1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I think I know where Tha_Dude went

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by heypartner, Oct 20, 2017.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Drones bearing piping hot burritos are about to start swooping down on the Australian countryside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alphabet drones will drop burritos into people's yards in Australia

Drones bearing piping hot burritos are about to start swooping down on the Australian countryside.

At least, that's the plan for Google affiliate Project Wing, which on Tuesday announced new tests of its drone delivery service with two Australian businesses, a Mexican taqueria chain and a drugstore company.

It's not the first time the Project Wing team has used drones to send people burritos. It did that last year with Chipotle at Virginia Tech University, but that was "in an open field, not to a specific address or location," said James Ryan Burgess, one of Project Wing's managers.

Related: Domino's delivers pizza by drone in New Zealand

The Australian tests are taking place in a rural community near Canberra, the national capital, where residents "face a 40-minute round trip in the car for almost anything, whether it's a carton of milk, veggies for dinner, or a cup of coffee," Burgess said in a company blog post.

Flying goods right into their yards is a great deal more complicated than navigating a field at Virginia Tech.

"With each delivery, we encounter a new yard space with its own layout of trees, sheds, fences, and power lines," Burgess wrote.

The issues range from programming the devices to maneuver safely around obstacles like parked cars or outdoor furniture to following customers' wishes to set down perishable food items close to their kitchens.

....more in article

2. theimpossibles1

Not trying to threadjack here but I didn't know where to ask...

Does anyone know of a site/app that will let me post/share IMG links from my android phone?

I have tried photobucket, tinypic, imgur and no luck. Will like for working recommendation.

Sorry HP, carry on!

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I don't think it's strong enough to deliver a super California burrito.

Another thing, you already know who fainted I don't want to say no names.

4. heypartner

The way you word this makes the answer the same as posting images from your desktop: The answer is that it is not possible.

You first must upload the image to a host, and the host will give you the URL to post/share with IMG links.

I don't know how the tinypic, imgur, etc android apps work, but I have to believe they pop-up as options when you click Share Photo in your photo albums. Then the phone uploads to their site, and you just need to get the Link from them. I know Facebook works that way. On iPhone I can go to my photos and select one to share, then Facebook comes up as a method of sharing, along with email and text message. If I click the FB icon, it will upload the image to my Facebook albums. From there I have my default iPhone album on FB set to private. But I can still get a URL from FB and insert it here.

That is a clumsy solution, and I'm sure imgur/photobucket/etc apps probably have a better solution. But none of them can allow you to upload from your phone to Clutchfans, as Clutch has image uploads turned off. Nor can any app create a URL to your phone's albums...any more than you can to your computer desktop (unless you have a webserver on your desktop..lulz).

hope that helps -- also, there might be longer discussion in the Feedback forum

Yung-T and theimpossibles1 like this.
  5. theimpossibles1

Yea i'm trying to do it lie i would on desktop thru imgur etc. i just can't for the life of me figure out how to do it with any of those sites. Imgur works fine on my PC but on phone I cant figure it out. I dont use FB so thats not an option for me.

6. heypartner

I think what you really want is one-click ability to share a photo from your Android albums using an app, and then the app presents you with a URL to copy and share....all in the same interface. Gotta be a millennial around here who knows of such an app.

If not, can you upload you photos to any of those sites? If so, it's just a matter of finding the URL. You can probably google search how to find the photo's URL for any of those sites.

It's easy in iPhone. If I see any image that I want to share, from within Apple's browser (Safari) I just hold down my finger on the image and click (Copy). The Copy action places the URL on Safari's clipboard. From there I come to cfnet (again in Safari), and use the IMG button above, the put my cursor in the URL field and Safari will offer me to Paste. It will Paste whatever is on the Safari's clipboard, which is the URL from the previous Copy Action.

I'm willing to bet Chrome on Android has a similar very simple way to grab the URL of any image from within the browser. So, seems like you could first share using IMGUR's app, then using Chrome go to your imgur album have Chrome grab the URL. You're going to be in Chrome anyhow, since you are posting at cfnet.

make sense?

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  7. theimpossibles1

So I finally figured out how to upload to imgur but now i cant figure out how to get the img link. Im so frustrated.

Edit: after much frustration and tinkering i figured it out. Should be so much simpler but c'est la vie

#7 theimpossibles1, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  8. heypartner

Just to be certain: the upload part of the process should be an absolute snap. You don't open the imgur app then use it to find your photos; it's the other way around. You go to your photo albums, click a photo, then Android will have a Share button. Click the Share button for the photo and Android will give you a list of apps to share with ... imgur's icon should be one of the options....along with email, text, flicker, twitter, FB, etc.

That part should be easy, so it sounds like you are doing it some hard way.

The only frustrating part should be finding the URL at imgur.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  9. theimpossibles1

No, I was doing it as you described, I figured out I had to grant access to imgur.

heypartner likes this.
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

now that brehs know how to post pics, can we turn this into burrito food pr0n thread pls?

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We went back to the Future!

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. likestohypeguy

Unless there's some pretty hard core insulation going on there (like a case so expensive you'd have to return it), I seriously doubt they're still "piping" hot.

Something better than a pizza delivery sleeve.

13. heypartner

Australia is "piping" hot, mate.

14. body slam

body slam Member

I figured he would be at a topless bowling ally, eating wings, and watching the Astros.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

But can they club sandwich bro?

Os Trigonum likes this.
  16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Did @Tha_Dude go to jail for transporting bongs like Tommy Chong? I'm still sad he's gone.

Sorry to hijack the thread back.

17. heypartner

I thought the thread was about Google burrito drones. :)

18. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

@Tha_Dude should be here to celebrate astros with us :(

Pen15clubber likes this.
  19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

With the thread title I still don't know. You could explain it to me and I'd still be confused. So I've chosen to embrace the confusion.