1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it time for Pelosi to step down as Minority Leader

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, Jun 22, 2017.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Making shtit as usual, I see.

But you be you. Believe whatever complete nonsense you like. Whatever gets you through the night.

2. No Worries

This has to do with gerrymandering.

DNC Chairman Tom Perez is responsible for candidate recruitment and for raising money. His predecessor did not do a very good job and got replaced.

The courts are sorting out the gerrymandering issue, which may help the Democrats. Winning back state legislatures by 2020 will help more. Voter turnout in 2018 and 2020 will help even more.

KingCheetah likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL adorable, which part do you not believe just for comedy sake? Do you not believe that there was a "Fire Pelosi" campaign or do you not believe that it was wildly successful and an important part of the Republicans taking back the house?

I mean, both are pretty obvious facts that are essentially indisputable, so I'm curious which of them you are trying to dispute simply by saying effectively "nuh-uh"

4. No Worries

In 2010, there was low Democratic enthusiasm and turnout. The Democrats got punished at the polls for not fixing the Republican cluster ufcked economy.

Average voter votes their wallet.

In the conservative echo chamber in which you appear to live, the Fire Pelosi got traction no doubt but those people don't vote Democratic.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, you simpleton, I wasn't saying the "Fire Pelosi" campaign got Democrats to vote Republican, I'm saying it motivated Republicans to get out to vote and possibly more importantly it was an amazing fundraising tool. Why the hell would you think that I was suggesting that Pelosi got Democrats to vote Republican?

6. No Worries

Because you are not much of a deep thinker.

Republicans are fairly reliable voters. Democrats are not.

Saying the Republicans needed a GOTV effort is silly on the face value. But you be you.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you are telling me that you thought something really stupid instead of realizing the obvious because in your opinion I'm not much of a deep thinker? Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant, I can tell you got your GED from a top notch institute when you drop analysis like that.

8. No Worries

We are in agreement.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Do yourself a favor, stop thinking really stupid things all the time and blaming them on others. Instead, do your best to seem intelligent even if you don't think much of who you are talking to. It'll ensure that you don't end up looking like a simpleton as you did earlier in this thread.

Best of luck with that.

10. No Worries

Do yourself a favor and start thinking ... versus spouting empty partisan dogma. And do yourself another favor and don't get mad when you get called out for spouting nonsense.

But then again ... just you be you and the rest of us will try our best to ignore your bullshti.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You "called me out" due to you misunderstanding what I was saying...you realize that right? I got annoyed because instead of putting your thinking cap on, you just decided to lash out ignorantly....and even now that it's obvious that you were wrong, you are still trying to blame me for it.

I personally think you can do better than this. Prove me right.

12. adoo

adoo Member

The new house just gave you the significant finger

http://cbsn.ws/2CMgBCf

Nancy Pelosi was elected speaker for the 116th Congress on Thursday, cementing her legacy and returning the longtime Democratic leader to the post she first held eight years ago.

Pelosi, the first and only woman to ever wield the speaker's gavel, was elected with 220 votes. 15 Democrats did not vote for her on the floor.