1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we strike out on Carmelo Anthony, is keeping Ryan Anderson really THAT bad???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Aug 24, 2017.

?

If we strike out on Carmelo Anthony, is keeping Ryan Anderson really THAT bad???

1. No, Ryan is about to show the world he's on J.R. Smith's level.

72.1%
  2. Yes, I've seen enough. I have grown to HATE Ryan Anderson.

27.9%
  1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

We all thought Carmelo would either be in New York or Houston. With the blockbuster Cleveland trade, we can't be so sure anymore.

If we strike out on Carmelo Anthony, is keeping Ryan Anderson really THAT bad? He shot 40% from 3 last year! I know he only shot 28% from 3 in the playoffs but with CP3 joining the team now, Ryan will get even MORE looks and even EASIER looks. Also, With CP3 teaching Harden how to have heart, I think keeping Ryan will be a good thing.

"Any potential trade would require for Carmelo Anthony to agree as he has a no trade clause. However, with LeBron James and potentially Dwyane Wade on the team, it is not hard to see Anthony agreeing to leave the horrid Knicks’ rebuild for the Cavaliers."

https://rotoden.com/2017/08/24/carmelo-anthony-cavs-kyrie-trade

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

The mavs are trying to get Carmelo?

3. val_modus

val_modus Member

If losing out on Melo means keeping Bobby Brown, then there is some ray of hope after all #DrewLeagueBobby

bulkatron likes this.
  4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Melo makes up better buy Ryno isn't bad.

Batman Jones likes this.
  5. Lunareste

Lunareste Member

I don't think it's a completely terrible thing, no. If Ryan Anderson gets hot or even shoots his average at home, we are an extremely dangerous team. He still creates a huge amount of gravity on the floor to open up space for James, and now for Chris.

6. JD88

JD88 Member

No, not at all.

Went nearly made it to the WCF (again) with him playing like complete dog ****...

And that was before we added a perennial all-star and several excellent role players.

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Why does it seem in the last 10 years this place has become common for typing information that you can't understand?

8. mightybosstone

Where did you see this? I haven't heard that anywhere.

9. Roc Paint

I just heard voices in my head from tinman, saying I should understand you because you're a 99'er

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Yeah, I haven't heard this anywhere either. @Pen15clubber must have some bad sources. Speaking of the Mavs though, they low key might be better set up for the future than us. :(

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Seriously: ask Rino. Only he knows for sure if it would be a bad outcome.

Q: who sez 'NO': Rino/CC - - Love/Frye (Bet Gilbert would say 'YES'; would DM the GM & his BB people???)

13. mightybosstone

Why is it that every poll on Clutchfans has to be so polarizing? Like, I'm fine with keeping Ryno if they don't get Melo, but I don't agree with either answer in the poll. I don't hate Ryno, but I also think he's a terrible comparison to JR Smith. In terms of his importance to the team and his skillset in the league, I'd say he's already better than Smith.

Bottom line, I'm fine with Ryno staying in Houston. His floor spacing at the 4 is truly elite, as he's probably the best pure stretch 4 in the league. But I also think he hasn't remotely earned his contract, and I want to see him produce better at home and in the postseason. And if there's an opportunity to add a third star-caliber player, I'd move him in a heartbeat, because he's never going to be that guy.

14. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

just look who the OP is

majicdonjuan, Reeko and onreego like this.
  16. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Sup?

onreego likes this.
  17. mightybosstone

Yeah, I'm going to agree to disagree on that one. Dirk is about to be gone soon, and I can't imagine Carlisle wanting to stick around for a rebuilding team forever. Matthews is done; Barnes got overpaid for what he is: a competent No. 3 option that can't be a cornerstone franchise player; and Noel is going to have to be overpaid if they want to keep him. Their sole hope for superstardom is Dennis Smith, and his ceiling just doesn't seem anywhere near Harden's level. Throw on top of that the fact that the Mavs have struck out on probably a dozen free agent stars over the last 3-4 years, and I don't see an easy path for them to contend anytime soon. Meanwhile the Rockets have probably a top 5 player in the entire league locked in for the next six years.

Cash Cam likes this.
  18. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

No. Anderson is somewhat overpaid because of the year in which he went on the market. That's the only real problem with him.

Rocket River and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. Roc Paint

Tell me? I'm pissed that I even posted in this horrible thread.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No, I want Melo for the wildcard chance that he is Olympic Melo which gives us a wild shot at beating the Warriors.

Melo is the risk that could push us over the top.

Tfor3, swyyyguy and Mr. Dominant like this.