1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"I been killing his kind longer than you been alive" (Friendswood,TX)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Apr 18, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Stumbled on this and was surprised to see this from our neck of the woods. Hopefully we don't have too many of these idiots...

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/man...the-definitely-came-pick-fight-104650567.html
    'I been killing his kind': Man arrested for racist rant caught on video towards 'Arab' AT&T employee

• [​IMG]
    A customer inside an AT&T store in Texas went on a racist rant on Tuesday against an employee, calling him “a f***ing Arab” and bragging about “killing his kind” — all while a fellow customer filmed the scene, called the police and had the man arrested.

Want daily pop culture news delivered to your inbox? for Yahoo’s newsletter.

Viral video of the violent outburst begins as the customer — identified on Twitter as Joey Christian of Friendswood, a town southeast of Houston — grows impatient with the employee, known only as Mo.

[​IMG]

6 tools to help combat racism
    In a turbulent political climate, the tense energy of the country can be felt throughout homes, businesses and communities. As more discussions surrounding volatile situations are sparked, people are more aware of acts of racism than they were before. Courtney Geter, a psychologist based in Georgia, says people see or experience racism on a daily basis. However, they might not always be aware that racism is occurring, or they may be engaging in it — whether intentionally or not. But with the right approach, there are meaningful ways to make a difference. Experts recommend several ways of starting now.

“What’s your name? Mo? What the f*** kind of name is that?” Christian asks the employee, before insisting he disclose his “actual real name,” to which Mo replies, “Mohammed.”

The employee’s response sends Christian into a rage, as he calls out, “God d*** f***ing Arabs” and storms off toward the door. That’s when the woman filming the altercation tries to interrupt his diatribe — and becomes his second target. “You know, I really don’t care what some b**** has to say,” he barks at her.

The unidentified woman had already called the police on Christian, and appears to be stalling and giving officers time to get there as she engages Christian, calling him out on his behavior. That’s when he launches into a new rant, this time about having “killed [Mo’s] kind” for six months — which he later changes to two years and then 20 years “on five different continents,” implying he’d served in the military overseas.

“I really don’t give a d*** about some little peon Arab who actually doesn’t even belong here,” Christian said. “People like this are the reason our country is going to what is going to. ‘Cause I been killing his kind for longer than you’ve probably been alive.”

The woman placates the exacerbated Christian until the customer starts slurring his words, and it seems apparent that he’s under the influence. A little over a minute into the filmed rant, the woman announces she’s called the police, to which Christian replies, “That’s fine.” Just then, an officer arrives and intercepts Christian on his way out the door.

After viewing the video the woman had just shot to get the full picture, police arrested Christian and charged him with public intoxication and disorderly conduct as well as abusive language, according to Insider. Yahoo Lifestyle has reached out to Mo for more details, but in an interview with Insider, he said Christian had burst into the AT&T store “angry and yelling” and proceeded to step in front of another customer in line.

[​IMG]
    A man identified by police as Joey Christian verbally attacked an employee at a Friendstown, Texas AT&T store in a racist tirade caught on video. (Photo: Courtesy of Twitter/@Mohamburger)
    But things got worse after Mo announced he couldn’t run Christian’s nephew’s credit card through without a state-issued license. That, apparently, is what made Christian go ballistic. But Mo said he tried to remain “as calm as could be,” letting the customer get it out of his system.

“I was definitely offended and angry that I got singled out because of my race,” Mo told Insider. “He definitely came in to pick a fight from the very beginning and I had never seen this man before.”

He said he was thankful the woman had filmed the scene and felt that without her presence, Christian “may have done worse.”

Mo cautions anyone in a similar situation to “never stoop down to the level of the aggressor and just stay strong and confident in your beliefs without showing emotion.”

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

**** stains like this need to be wiped clean of this world.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Sometimes I wish I could’ve been Batman instead

Nook and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Described by neighbors as "a troubled young man" and "a bit of a loner."

Rashmon and Kruze10 like this.
  6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I always thought as we become more diverse as a society, and generations after generations live in that diverse world, things like this would cease to exist from people of that generation.

But I am seeing more 'younger' people prone to deliver their racist tendencies, despite being brought up in a equal civl-rights/completely diversified time.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

I guess one of my neighbors in San Leon were shopping in friendswood. I’ll see about keeping them from leaving here again.

FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.
  8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Aww, poor guy let's send him a psychologist and a gofund me account.

9. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

"I've been killing his kind for 6 months, this is why this country is going down, cause I've been killing his kind for 20 years, across 5 continents, I don't give a damn about him or you, cause I've been killing his kind for hundreds of years, all over the universe. I don't give a damn!"

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Help me out here and tell me why you think that.

seclusion likes this.
  11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I mean... it wouldn't hurt

12. Roscoe Arbuckle

It's a shame to see this behavior, but people like this are far more a minority than they were 50 years ago.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

racists are such scum...I hate them

loser must live a miserable life

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

imagine this times a hundred in european soccer matches.

Houstunna and B-Bob like this.
  15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Sure... but I'm just surprised to see it at all from anybody younger than 40 (or even extend it to 50 if you want to pre-date the civil rights movement).

Presuming people who are 35 or younger went to grade school, they were likely in a class that had a semblance of diversity... which would continue up through high school.

Is racism innate? Are people literally born with it? I always felt it was learned... and probably based on upbringing and the area people grew up, but to see it still prevalent these days as kids/adults get older, I'm not so sure.

Houstunna likes this.
  16. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Some places still aren't that diversified. The school I teach at, I have only 1 black student and there may only be 5-6 in the whole building, out of 1150 students. The community is overwhelmingly white. It's easier for racist ideas to take hold in a place like this.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The Quakers who founded "Friendswood" would be horrified.

I've interviewed engineers who moved to the area in the early 1960's while NASA built the new center. Some of them moved into Friendswood b/c it was the only part of the area with nice trees. All of their neighbors were so kind and helpful, but they couldn't find any booze or cigarettes at any of the stores, b/c it was still wall-to-wall Quakers.

Nook likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

Really? The Quakers?

I don't know one way or the other , but I've never heard this before.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm thankful for the quakers for inventing oatmeal.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Wilford Brimley invented oatmeal... and diabetes.