1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In-N-Out reportedly opening in HOU in 2017

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by awc713, Jan 31, 2017.

1. awc713

awc713 Member

https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news...inally-making-moves-in-houston-70497?rt=35561

I like In-N-Out as much as the next person (though I do think it's overrated), but I just don't see how they're going to thrive in this city. Will be curious to see what location they choose. There's so much competition in this city for burgers.

I'd rather have Bubbas, Bellaire Broiler Burger, Stanton City Bites, and several others before In-N-Out. HopDoddy and Shake Shack are two other great spots, but I think I go to the Houston originals above before those, too.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Whataburger FTW

HakeemOnlyFan, Rodman23, J.R. and 6 others like this.
  3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

They opened one in Cedar Park near where I live and it's OK. West coast transplants love it. I'll stick with Whataburger for sure.

jbasket, RocketWalta and Astrodome like this.
  4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Took them long enough.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They'll put it in the loop and every suburbanite will trek in because it's a brand they know and something they think is cool. It will definitely THRIVE. Y'all people LOVE big brand fast food more than ANYTHING. They can even put it inside a McDonald's or Whataburger and both companies would bank.

DudeWah likes this.
  6. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

meh. We have them here..they're not that great. OVERATED

7. awc713

awc713 Member

Loled at the 2nd part.

If it does well, I think it'll be because of transplants. People from the east and west coast. Almost every born and raised Houstonian prefers Whataburger. So I'm not sure if it's a pride thing, but I just don't see locals keeping In-N-Out in business here.

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I guess a few locations would make it awhile similar to smashburger and 5 guys. I wasnt really impressed with the location in Mansfield.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It'll do well. Might be just because of transplants. Might be because people wanted to try something different. I've had both plenty (and I'm a Texan of 37 years). They're just different. I like In-n-Out just fine. I like the options at Whataburger better.

10. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

"OVER-RATED! clap-clap, clap-clap-clap"

Fries are awful, even if you ask for well done. Burgers, animal or otherwise, are hot and fresh with the best fast food buns you will come across. But on balance, Whataburger is better...except I've never experienced In-N-Out on the coast so I may not have the full picture. The ones in DFW are "meh" compared to the hype.

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Five Guys sucks.

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

^ I know random but still, they suck.

13. droxford

droxford Member

Whataburger *used* to be better, but over the past couple of decades, the big W has diminished in quality. In-n-out is a better product, hands-down.

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

youre gonna get these Texan folks upset

Whataburger is mad overratted tho

15. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I was just in Cali this past month and couldn't wait to go back, quality has gone down, I was very disappointed. It could have been a one off and it was packed as normal, maybe my expectations were to high, I remember it being so much better, especially the fries

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I just went for the first time a couple weeks ago. That place makes burgers that taste worse than McDonalds. I mean, really bad. How is it still in business? 5 bucks for a tiny little dried up burger. Whataburger is half the price and 10 times the quality.

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

**** In with the hype, out with the flavor. Those wanna-be Oklahomans up north can have that weak ass burger joint.

We need TX Burgers in Houston and everywhere else really. Serves Nolan Ryan beef and is legit. http://txburger.com

18. Cranberry_Juice

I love Whataburger, but damn they need to change their buns.It just takes away from the whole burger. That's why I only get the pattymelt.

19. awc713

awc713 Member

WhatA kind of depends on the location. I guess it's the same with most businesses, but some locations are spot on and others can be pretty meh.

20. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

In Dallas there are both. Hands down my wife and I go to Whataburger more often than In N Out. My wife does like In N Out, however I am not a fan.