1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Rockets fall to #4 seed, does Harden still deserve MVP?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dash, Mar 8, 2017.

?

If Rockets fall to #4 seed, does Harden still deserve MVP?

1. Yes

17.0%
  2. No

81.1%
  3. Only if 4th best overall record in NBA

1.9%
  1. Dash

Dash Member

Imo if Rockets fall to #4 seed and since Spurs have a pretty good chance of getting #1 seed, I would sway my vote for Kawhi to get MVP. what do ya'll think?

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's looking like he won't win it to begin with. A drop to the 4 seed guarantees he won't.

#2 J Sizzle, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    Puss In Booty likes this.
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Historically, to win MVP you need to be on a great team that is one of the top contenders, or you need to have an individual season that far surpasses anyone else.

If Houston drops to a four seed, it's hard to make a solid case for Harden.

4. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Every game the Rockets lose, Harden's MVP hopes gain another thread

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

He was never going to get it.
    Russ was/is getting it with the triple-double (and nothing else mattered for him/OKC)
    Kawhi & LeBron & Durant were/are getting it as the best teams.

3 seed, 4 seed, 5 seed, 6 seed, 7 seed, doesn't matter. Sun will rise tomorrow.

Puss In Booty likes this.
  6. threepointshot3

But a seventh seed Westi can? Oh please.. As for Kawhi his team came down from 30 tonight to win without him and LMA. Spurs are deep as anyone. Give Harden LMA, Gasol, Mills, Gino Simmons and Pop and watch him challenge the warriors. Harden already took a depleted injury riddled team to the second seed in 14-15 season..

#6 threepointshot3, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    BigMaloe, HTX Ninja, riko and 2 others like this.
  7. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Regardless of MVP reasons, the team really needs to get back on track and string a number of wins to cement themselves for a strong playoff push. The way the overall team plays from here on out will either paint a good or bad picture for the MVP campaign.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden and the Rockets are the 3 seed and he won't get the MVP.

HELL NO he won't get it if he's the 4th seed. He might be in danger of falling out of first team All-NBA.

split41 and J.R. like this.
  9. CCorn

CCorn Member

He's not my favorite right now, and I'm a fan. Team hasn't been fun to watch the past 10 or so games

Rocketeer4Life likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden is playing so well he has made everyone forget where the Rockets were picked to finish to begin with... amazing turn of events.

11. riko

riko Member

You really are a terrible troll bro.... falling out of al 1`st team? hahaha

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You think I'm trolling!? It's funny looking at that in print, but I'm dead serious.

13. riko

riko Member

Proves you are a fool bro....So a guy averaging a league leading 11 assists, 29 points 8 boards while carrying his team to the 4trh seed(which wont happen as rockets will finish 3rd) wont make the all 1st nba team? hahahaha fool

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden didn't make one All-NBA team last year putting up amazing numbers.. you think they wouldn't give him more disrespect this year? It's a possibility

and , that's twice you called me a name for simply giving my opinion. You wouldn't like it if I called you a b**** unsolicited, would you?

slothy420 and J.R. like this.
  15. riko

riko Member

You idiot, they finished 8th last season with a 41-41 in loss record and had a terrible season. So if they even finish 4th and get 55 wins which is a possibility you don't think that is not a big enough jump to warrant him being 1st team? The Rockets are the most improved team by a large margin this season so you dont think those things will get noticed? Even the biggest Harden hater cant deny he has been the best PG all season and not have him all 1st nba team. Are you one of those under cover haters who likes to troll?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Hey, doofus. I'm typing worlds like "might" and "possibility". Do you not know what those words mean?

17. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Absolutely not.

18. riko

riko Member

Stop backtracking bro...You tried to say something outlandish and now are stuck in you'r own mess. Harden is pretty much a lock for all nba 1st team even if the rockets finish 4th or even 5th or dose not get the MVP. There is no might involved here

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Nobody is back tracking you don't know how to read. Go to bed, dunce cap.

20. riko

riko Member

You fool. There is no might here. He WONT get knocked out of all 1st team. He has done way to much to be bumped off at this point of the season. Why is that so hard to understand? Barring the Rockets falling to 7th or 8th seed, Harden has wrapped up the 1st all nba team.Do you understand how dumb what you said sounds? If the Rockets finished 4th instead of 3rd he MIGHT get knocked out the 1st all nba team? hahahaha