1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How prepared are our newcomers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MrButtocks, Feb 28, 2006.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

With all the recent additions to our team recently, how much coaching are they receiving while playing an NBA schedule? I'm talking about Bogans, Hayes, and Lampe. They haven't had a training camp with us like Alston and Head have, so they certainly can't be up to speed with JVG's complicated schemes.

Are they receiving any attention from the assistant coaches? I know San Antonio picked picked up Glenn Robinson without any intention of playing him, but when he was called up in the playoffs he actually contributed defensively. You heard me right, Glenn Robinson played some defense. I don't know if that's coaching or just Big Dog trying to fit in. And I know the mavs have every addition memorize the playbooks to understand what's going on.

If we're interested in keeping Bogans, Hayes, and Lampe (I don't think we are) is there any way to prepare them for next year while focusing on a playoff push this year? We're not getting any younger and these guys might have to step it up. Is it even worth the time trying to include them in the gameplan?

2. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

Bogans is already contributing, as is Hayes even as a Rook. Lampe probably could have helped last night with height, youth and fresh legs. It is just basketball - dribble, pass, shoot, rebound, picks & screens. Only Van Gundy seems to turn it into Rocket Science. :D