1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I can't wait for the Hack A Rondo vs Hack a Smith, Howard, Capela, Dorsey Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RHU525, Apr 16, 2015.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I fully expect to see an NBA record this playoff series with the number of frees being shot in a game.

Only to set us up for a round 2 Hack a Deandre Jordan vs Smith, Howard, Capela, Dorsey.

Gonna be an entertaining two rounds!

The max number of fouls in a game while still having 5 players is 67. Factor in a couple non shooting fouls to get into bonus.

We could see anywhere from 110 - 134 free throw attempts by a single player!!! Wilt's Record is about to fall to Joey Dorsey!

2. SemisolidSnake

This is why you rain down fire and brimstone on them from the very start, build a substantial lead, KEEP IT, and put them in a position where they can't afford to give up potentially 1 point per possession. If the Rockets put on their business suits and go to work like they did yesterday, they'll murder the Mavs.

3. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I've notice that whenever Josh and Dwight drop their guide (left) hand when shooting a free throw they miss badly. Josh is very good at using his guide hand when shooting 3's, but is almost 1 handed when shooting a free throw. Same for D12 and shooting extremely hard on the 1st free throw.

4. HTM

HTM Member

Well, there will be some limitations to it.

You don't want to start it too early because you will get your starters in foul trouble and you don't want to compromise your offense too much by playing scrubs heavy minutes just to use up their fouls.

5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You are right but if both teams do it, the game will never end because the clock will never be running. So it does not really matter when they start. They can foul 67 times in the fourth quarter alone.

6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I hope you're being sarcastic but I fear you're not!

Hack-a-whoever/whichever team is so unwatchable.

Also it's a failed strategy if the person at the line can make 46-47% of their FT.

Rondo is a career poor FT shooter, but not sub 46%. Maybe this year alone, but historically Rondo is a guy who steps up in the playoffs. His 5 years of playoff game stats has him as 65%.

Hacking disrupts Harden getting into a rhythm. Just play basketball the way that got us here: Good D, get the rebound, fastbreak. If transition D stops the easy fastbreak bucket, pull it back and go to work.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I hope all our bigs are in the gym this very minute working on their free throws. they need to practice them until their arms fall off.

8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Of course I am being sarcastic. No one likes watching that type of basketball. I saw a stat that Rondo as a Mav is shooting 26% from the FT line.... Yikes.....

But I am all for the strategy if both teams implement it at the same time so the NBA will be forced to change the rules!

9. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

Rondo FT percentages last two months.

March: 75% - 6/8 Total
    April: 67% - 6/9 Total

January: 11% - 1/9 Total
    February: 33% - 2/6 Total

He doesn't shoot many free throws at all, nor does he get hacked.. i wonder why coaches don't hack him.

10. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

This as intriguing strategy. Let me see if I follow. What you are proposing is, that the Rockets employ a strategy where they score substantially more points than their opponent early on, then maintain that significant point advantage for the entirety of game?

This is good stuff. I hope no one else comes up with this idea.

11. RESINator

RESINator Member

Kevin doesn't have the balls. Don't make me laugh.

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Clippers and Spurs series are going to be long...and west coast time zone... good luck San Antone