1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In-N-Out reportedly opening in HOU in 2017

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by awc713, Jan 31, 2017.

1. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Their Patty Melt is my go to fast food burger. Their All Time Favorites menu definitely beat In-N-Out.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I get better in restaurant service from McDonalds. They also bring your food and condiments to your table.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

In-N-Out is so overrated. Sure, it's better than the likes of McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's, but it's still mostly hype.

Whataburger>>>In-N-Out

Whataburger is the only fast food burger joint I go to these days...I haven't been to a McDonald's or Burger King in years, and Wendy's is straight trash

4. Buck Turgidson

Go back to your cave. Your words and opinions belong in the stone age.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, idk what McDonald's you go to but that's never happened to me.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Houston is burger town and you guys are crowning over the best of the fast food chains.

Ha fatty chimed in yet?

Sajan likes this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was trying to describe Whataburger to a friend of mine who grew up in MN and has never been to Texas. I even showed him the Business Insider article. This guy is burger connoiseur but from reading the description of Whataburger as mustard, onions and pickles he said he probably wouldn't like it. Those are all sharp flavors and he's thiking they would cover up the flavor of the meat.

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

He is not wrong.

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I would never put mustard on a hamburger. I'm a mayo guy, 100%. But I always get the whataburger original style.

jbasket likes this.
  10. Roscoe Arbuckle

Yes. Yes he has.

BTW, best burger in Houston currently is at FM Bar & Grill.[​IMG]

11. Buck Turgidson

Those fries look a little lame. Burger looks pimp.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Whats the status on this thing?

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hmm, talking about best burger... I like Rocky's Crown Pub in San Diego :) 2 items on the menu 1/3 or 1/2 pound w/ or w/o cheese... It was fantastic and... when I go back I'll visit again, haha. I'm from TX born/raised/live here still etc, In n Out is blah, but this burger at Rocky's was insane + all the local brews on tap. Highly recommend trying it.

14. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Tornado Burger in Stafford, TX better than all these spots

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I like Stanton City Bites

Cranberry_Juice likes this.
  16. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I was in SoCal last month and hit the closest In N Out and was disappointed, I probably over hyped it in my head. I lived in SoCal for about a year (10 years ago) and I remember it being so much better, the fries were horrible and my double double was just OK. On the flip side I was in Dallas 2 weeks ago and I hit Whataburger 3 times in 3 days.........that place still rocks it.

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, yeah, when I had In n' Out for the first time years ago before TX got one etc, it seemed better than now... I grew up on Whataburger though, and it's a hell of a lot better better than In n Out (even back then).

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/study-in-n-out-more-popular-than-whataburger-in-texas

Study: In-N-Out more popular than Whataburger in Texas
    [​IMG]

POSTED: OCT 20 2017 10:23AM CDT

A new study released Thursday from Business Insider and Foursquare named In-N-Out the most popular fastfood chain in Texas. In other words, not Whataburger.

The findings, which included a most popular chain for each state, were determined by total visits to each chain "divided by the number of locations in that state," according to Business Insider.

Texans expressed their outrage about the results on the internet.

19. likestohypeguy

My favorite fast food burger going now is Jack's ribeye all american, substitute mustard in place of mayo, hold the cheese, & extra veggies (spring mix, tomatoes oninons pickles). The bumpy roll/bun they put that thing on, and the burger taste itself is so different, pretty good.

In & out doesn't look like my thing, heavy meat ratio & too much cheese, looks too sloppy, but I can't wait to try one anyway whenever they get here. Whataburger no longer has anything compelling for me over sonic, DQ, texas burger etc. since they dumped the a1 thick & hearty. That was a classic.

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This is a dumb study. Of course In and Out will have a higher ratio than Whataburger.

That said, Whataburger would not do as well in California as In and Out has done in Texas.