1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Impeach Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Enough is enough.

Experiment failed.

edwardc and TheRealist137 like this.
  2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

not possible, he hasn't done anything that is impeachable, at least none that can be proved.

3. mick fry

mick fry Member

Dude, Breathe!

justtxyank likes this.
  4. Anticope

Anticope Member

I remember the days during the election when I was prepared for Trump to pivot toward the middle/sanity. I miss those days...

justtxyank likes this.
  5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Day by day, the evidence is mounting.

Barring the media has to be some sort of violation got he first amendment.

6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, he hasn't done anything close to being impeachable.....and even if he did, like Clinton, it still wouldn't happen because partisanship.

amaru likes this.
  8. pirc1

I doubt it, there are thousands of news outlets around the world, I am sure they are not all invited to the white house, he could fill the room with Fox, Fox2, Breitbart, Breitbart2, Breitbart3, etc.

9. pirc1

You have that one right, no way I see him impeached short of video evidence of him talking to Putin about hacking DNC before the election.

juicystream and justtxyank like this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No news outlet has a right to be invited to the white house press briefing, it's a dickish thing to do, but the previous president froze out Fox News for the better part of 2 years before the rest of the news agencies got together and forced them to stop it. I imagine a similar thing will happen if the Trump administration keeps this kind of thing up.

cml750 and justtxyank like this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Actually the emoluments stuff is probably technically impeachable - not that it's practically/politically feasible at this time.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Give the media time to dig into Trump's perfidious activity during the election, and since. Trump treating the main media outlets like he's a petulant child will simply spur them on in their investigations. I happen to believe that there is plenty of damning evidence to find. The turning point will be when Trump's actions, past and present, prove so egregious that the Republican leadership in the House and Senate can no longer sit by and do nothing. Impeachment will begin to seem inevitable. Then it will come down to whether Trump stubbornly hangs on, or resigns, as Nixon did. In my humble opinion, of course.

dobro1229 likes this.
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You're dreaming. The media has lost so much credibility with the public that them reporting on corruption won't make much difference.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It'll matter with partisans though.

15. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

IMHO your opinions are far from humble, lol but.....

I think we may be better off with Trump than with the somewhat normal looking yet robotically right wing Christian dominionist nutjob Pence who could never have won on his own.

Robert Reich says at lunch an old ex GOP Congresman friend of his predicts that the Repubs will let Trump take all heat for doing all their wish list of unpopular stuff like more tax cuts for the rich, throwing millions off of health insurance, cutting Medicare, reducing the amount of social security checks etc then they will impeach him.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I actually don't know if we would be worse off with a religious wingnut. He has been doing everything they would have done anyway (re: choice, LGBT civil rights, planned parenthood, and will likely push for churches actively campaigning). What more would a Pence or Huckabee done. At least they would be acting on their religious convictions versus the fake orange face.

And Reich is dreaming... if Trump delivers all the rethuglicans want they won't try to get rid of him. There is always more crazy they can have him do...

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Impeach him, he is blatantly lying to the American people, is in cahoots with Russia, has asked the FBI to lie to the American people about his ties to Russia - and is attacking both the press and the courts undermining the entire Republic.

The man is a cancer. Impeach him already.

If Clinton can be impeached for "sexual relations", then just have Trump testify about Russia and he will commit perjury 50 times and you will have your reason.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  19. trustme

trustme Member

But if he goes, there's still Pence, Bannon, Miller, etc.

He's already set something very dangerous in motion.

20. TheresTheDagger

After 1 month?

I guess the idea of civil war is something you would enjoy. You think the country hates the establishment now? Try to imagine what the other half of the country would think and do if the president they elected was impeached 1 month in on innuendo and hatred.

Suck it up for 4 years and kick him out then if he's truly that bad or get ironclad evidence to impeach. Until then, get a grip.

Wattafan likes this.