1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it me or . .. Is Tucker Reaching Ryan like level of ducking shots?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Tucker is passing open shots
    and hell
    If he under the goal it is a turnover waiting to happen

Love the Defense
    Love the intensity
    but
    we play 4 on 5 on Offense with him now

He can hit neither 3's nor layups
    and I cannot remember the last time he went to the line

Rocket River

2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Aww **** are we gonna lament his salary too?

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yes it is very worrisome wonder what happened to him. We need him to show the aggression on offense as well as defense.

You can see it in his Shaqting a fool moment dude is scared to touch the ball just freaking stared at it when it was up for grabs.

MDA should strap him to a chair Clockwork Orange style and make him watch videos of Kobe, Iverson and Westbrick hogging the ball

lw17 and BigShasta like this.
  4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

He’s bricking wide open shots. It’s bad enough he’s missing but not even shooting is the real problem. He IS the open man, every time he passes to avoid shooting the defense is already in position to contest.
    It’s a major issue right now.

seemoreroyals and BigShasta like this.
  5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I can’t believe he was the roadblock to us acquiring Butler

6. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

This is the way he ducks shots.

[​IMG]

Also you don't want him at the free throw line. He's shooting a career low .64% this season. But wait he's a great defender on the 25th worst defensive team so that must mean something right??

hakeem94, rgw20014life and BigShasta like this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Tuck was my favorite rocket last season, I think going back to the bench will help him out.

hakeem94, Tankeio and rocketman84 like this.
  8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tucker avoids shots like Tilman avoids luxury tax!

9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Love tuck...but remember the people that didnt wanna give up tucker to get butler lmao. Yea you guys looking real silly.

hakeem94, lw17 and rocketman84 like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Clutchfans is not going to make me scapegoat PJ. F-ck off! Get behind me Satan! Not today!

hakeem94, BeBreezy, cbs1507 and 3 others like this.
  11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

LTOF sighting

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Tucker is NOT a starter. He’s a bench player at best, yet he’s playing in 35 minutes a night. Farid tripled his production and only played 18 minutes last night. MDA needs to make changes to the lineup for sure.

13. s3ts

s3ts Member

I said in other threads, I think something is going on with him that's affecting him either physically or emotionally.

Last season, and even earlier this season, he was one of the only things that kept us afloat through bad times.

I can't imagine that he can transform into what he is today without something going on. I refuse to believe that he's just regressing.

IvanLCPM and Rocket River like this.
  14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I'm still shocked Morey refused to trade a 34 year old PJ Tucker for Butler and caused that deal to fall through.

If anything you could've thrown in Tucker at the cost of 1 less 1st round pick to acquire Butler. Then you can still use that pick later to move BK.

That deal would've made us more desirable for buy-out targets as well to hop on the bandwagon. Also, Tilman probably would've been more inclined to go all-in and pay House as well.

Players entering their mid-30s shouldn't be playing heavy minutes in the regular season but on this team, we love to do that and our players seemingly run out of gas at the end of the season.

lw17 likes this.
  15. rockets13champs

That’s the issue. Bc of our style of play, guys get very fatigue late in games and can no longer hit shots. We need to play a different way in which we peak in style by the 4th quarter. We often peak in 2nd and 3rd quarters and die down by the 4th due to fatigue

16. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Faried's production isnt going to be the same as tucker. Faried isnt asked to defend and stretch the floor. Faried gets to set picks and be the roll to the rim player. Dont compare the twos production. Thats ignorant. They are asked to do entirely different jobs on the court. If they asked faried to do tuckers job it would be embarrassing.

HP3 likes this.
  17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This was the same guy that everyone loved last season because he is a smart player and hustles. We need Tucker to do well for this team to do well! This is on guys like CP3 and James Harden to get him the ball where he likes and encourage him to frickin shoot the ball. Unless he has an injury that we do not know about we can not let the Ryno syndrome hit this guy! He is far too pivotal to our success. Faried should not be starting because he gets man handled on the defensive end. He isn't guarding the starting wings and perimeter.
    Save TUCKER!

BeBreezy and HP3 like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

If we had even one more competent wing defender on this team, Tucker would be doing well. Look at who well he was doing when we had one of Trevor or Luc.....especially Luc.

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

MDA ruins another player....

really the dude is undersized and being asked to cover much bigger and stronger players while playing the most minutes of his career... his legs are dead... he's been run into the ground...

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

too many pancakes

J.R. likes this.