1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If healthy can the Rockets win a 7-game series with the Warriors as currently constructed?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jan 30, 2018.

?

Can we beat GS in 7-game series as currently constructed?

1. Yes, definitely

2. Probably yes

3. Probably no

4. Definitely no

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. basketballholic

If not, what do they need?

Discuss.

Houstunna likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Maybe? It is really hard to say because I don't think that we have seen the best of the Warriors this season. At this point the Warriors are very sloppy with the basketball. If that continues, then the Rockets have a legitimate chance of forcing a game 7 and possibly winning.

Ideally the Rockets would be able to move Anderson and/or get a valuable 4 that can defend against Draymond Green and hit open shots. That isn't likely to happen.

With that in mind I think the Rockets need another big that can play minutes inside and secondarily, a third string point guard that can protect the ball and knows how to play.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

INB4 this turns into a lecture about why we need to replace Capela.

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

They can. We are most definitely not favoured to win but you can’t say it’s impossible. I don’t see how we can improve the roster via trades so we just have to hope for good health and maybe add one more big man through a buyout and hope for the best.

We are definitely set with the wings. We could use a back up guard for health concerns and rest but come playoff time if our whole squad is healthy you don’t need more than a Harden/Paul/Gordon back court rotation. Still hoping for that back-up PF, small ball Center.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Probably, but they need more consistent rim protection and a power forward who isn't in his own head.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

at full strength and everyone healthy, this team is more than capable of beating GS. All the pieces are there. sure we can say we could do a minor tweak here and there and believe it makes hou a better team. however, that likely isn't the difference between a championship or not. The Lebron possibility is obviously a different topic on its own. but since were assuming all healthy, this team has shown that when both sides of the ball are clicking as well, they can beat anyone including GS.

There does come a time when it just comes down to actual execution. And the excuses just aren't good enough

Lawlruschang likes this.
  7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if they make every single shot including full cout hail marys then yes

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Or Rubio

Remlap likes this.
  9. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

As long as we are all healthy, I don’t see why not. We struggle against big teams not teams that are built like we are.

All these damn injuries sure doesn’t help when it comes to rest...I am more concerned with the team already playing tired and it’s not even the All star break.

Need to get some blow outs, this next week will be tough. Suns game would have been a great one to rest guys, but our defense decided to throw up in the 4th.

Lawlruschang and mathor like this.
  10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Looking for the possibly yes but possibly no option.

Inb4 capela sucks at defense

justtxyank likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I would've say yes if we would've add Millsap after CP3, but as today i say no unfortunately.

Deuce likes this.
  12. mightybosstone

Sure, they can. They're a damn good basketball team and anything is possible in the NBA playoffs. But is it likely? No.

The Rockets match up with the Warriors better than any team in the league, and they'd give Golden State as much of a tough series as any other squad. But they won't be favored in the series as constructed. Barring a third superstar getting dealt to Houston by the trade deadline, there's really nothing they could do to really be on equal footing as Golden State on paper.

13. Artestsuckskobe

I think a trade of ryno and Ariza for a pf that can shoot and rebound... kevin love? Sign bogus after that... Or Capela and Ariza for DeAndre and Lou but a third team involved for a solid shooting of. Luc green and tucker makes a declining body of Ariza imo although his shooting are getting better...
    If anything goes through ryno must go unless he grows some balls

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

We will never win a championship as long as James "Pistol Pete" Harden is our primary playmaker and refuses to accept a primary playmaker who is a more efficient and creative playmaker than he is.

15. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Can they? Yes

Will they? Probably not. They have too many inconsistencies and holes. Not getting enough production from the PF position. Too much inconsistency from the backup centers. And now that Chris Paul is injured again, no capable backup point guard (and no, Gordon is not a point guard).

16. TheresTheDagger

I honestly don't know. But since I can't choose that option, I chose to be pessimistic and say probably not.

I think our biggest weakness honestly is RELIABLE 3 point shooting. We've seen Anderson, Tucker, Luc, Gordon and even Ariza and Harden struggle to hit at times.

Can't hit 3s? Can't beat GSW.

17. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I say yes. It's clearly obvious with Capela in the middle, we give Goldenstate Fits,

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yule-C

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

No. They are loaded, battletested, and have 2 years of chemistry, 4 if you count prior to Durant getting there. They won 73 games and added the MVP. Do you see this current rockets team ever getting close to winning 73? That's how big of a difference there is.

FanSince93 likes this.
  20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Can the Rockets beat the Warriors, if healthy?

No

What do they need?

Yep...you guessed it...Nerlens Noel