa...and i think another in stafford, might be the one someone else mentioned...i think there's another in the northside, can't think of where though...

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I just came from a UPS store to return an item that had a pre-paid shipping label from Amazon. You can drop off. The sign above where you drop off even says "Pre-Paid Labels and Drop Offs". I'm pretty sure you can drop your package off. Or else, somehow, my items have magically been shipped the 10 times I've done it.

10. marks0223

Supporting Member

Damaged packages are handled differently. Not sure if he's using a pre-paid label to just outright return the item without being inspected. He didn't mention he had a label. Usually when a package arrives damaged they call UPS and they come get it without a label to inspect the damage. But yeah, UPS Stores can take packages with pre-paid labels.

11. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

For those of you saying that I should've just shipped it myself, a lot was already spent for the gift alone and I really didn't want to end up paying additional shipping to return the item for something that wasn't my fault. The store that I got my guitar from was offering to have UPS come pick it up for free which is why I went with that route, and at the time I thought it would save me the trouble of having to drive somewhere to drop it off.

Anyways, I managed to go with whats marks0223 told me to do and called the number. They said that UPS had come to my house a total 5 times (even claimed to have arrived on Christmas Eve, which was complete bull). They said that there was nothing they could do unless I contacted the people who sold me the guitar to get UPS to come and pick it up. This time I'm just going to send it off my self because I think the people who sold the guitar are willing to refund the shipping costs.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

UPS is causing global warming. Not only does it take them 3 times (plus then your own trip to their warehouse in the end) to pick something up (or send something), but their jets do the same thing. When you are not home for your package, they send it back to the airport and send the package back to wherever it came from and then start over again. And they send an extra jet to do barrel rolls just for the fun of burning more fuel. God I hate them.

1 person likes this.
  13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Ups is garbage. Every time I order something and UPS delivers or I need to ship something that UPS is supposed to deliver it takes them so long. They absolutely do not knock on the door. They literally don't even get out of the damn truck and ring the doorbell. That's just terrible service. The only times i've ever gotten stuff on time form them is when someone has been outside for whatever reason when the truck passes by.

I've never had these issues with FedEx though. Hell, even USPS is better than UPS....

14. aghast

aghast Member

And I heard they're threatening to lock out the Barrel Roll Pilots Union if the barrel roll pilots won't agree to addtional concessions on their pensions.

Next thing you know, those fuel-burning barrel rolls will be performed, weakly, by cheap immigrant barrel roll pilot scabs. Who probably won't even know how to roll all the way over. They're just gonna kinda wave their wings up & down at us a little, out of that terrible amalgam of contempt laced with incompetence.

Do we even want to live in a country where a pilot who flies (often briefly upside down) in planes filled only with totally empty second-day ground packages cannot rely upon the continued ill will of his employer? To be able to afford even his modest middle class aspirations? To send his kids to a good college, pay off a mortgage in the suburbs, look forward fondly to a secure retirement in which he can spend his golden years doing barrel rolls of spite on his own time, probably over the heads of his next door neighbor, who lets his dog ---- in his front yard, or maybe the Ransall pests down the street? Do we?

I'm with you, B-Bob; UPS sucks.

1 person likes this.
  15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

True and I work for them. All they care about is production and still they ****ing suck. They don't give a **** your truck blew up or you got amputated, the package must get there.

So much pwnage in the warehouse. How many packages get trashed in front of the supervisors/managers. Lmao when the auditors come. Everybody is waiting for them, they get faked so bad. We know 2 months ahead when theyre coming.