1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm convinced...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JumpMan, Jan 6, 2006.

1. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That Yao is the ANCHOR of the team, 1B, not 2, T-Mac cannot do everything.

That a playoff spot is not a given anymore, it's not over, but it's probably going to come down to a photo finish.

That the JVG and CD combo is not the greatest GM combo of all time like we thought, me and you would have traded for T-Mac.

That Reafer Alston is a good PG, but Mike James is not a bad player, probably a punk though.

That a veteran or two is fine, but more than two is too big of an injury risk, not all young players are Stomile Swift like.

That Ryan Bowen is more myth than legend.

What are you convinced of?

2. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

ryan bowen for mvp

3. New Jack

New Jack Member

I'm thoroughly convinced right now that how the point guard position goes is how the team goes. Doesn't matter if Yao is out. Doesn't matter if Mcgrady is out. If one of those two are playing and we get good production out of our point guard position, we win. The team looked great last season when we got Sura. The offense looked beautiful against the Wizards and Cavs when Rafer played well. Really, the only 2 good games we've had all season.

There have been many games where Yao has played great and we lose. Many games where Mcgrady has played great and we lose. Games where our power forwards play great and we lose. But when our point guard is creating plays, distributing the ball, and aggressively making things happen on offense, we almost always win.

4. michellexiao

michellexiao Contributing Member

After watching PHX-MIA matchup, I am convinced by the importance of PG.

Without PG Wade and Williams, Shaq did not even have a shot attempt in the entire 1st qtr. I guess that explains why Yao sometimes just sleep-walking on the floor...

5. RareAir

RareAir Member

I'm convinced that the the rockets got totally jobbed in the Mike James trade.
    I'm convinced that the DA move has backfired, cause that p**s cant' stay healthy long enough to be effective.....
    I'm convinced that no amount of coaching is gonna bring Stro around....he just does not have the desire to be a winner.
    I'm convinced that this sucks......

6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Rafer is doing fine though, he makes the right play most of the time, seems like he's doing exactly what JVG wants him to do. Would have liked Sarunas a little bit more though.

This does suck, I've been holding out for as long as I could, but I'm close to joining the dark side, maybe it's not meant to be this season.

7. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

Have u checked in with a doctor lately?

8. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Did I sport a sacarsam meter in full swing ?

;)

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

The funny thing is that there was "universal" acclamation that the Rockets were for real coming into this season-- a Top Four seed in the West and all that Jazz... oops! :cool:

10. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

there's no way to put this other then this... we need both yao and tmac. it's been analysised over and over but everyone knows it deep down. even if our role players step up... we're nothing but a mediocre team without those two healthy at one time. you know it's true. no matter how you argue... there's no way around it. you can rationalize it all you want, but it's yao and tmac and "others'

11. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I'm thoroughly convinced that this team was designed to utilize both Yao's and TMac's skills, and that the team needs both to effectively function. When TMac was out, we struggled. Now Yao is out and we're struggling again.

That said, I still consider TMac the leader of the team.

12. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

3-6 is struggling (and that includes the baby game), 0-8 is atrocious.

13. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

tmac and yao can only score 50-60 pts max. its the others that are going to get us the win. people don't get that theory for some reason. look at the win in cleveland. why did cleveland lose? not cause lebron couldnt hit shots but his supporting cast couldnt buy a basket. one of the reasons detroit and spurs are goood is cause they got starting fives that can all score relatively high pts.

14. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

I am convinced that a team deserves a lottery pick when it lost two times to Toronto Raptors in one season.

15. Fijiman

Fijiman Contributing Member

Actually, I think its about equal. We lost by a handful of points to some very good teams while T-Mac was out. Although we have won three games without Yao, the level of competition is lower than with the games without T-Mac and we've managed to get blown out by some of the league's worst teams.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We will make the playoffs
    we will make some noise
    we will be pissed about some boneheadedness on the part of a player or a coach that cost us in the playoffs

Rocket River

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The 0-8 stretch was one of the toughest all season in terms of schedule strength. With Yao out, we lost to some pretty bad teams.

18. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

Oh please, T-Mac was basically the only one out for those 8 games. Moochie, Baxter and CBA players weren't on the floor then. Our roster wasn't depleted like it was when Yao went out. Deke missed the home Raptors game and road Nuggets game, so we had no center in those two blowouts. Even last night Juwan got himself ejected and we're down another starter on a back-to-back.

There was no excuse for 0-8. The Hornets weren't as good as they are now, the Heat were w/out Shaq, the Magic were w/out Grant Hill, Chicago is blah.

19. daRox

daRox Member

0-8 of close games with tough teams
    3-6 of tough wins and blown out losses

20. napalm

napalm Contributing Member

Most telling/Worst figure of them all:

3-14.