1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"I been killing his kind longer than you been alive" (Friendswood,TX)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Have you been hunting minorities?

2. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Yes, racism is innate. Or rather, being afraid of differences is innate. It's a survival technique that if you are walking through the woods and you see some animal/plant that looks very different than anything you've seen before, you will be naturally cautious of it. Your inclination isn't naturally to run up to it and/or eat it. Perhaps stand back and observe it but you most certainly will notice it, take stock and determine if it's a threat. It's called survival. Our brain is literally hard wired to see differences.

All that said, we no longer live in the woods/plains. We know how to fight our tribal urges (many of us do anyway).

So in short, racism isn't learned, it's unlearned. It's what many of our parents/society teach us from childhood. Every society on earth, past and present, has a variation of "the golden rule". If racism were learned, why would that be? Societies only work when we stop trying to kill each other, and unfortunately, humanity hasn't figured that one out yet.

okay, now go back to your normal day and try not to act like a cave man. Thanks.

Jontro likes this.
  3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

My question was aimed at the claim that Austin of all places in Texas is the most racist, because of some perceived fake tolerance. That claim doesn’t hold water in my eyes.

East Texas comes to mind, Vidor and Jasper specifically. There they don’t pretend to be accepting or tolerant.

Major and Nook like this.
  4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Physical descriptions and he's from Friendswood.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

True, I am white. Story checks out.

Let me tell ya'll a lil' somethin'....

My killer charm and slaying good wit don't discriminate when I put the ladies on a hit
    I assassinate that ass no matter the color, so @cheke64 was man enough to send over his mother
    Smothered her with lovin', liquidated her with with my poison
    She said oh stop stop I'm finished, I gave a little laugh, still undiminished
    She was wiped out, eradicated, that's true, and if you talk that smack the momma will be from you

[​IMG]

#45 Xerobull, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    Nook likes this.
  6. TheresTheDagger

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You mean being as vocal and unashamed .. . . probably
    but
    Alot have the attitude but are quiet and simply don't let it show

Rocket River

8. Buck Turgidson

Yes. Great song.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

More white people embarrassing us all.

DD

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i think what you're trying to say is stereotypes are a natural defense mechanism rather than racism. I feel racism is a learned perception of those stereotypes. Everyone has stereotypes they are conscious of. You either recognize them as such or you embrace them. The latter, when reinforced (learned), become racist tendencies.

11. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Whites have been moving farther away from the city for 30 plus years now and the ones that do usually are the most racist pieces of **** you can find.

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Stupid post is stupid.

Astrodome and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. krosfyah

Yea, not the best post albeit a shred of truth in there somewhere. "White flight" has been happening in America for literally hundreds of years. One of the earliest examples in America happened in New York City when trains started being built that allowed the "wealthy" to move out of the inner city. In that instance, the predominate "minority" was actually the Irish immigrants. So more of a class thing rather than a racial thing.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  14. krosfyah

I suppose. There is a fine line between stereotypes and racism. Ask 100 people where that line is and you'd get 100 different interpretations.

Sajan likes this.
  15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

If you mean more plain old assholes embarrassing us as Americans and Texans, I agree.

16. Roscoe Arbuckle

Bullshit. Honestly, your post is pretty racist.