1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Husband arrested in killing of missing pregnant wife, 2 young kids; her body found

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

https://abc13.com/dad-directs-police-to-bodies-of-his-pregnant-wife-and-girls/3970967/

FREDERICK, Colorado --
    After his pregnant wife and two daughters disappeared, Christopher Watts stood on his porch in Colorado and lamented to reporters how much he missed them.

He longed for the simple things, he said, like telling his girls to eat their dinner and gazing at them as they curled up to watch cartoons.

"Last night, I had every light in the house on. I was hoping that I would just get ran over by the kids running in the door, just barrel-rushing me, but it didn't happen," he told Denver TV station KMGH.

On Thursday, Watts was in jail after being arrested on suspicion of killing his family, probably before he spoke those words. Authorities did not offer a motive.

[​IMG]

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Article title says they got a confession. They found the bodies at Anadarko gas and oil fields, where he works. Girls were inside a half-filled gas tank to cover the smell.

Video interview in the article of him lying about it prior to arrest.

Link here

https://abc13.com/video/embed/?pid=3972935

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Well thats just horrible.

AroundTheWorld and B-Bob like this.
  4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Scum of the earth.

Does anybody know when they were reported missing? How long did it take for them to figure out his charade?

#4 donkeypunch, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Let's say the guy murdered his wife in a fit of explosive rage or whatever. Why kill the girls? How in the world can a person kill innocent children, especially their own?

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Agree.

This guy should rot.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Because he's broken and has no place in modern society. This is why we have the death penalty. 500 years ago the people in the town would have just taken him out in the woods and cut his throat.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I saw this guy on the news on Monday and pretty much called it. There was no emotion while he was talking and it almost seemed like he was halfway smiling and laughing. Just weird. He said they had an "emotional conversation" and didn't elaborate. Yeah.......

What a scumbag.

Sajan, jev5555, A_3PO and 1 other person like this.
  9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Yeah, I mean I had the benefit of already knowing he had confessed while watching that interview just now but his demeanor and the nervous laughter just screamed guilt.

Unbelievable.

10. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

RIP to the family

I've seen this on the news, i did not read OP's post / news story. I just don't want to know the details or know why he did this. Simple answer = he's a sick f@ck

11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Waste of oxygen. Should toss him in one of those tanks

12. GIGO

GIGO Member

- -

#12 GIGO, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

There are monsters among us.

14. conquistador#11

one of those cases in which lethal injection is too kind for this evil.

15. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

500 years ago, he could've said she was a witch and people in the town might have called him a hero instead.

Invisible Fan and Rocketman95 like this.
  16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I would guess he killed his kids so he could start over fresh. A father and husband just killed his wife. Is a guy like that really interested in raising his children given that? Some murderers might try to raise their children after killing their wife but I would guess they are few and far between. He would be staring his guilty conscience in the face daily every time he looked at his kids knowing what he did...assuming he got away with it. I don't think a murderer would want to do that. In his imperfect mind, I would guess he found a rationalization for it...like sparing the kids from having to grow up without a mother. He's one sick puppy and now he deserves to die himself.

Another possibility is the kids saw him kill her. So, there is no way a murderer would spare them then.

Sajan likes this.
  17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The husband is always suspect number one. Killing his three kids (the wife was pregnant), though.....

He probably snapped. Couldn't deal with the pressure of providing. Some undiagnosed mental illness. Any explanation would sound trite when you look at what he did.

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

A friend of the woman told Fox 31 she last saw Watts at 2 a.m. Monday morning, when she dropped her off at home after a work trip. Watts had planned to meet friends later in the day, but when she didn't respond to their phone calls and failed to show up for a prenatal appointment

On Tuesday afternoon, The Colorado Bureau of Investigation issued an Endangered Missing Alertfor all three.

On Wednesday evening, after a two-day search for the missing woman and children, police in Frederick detained husband Chris Watts. While in custody, the man reportedly confessed to the murder of his wife and two daughters and agreed to bring officers to the location of the bodies.

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That's a damn good alibi. Them witches gots to go!

20. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah..... or he is an extreme narcissist that really only cares about himself and was going to lose his wife or lacked the control he wanted, so he killed his wife and kids and thought he had a chance to get away with it.

You give him too much credit.