1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In-N-Out reportedly opening in HOU in 2017

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by awc713, Jan 31, 2017.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I hope you french fry fans saw the LA Times just completely and righteously lay waste to the fraudulent "fries" from In-n-Out. LOL.

spoiler for large and hilarious chart of all major fast-food chains with texture-versus-taste phase space.
    [​IMG]

Author pointed out that the In-N-Out fries just are never properly cooked. QFT!

Surprised by Del Taco ranking -- have never in my life eaten there.

donkeypunch and Nook like this.
  2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

What's your opinion of the main course..... burgers ??

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

@DreamShook Trans fats be damned. McD still has the goat fries even though theyre spaced aged and never rot.

B-Bob and macho GRANDE like this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think most people that love In-N-Out would probably agree their fries suck. I don't think they're known for their fries. I ate at Del Tacos as a kid in Houston. Then they disappeared. I saw one open up again near me in the DFW area a couple of years ago, and it disappeared not long after. I don't think there're any left around here now.

I love Chick-fil-A fries. :(

B-Bob likes this.
  5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

In N out is very overrated. The fries do indeed suck, the burgers are passable. Whataburger over them every time.

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Trash LA Times piece is invalidated for several reasons.

1. How do you put Chick Fil A fries in the worse texture section of the quadrant?
    2. In what world do Burger Kings fries get placed in the Better Taste section? How?
    3. Shake Shack Fries? In the Better Taste section? The same Shack Shack fries that are on par with frozen crinkle fries you can pickup at your local Krogers/Randalls and Air Fry?
    4. No one in their right mind goes to In-N-Out or likes In-N-Out mainly or even partly because of the fries. No one gives a **** whether it's great (it's not) but it's not the worst either. It's about the burger.

superfob, B-Bob and No Worries like this.
  7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Outside of Five Guys I like Chick-Fil-A and KFC's fries the best out of what they had on the plot. Obviously a very subjective subject, but I have a hard time understanding why anyone would like matchstick fries past that being what you grew up eating. I don't think I've ever been served matchstick fries and liked them.

8. B-Bob

Me? I don't burger out much anymore b/c I got spoiled by a pal's local bar and grill. Sooo good.

But I liked In-N-Out better than most chains, less than Whataburger. Always a double-double though.

Houstunna likes this.
  9. B-Bob

Am thinking I should have posted that graph in D&D. Need moar seriouses! :D

ferrari77 likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

The only problem with Chic-Fil-A fries is that they need to be eaten within about 2 minutes or so, any longer, like if you hit the drive through, and they're a limp soggy mess.

11. Roscoe Arbuckle

I've said it before, but the best fries in Houston are the Tex Cajun at BB's.

[​IMG]

I don't have them often, but the cheese fries at JCI also rock.

[​IMG]

Joshfast likes this.
  12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I gotta disagree with that take.
    What you wrote applies to the majority of fast food fries. Whataburger, McDonalds, KFC, Arbys etc.
    Chick Fil A and the Waffle fries reheat pretty well. Put them in the oven for a few minutes and they get crispier but not cracker type crispy but good fry crispy. Try it next time your CFA fries get cold.

13. SuraGotMadHops

There was a Del Taco location that had opened sometime around 2012 on Westheimer and Fondren, I loved it. It closed a few years later and it's now a Golden Chick, which is nasty as hell.

14. Roscoe Arbuckle

You're thinking Taco Bueno? Del Taco hasn't been here since the 80s.

15. Buck Turgidson

Re-heat fries?

No, man. Why should anyone have to do that?

Space Ghost likes this.
  16. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Best french fries are usually at $9.99 all-you-can-eat Asian buffet.

17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

McDonald's fries are terrible. I like BK's fries. I agree with others about Chick Fil-A's fries only being good when fresh. I have to rank Popeyes fries higher because nowhere else does seasoned fries. KFC should be up there on the scale, those potato wedges are great. Five Guys has good cajun fries, but their texture is too high; the fries are never crispy. Any crinkle cut fry is bland and rarely crispy. In-n-Out fries are trash. I'm not a fan of Whataburger's fries either, they are very bland.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

No, Del Taco opened one location in Houston on Westheimer in 2012. At that time they were talking about opening a bunch more in Houston...but that one location closed in 2015.

https://www.chron.com/entertainment...loses-its-only-Houston-area-store-6278634.php

I liked them as a kid...there was one on Memorial near Dairy Ashford that was close to home for me.

19. SuraGotMadHops

No, it was Del Taco. Here is the Yelp page for that Westheimer & Fondren location

https://www.yelp.com/biz/del-taco-houston

20. droxford

droxford Member

That's actually correct - there was ONE Del Taco location in Houston for several years at Westheimer & Fondren. I visited it any time I was in the neighborhood. It's a bummer the're gone; Del Taco >>>>> Taco Bell

SuraGotMadHops likes this.