1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this the most boring playoffs in recent memory?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Dash, May 7, 2017.

?

Is this the most boring playoffs in recent memory?

1. Yes

31 vote(s)
    75.6%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  1. Dash

Dash Member

No upsets, seems rarely there is a close game even within 10 points and most blow outs I think I've ever seen in a playoffs. Cavs and Warriors again the clear top 2 teams in the league. What's the deal?

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

Spurs v grizzlies was the only fun one so far.

Yung-T likes this.
  3. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Celtics/Wizards game 2 was a good game....but that's pretty much it

4. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Have only watched Rockets games - not because I'm a rockets fan - because somehow we've managed to make every game at least exciting.

But Adam needs to put a better product on the floor. In that case I do miss David Stern. Does he allow KD to sign with the Warriors?

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

The most boring playoffs for me is the celts vs lakers 2.0 between celtics big 3 and lakers big 2+medium 3 with kobe, bynum, gasol, odom, artest.

At least teams now play an entertaining brand of bball, in those days it was all half court vs half court, and you know who the two teams are gonna meet in the finals at least now there's some suspense in west.

6. malakas

malakas Member

The Jazz did an upset against the Clippers. The Rockets also can upset the Spurs and the Wizards the Celtics.
    As long as there is a 7 games series there won't be more than a couple upsets.

As for blowouts Pelton wrote an article about that this week and the most blowouts were last year even though it's close.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In a long time yes.

8. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Yes. We already know what the finals will be. And I also do not think the finals will be close.

The east is pathetic. And gs is to good.

francis 4 prez and da_juice like this.
  9. VBG

VBG Member

I feel like the East has generally been the same apart from one off interesting ECF series.

I think there's been a huge change in the West. Usually from round 2 the West is super interesting and competitive. And there are some epic first round series as well.

Last year the Spurs and Thunder were legit competitors for the Warriors. This year, I don't see anyone threatening the Warriors or Cavs in either conference which makes the other series seem irrelevant.

francis 4 prez and arno_ed like this.
  10. Mr. Space City

cavs destroying the raptors
    warriors destroying the jazz.
    wizards celtics entertaining
    rockets spurs..... ehhhhh so far.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If the Warriors become the first to sweep and go fo fo fo fo, I'm going to puke.

And for that to happen, Lebron likely gives up half-way through Game 3 and stops trying for the remainder of the series, just like he did vs Spurs in 2014. sickening.

The *only* good outcome I can see is that GSW does indeed go fo fo fo fo with increasingly "boring wins," prompting Durant to "Do the Right Thing" and decline his player option to leave the Warriors and finally strike out on his own to make a team for himself. Maybe with Dwight Howard....lulz

da_juice likes this.
  12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Even though it was over in 5 Okc vs Rockets was very entertaining. Probably best series in the playoffs so far

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah, my personal interest in the Rockets aside, this postseason has pretty much sucked.

One snoozer after the other.

14. VBG

VBG Member

Memphis - Spurs was the best series of the playoffs and I thought the games were fantastic. But because it was Memphis - Spurs nobody cared

francis 4 prez, MrButtocks and Yung-T like this.
  15. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yeah, silver has a millennial vibe about him. laid back, open workplace accepting of free-flowing opinions about joining superteams that already were superteams and would just ruin a budding rivalry, whatever happens happens, big on social media. watch kd go to the warriors while you're too busy taking a selfie. david would have been making the offers people couldn't refuse to keep kd out of gsw.

***mostly joking, i think silver's been good.

16. oelman44

oelman44 Member

You're right, its been a trend since last year. I remember last year having a bunch of 7 games, close series, but it seemed like every single game was a blow-out one way or the other. Not sure how the league is supposed to fix this, but it seems like the NBA playoffs pale in excitement to the NHL playoffs on a game to game basis.

17. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

The problem with the NBA is that the Warriors and the Cavaliers are the best team by far in their respective conferences. We all talk about the Durant trade, but look at how stacked the buyout market has been for Cleveland. Everyone they've wanted they've gotten. This year, it was Deron Williams and Andrew Bogut.

Yung-T likes this.
  18. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

The deal is that whenever cavs-warriors are on tv a lot of Americans are watching... like a lot.

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

This was how the 80's "Golden Age" of Lakers vs Celtics Magic vs Bird was. THE SAME TEAMS EVERY YEAR in the Finals. Not many people complained then, it was actually GREAT for the game and fans respected the greatness of teams and individuals.

These days fans want parity and drama every series every game or its deemed a failure and bore. And on players: Larry Bird is considered great because of exteme hard work refining his skills to be a great shooter and overachiever. We DON'T allow the same for Steph Curry, he's considered "flukey" and gimmick. And people hate the "nuthugging" he gets. Yes the game has changed, but so have the fans maybe more than the game.

To add: Opening rounds in 80s-90s used to be 3 and 5 game series. It got the lesser teams and series out the way quicker, and into the rounds that MATTER. Theyve added too many games to the playoffs that we gotta draaaag through and it lessens the parity. They might as well get rid of conferences and go 1 thru 16 seeds (Or 1 thru 12)

#19 Shroopy2, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
    plutoblue11 and DMO (DJ remix) like this.
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Rockets got knocked off in the first round last year. This year we've made it to the 2nd.

So, no.