1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have a bitter taste in my mouth [harden, lebron--all these guys]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Oct 14, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Or he does not get fired but has to live with the consequences as no major players want to get traded here.

2. Possum

Possum Member

I’m fine with harden. He’s not out to be heard. LeBron on the other hand is a giant POS ignorant loudmouth who needs to STFU. He’s now proven he’s nothing more than a greedy ignorant hypocrite.

3. malakas

malakas Member

No he will get fired.
    Don't underestimate the power that Lebron has in this league.
    Lebron outright campaigned for his punishment to Silver. Since it was the Nets players as well involved, it is a possibillity that other superstars like KD and Kyrie joined him.

At this point, when the players stand against you and call for your head you are done.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL you act like the org didnt prep Harden on what he waa gonna say and Morey lost sleep over that stop being a diva

And now Moreys apology non apology is better? Lol

5. malakas

malakas Member

Diva? Because Harden had no right to speak for someone else's principles, morals and political views?
    It's not like Morey didn't have an option to say "I'm sorry China". He did NOT do that.

Harden had no idea what he was saying, but it was very disrespectful.

It's exactly what happens in dictatorships when the family and coworkers have to publicly apologise if a person refuses to.
    Like what happens with Enes Kanter parents who even had to disown their own son so they can remain out of prison.

Harden got backlash for that and he deserved it. He should have known better than that.

JeffB and payaso like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was probably wishful thinking but I do wish Lebron and other superstars are just leaving at these comments and not go further and beyond it.

They have the right to comment on losing money as well.

7. Possum

Possum Member

Lol yeah the conservative media planned this whole thing. The narrative created by the hypocrisy of the players themselves. If you want to be a SJW you better be ready stand your ground regardless of personal loss. If not you’re willing to suffer personal loss for your beliefs then you’re words are meaningless, You’re a fake and you should keep your mouth shut. Nothing you do outside that changes that fact.

slothy420 likes this.
  8. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

So basically...."shut up and dribble"???

Roc Paint likes this.
  9. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

He's a fake because that's the way you guys have decided to spin this. A fake doesn't put his time and money where his mouth is. If he was all talk he wouldn't back up his words with the extraordinary things that he has done with his foundation.

Now the other side who choose to ignore abuses done to their own citizens but all of sudden pretend to "woke" and caring about the people being held in concentration camps in China are the real phonies.

If we use your logic, then Morey should resign. He never spoke out against gun violence or police brutality here in the US, so he has no right to open his mouth about the abuses in China or freedom for the people of HK. He is a fake. Nothing else he has said or done outside of this issue matters. Does that make any sense? Is Morey a fake? Or are you going to go back and play the "false equivalency" card?

The politicians who remained silent after the Parkland shooting, or any other mass shootings (Rubio,Cruz, Trump heck the entire party), because they didn't want to lose funding from the NRA but now have the nerve to accuse the NBA of bowing down for money are the text book definition of hypocrites. Or is this more "false equivalence"? I could literally give hundreds of examples. Are they fakes?

I wont even get started on the bending over being done for Putin. The hypocrisy is deep.

The conservative media may not have planned this, but they sure knew how to take advantage of the situation. Lebron, Kerr and Pop are the 3 names being thrown around by conservatives for a reason. That part of is strategic. The common theme that i keep reading is "now he can never say anything again about SJ issues". That's the real point of this whole thing. It has nothing to do with what is going on in China. They are playing 3D chess and doing a heck of a job at it. This may actually work.

I just wish you guys could be honest with yourselves. If Lebron had sided with the "blue" and not the "black", we wouldn't even be discussing this.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Lots of people will be a sellout when the price is right.

That's the truth.

However, there are other better options even you will be a sellout, like you can just keep your mouth shut or better yet,

you can dance.

"When you come close to sellin' out, reconsider, and you can always dance"

Mathloom likes this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden was trying diffuse the situation and move on
    While LeBron clearly is protecting his money

vlaurelio likes this.
  12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

13. malakas

malakas Member

That would be all nice and good IF Lebron didn't actually profiteered from being a SJW.

He has made millions in Nike Campaigns potraying himself as standing up for freedoms.

Now he showed that it was all fake and hypocritical, and we shouldn't talk about it?

slothy420 likes this.
  14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The conservative media has nothing to do with “SJW’s” only caring about issues that impact themselves. They’ve always been that way, and people who don’t realize that already discount any media that doesn’t have a left leaning bias.

I mean, what are you even saying? That the news shouldn’t cover human rights issues in other countries because minorities aren’t well versed in what actually being oppressed means? That’s ridiculous.

15. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

When has the conservative media ever gave a damn about human rights in any part of the world? Where were they after Katrina? Where are they when kids are being slaughtered AT SCHOOL. They really cover whats happening in Saudi Arabia huh? Puerto Rico, Iraq, the Congo ect, the conservative media makes a point of covering up these issues to satisfy the base and to protect the business interests of dirty politicians and businessman who they are in bed with. These are some of the most cold hearted people on earth.

So yes cover the human rights abuses. Start in your own country. If you only fake outrage when you have an easy target like LBJ, but stay silent on every other human rights issue going back to pre-civil rights then no you have no right to bashing anyone now. If you deflect from police brutality in the US by repeating Chicago over and over like a bunch of freaking zombies, then you have lost the moral authority to criticize anyone else who takes interest in real activism.

That's what i am saying. I hope i cleared it up.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

agree with @BaselineFade that there’s a lot of hypocrites out here running their mouth

Now everyone is a newly born activist posting outrage on social media. Will they actually do anything of substance to help the people of Hong Kong? No.

BaselineFade likes this.
  17. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Conservatives vowed to never buy any of his apparel after he spoke out about the Travon Martin case. He could have been like MJ and kept quiet to protect his bottom line. He didn't. He risked losing everyone(profit) and still stuck his neck out knowing that right leaning fans would never forgive him for it. So he has stepped out against main stream popular thinking, and potentially cost himself God only knows how much money for the "cause".

Let's stick to the facts now, not the cable news narrative.

Remember that Republicans/conservatives buy sneakers too. But Lebron didn't give a damn.

18. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I disagree with this. I don't believe he was fake. I do believe if had just said hey wish you had waited a week to tweet this while they were there I don't see this as a problem. But he brought up money. Especially coming from him with his social commentary on equality and outspoken personality when it comes to events and politics that I respect due it hurting him for the broad appeal that not alot of people would do in his situation. Very commendable. This was a clear misstep bringing up the fact that he didn't know much on the situation then immediately say Morey was uneducated on the situation.

Politicans get heat all the time for being hypocritical about issues that don't include their backers and lobbyists groups that help them.

Your assumption that he would be ok if he was pro police doesn't hold water when he is being criticized by both sides of the political spectrum.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I remember the days after Harvey as well. Houston fans outraged he didn't respond until like 48 hours later.

20. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member