1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is ANYONE excited about the upcoming Season??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Oct 22, 2019.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

As I look at how the Rockets finished last year and what they did over the Off-season, it's the same team but possibly worse. I love the team and I will continue to support them BUT it's the S.O.S (SAME OLE ****). And I'm tired of it!

ThIs roster is flawed. We have too many guards and nothing else. PJ Tucker, Capela, House, Ryan Anderson, etc. are at best average for their position. I've been saying for the longest, we need more length, we have to be the shortest team in the NBA and we have no presence in the front court....AT ALL!

We need a PF that can score. I believe if we had any kind of scorer in the front court, we could have beaten GS at least once in the past. Once the Rockets shots stop falling from the outside, we were sunk. I would LOVE, LOVE MILES TURNER! But I know that's not realistic. Who else is available, I don't know. That's Morey's job!

All I do know is, we are going into another year with another guard heavy team, when everyone else has gotten bigger; LA Clippers, LA Lakers, Dallas, Utah, etc.....By height standards, the Rockets are the equivalence of a High School Team without any front court presence! IT'S HARD TO GET EXCITED ABOUT THAT!

RocketRed84 likes this.
  2. BleedsRocketRed

I am, but I’m keeping my expectations realistic. Still waiting to see how this Harden/Westbrook thing pans out over the first couple months

Riz, justinh, JW86 and 4 others like this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Of course I'm excited... But right now I'm still in baseball mode (go Astros!).

I'm excited every year regardless of squad... So I'll be very interested to see how the team meshes, after a couple of months we'll know. I think at least a 3 seed or better, definitely chance at winning it as always (I wouldn't count Harden out ever). Hell with Harden alone you're making the playoffs, and the GSWs finally aren't the concern. All these other teams are having to integrate new players too, so it's not like everyone has some insane chemistry, now if Klay Thompson wasn't out for the season... Then it'd definitely not make the west as open, so this season is definitely now to win it. I wouldn't read much into media reports they hate our teams every year.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OP needs something in his user name like MAD or 'holic or 'genius' to be taken more seriously

roslolian, J Sizzle, IvanLCPM and 7 others like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Even Tyson Chandler went from 7'1 to 7'0.

roslolian likes this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Least amount of excitement before a season during the Harden era.

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This! This is a much better version vs my long winded post.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i call bs .. the rockets were good enough, if only the refs would officiate without the bias

ps i hope tileman is saving every penny to bribe scott foster and the other brothers

bro2044 and rgw20014life like this.
  9. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I'm actually extremely excited and my expectations are as high for this team as ever, but I'm also more nervous than ever...

10. thekad

thekad Member

Rockets got worse while other teams improved. No reason to be excited really.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm excited, but it is pretty eerie how there isn't that much hype from the fandom.

BasketMAD, jacoby and rockets13champs like this.
  12. rockets13champs

HAAAAAHN LETS GET THIS RUN AS ONE BABY, ONE MISSION!!! FINALLY SOME EXCITEMENT!!!
    Not only rockets I’m just excited to finally watch some basketball

D-rock likes this.
  13. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I'm excited about watching Harden go back into full Wilt mode if necessary. My excitement levels will rise if i see our our defense and rebounding actually improve. If we can make any real improvement to our front court the bulk of the fan base will come around.

D-rock and DreamShook like this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm really excited to see our possible fast break attack (if Harden will not walk it up every time) but I think I will go get a beer each time we're on defense. Going to be a hard season on my liver.

burlesk and jcf like this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

16. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Honestly the Astros are a huge distraction for me right now, and probably for the rest of the city, too. Plus, I haven't seen anything from yet to really get me excited about him.

RocketRed84 likes this.
  17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

usually i'm at a 10/10 to start the season. I'm probably around a 6/10 at most. I hope that my enjoyment returns but I'm not sure it will.

Tilman's response to China. Tilman forcing the Westbrook trade. Tilman pushing his book. Tilman not paying luxury tax while saying he would.

We are finally in the Tilman era and i'm completely out.

And of course, every time you complain about his ownership here, 10 people come and respond how bad Les was, how Crane on the Astros never pays the luxury tax and how the Texans stink.

I don't care about what any of those owners did or do, I care about Tilman and I care the most about the Rockets and he's diminishing my enjoyment. End of story.

18. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Another boring season......hopefully with a boring ending this time...................

19. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Um, I am.

jcf likes this.
  20. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Watching Westbrook play still turns knots in my stomach -- you know that uneasy feeling like it's all wishful thinking and that crazy chick you're dating is going to show her true self any minute.

Other than that, I'm good.