1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Impeachment???

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by cml750, Nov 6, 2018.

?

Impeach Trump?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. cml750

cml750 Member

With control of the House do you want to see the Democrats impeach Trump even though it will not make it through the Senate? The poll is anonymous.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean, if investigations find an impeachable offense, sure.

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I want impeachment if evidence comes out that he's done something impeachable .

If the mueller report comes out and is damning then hell yes impeach him .

If he lies under oath ... the impeach him .

But nothing will come tomorrow. The dems won't even be seated until January.

Frankly , trump could do more damage or "good" in this next couple of months than he's done so far with the entirety of his term.

quikkag likes this.
  5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Not at this time. Can’t impeach him for being dumb.

Hakeemtheking and dachuda86 like this.
  6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think they should make him release his tax returns. There has to be some conflicts on interest there.

joshuaao, sammy and seemoreroyals like this.
  7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I'd vote for him to be drawn and quartered, if there were a referrendum for that.

jo mama likes this.
  8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I would like to see the dems focus on fixing their party and finding a more appealing candidate for a presidential run. I am afraid that an impeachment trial would only help Trump. This would turn into mud slinging and he is a champ at this. You have to rise above his tactics... not go down to his level. You will lose if you try to beat him at his game.

arkoe, Cold Hard, Dark Rhino and 7 others like this.
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No but I think tar and feather would be in the spirit of the founding fathers if you want to go that route...

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes. It's not our fault that Republicans have become morally ambiguous cowards with the exercise of absolute power. Enough is enough.

Spacemoth and quikkag like this.
  12. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Waste of time and resources.

dachuda86 and Downtown Sniper like this.
  13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Yeah that works also. Drawing and quartering is what the British used to do for people convicted of high treason. In thirty years we will learn not only of the long term implications of Trump being under the thumb of the Russians, but also of the legacy of his torrential destruction of all the unwritten rules of constitutional law. Democracy around the world has been irrevocably damaged. Before we were a beacon on a hill for struggles democracies having to contend with state media propaganda, voter suppression, and malignant electioneering. Now everyone knows that America is not special at all, it just takes a more dramatic effort to manipulate our democratic process, but it certainly can be done. All you need is an uneducated electorate getting all their information from a few sanctioned sources. All democracies fall: the Greeks knew this. America’s chances to be more than a drop in the bucket of history took a big hit in 2016.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Democracy, a waste of time and resources.

- Thomas Jefferson, 1775

JuanValdez likes this.
  15. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Impeachment with zero chance of actually ousting the President is a waste of time. I choose to focus time and resources on things that actually have a chance of making a difference.

To each their own.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I hope Melania and Baron are impeached too.

Rashmon likes this.
  17. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

I vote no. The only way I'd want the House to go for it, is if something so extraordinary happens that the Senate could convict. That would mean about 20 republican senators would be willing to end their careers over it, so... basically impossible.

If you drag the President through a long impeachment process he'll be perfectly comfortable in the mud, and relish the role of victim he so loves, and his base will become very motivated. It's not worth it, just to make a bunch of dem voters feel the illusion of our democracy working.

Svpernaut likes this.
  18. mick fry

mick fry Member

Screw it I say open up investigations against all them crooked mfers starting with Maxine. If you you are going to throw stones your ass better not live in a glass house.

Downtown Sniper and tycoonchip like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I think Mueller's investigation should continue. If (and its an important if) crimes that meet the bar of impeachable offenses arise, then and only then should impeachment be pursued. After all, if such crimes are committed and proven, then all Americans should want impeachment.

Of course, I suspect there will be many (trump defenders and other republicans) that will only think of maintaining power. After all, republicans elected two that were under indictment (Collins and Hunter).

Speaking of Mueller, I'd watch to see if trump try to rush some move against Mueller before the new congress takes office.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Impeachment where there is zero change of actually removing the president is such a dangerous waste. You'll galvanize support for him and add more fuel to the political fire that is raging.

Dark Rhino and Astrodome like this.