1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE THIS SITE

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by duluth111222, Mar 17, 2018.

1. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

This amazon pop up is getting ridiculous as of late. I opened the “Lillard still has a pet peeve” thread and clicked the video and tried to listen to what Lillard had to say. But two seconds later the Amazon ads pops up and interrupts the video. I open a new page, come to the thread, click the video again. The ads pops up again. I tried at least four times. Same **** happened every time.

Seriously? I can’t even watch a YouTube video on this site now?

Supposedly if I pay some monthly fee the ads would go away. But it is supposed to be a voluntary thing. But the way the ads pop up left and right, we may be FORCED to pay. I can afford the money, just don’t appreciate something shoved down my throat.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I only have the amazon issue on my phone. Also, I don't think the pop-ups have any relation to paying etc. This site was run for free for many years and the reason people choose to contribute is because they really appreciate it---you're definitely in the wrong there.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  3. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I donated twice to the tip jar before. For whatever reason they didn’t change my title to Contributing Member. I just didn’t bother.

I only use my phone to access this site. So now you’re telling me even if I pay the monthly fee I’d still have the same issue? LOL. Now my rant is more justified.

4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

It’s not the site it’s your phone.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If every non-paying member has the same issue as yours, you may have a point. Even then, it could just be some unintended glitches that Clutch could fix.

You are jumping to conclusion too quickly. Anyway, if you hate this site so much, then it's really your choice whether you want to come in again.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

this doesnt make any sense. I never had issues like that ever. Did you have a p*rn hub tab open?

8. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

You are the lucky one then. See the post above from Young-T.

I can live with it if it’s just couple of times a day. But it’s getting crazy lately.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Then leave....you're actually accusing @Clutch of using pop ups to force people to pay? If you think so little of him perhaps you should just leave. How petty of you to think he would do that.

10. GIGO

GIGO Member

No ads have ever popped up on my phone, pad, or pc both before and after I decided to voluntarily pay my membership fee. Even after becoming a supporting member, I often visit this board to read stuff without logging in and still no ads pop up. Don't see the op's point.

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

@duluth111222 --

If you contributed in the past, contact me. I searched and don't see any of the past contributions with your username on it or from your email. I've missed people before but I just don't see yours. Let me know the details (Paypal keeps all records) and I'll fix it.

Pop ups and redirects are not something I want or set to allow on the site. Some have complained that they run into them on a mobile device occasionally. I don't see them and haven't seen them -- I think I've been redirected off the site by an ad maybe a handful of times in the last several years (I've had it happen at ESPN as well). I'm not saying you're crazy, it's just very difficult for me to find and fix something I can't see or duplicate.

I've posted this before and I need to follow through on it ... if enough users who say they get these popups or redirects can agree to help out, maybe we can try to find what is causing the problem they're having.

As for the claim I'm trying to run some racket, please give me one good reason why I would intentionally make the user experience difficult. The number of users that post here pales in comparison to the number of "guests" who read the forum. If they have a bad user experience, they're not coming back. I don't want anything to redirect you against your will off the site -- that goes for anyone who uses the site. The supporting members perks are simply thank yous for those who support the site. You should at least think this ridiculous claim all the way through.

As for hating the site, then just move on. Nothing is keeping you here.

BigMaloe, Plowman, Rashmon and 13 others like this.
  12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

“You’re a winner!” Amazon pop ups on my mobile happen almost daily. I’m unable to get past it and have to close the tab and hope it doesn’t happen when I try again.

Chalked it up to a nuisance I’ll put up with but Op is definitely not alone.

13. tmoney1101

It only happens to me on my phone while using safari or FB. I got a new phone yesterday and it hasnt happened yet. I think it’s malware on your phone.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

@duluth111222 the customer is always right unless you're on cf

15. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Malware that only affects us when trying to visit the bbs?

This isn’t how it works. This isn’t how any of this works!

Nook, TheresTheDagger, TMac'n and 4 others like this.
  16. bobrek

So...you agree with his contention that Clutch is forcing pop ups on non supporting members? You sure do hang around this site a lot for someone who complains about it.

17. bobrek

I’ve had that pop up on regular, world wide web sites.

18. tmoney1101

Yeah I really don’t know what I’m talking about but I do know that I get the pop up on here, espn, and Facebook while using the app. I still haven’t seen it on the new phone so I don’t know.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i don't know how many times i have to say to you and the other thickheaded fools that i love this site. i'm a 99 lurker and a contributing member but i have enough awareness to realize it's **** now compared to what it used to be. **** posters, **** threads, **** subs, etc... at this point it's like any other troll board or site out there. if that's what this site wants to be then go for it but because i'm a long timer and i do love it, i say my piece. the problem is that damn near everyone else is too myopic to be honest about the current state. I mean just look at the responses to OP. Yea sure his post was very strong but they love the rockets and are frustrated from their experience. So what does cf do, blame him, mock him, tell him to leave, etc... some community.

20. bobrek

So are you agreeing with his contention that Clutch is forcing pop ups on non supporting members?