1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many times have switched jobs?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by body slam, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

5 about to be 6 soon since 2013 lol

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

3. trigun333

trigun333 Member

2 Jobs in 10 years. Only reason I left was that management was not addressing issues with work process. I really enjoyed working with my team but upper management was not cutting it.

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

11 jobs in 42 years. 8 of those jobs were in the 1st 10 years.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I would never mention numbers but I realized in undergrad I would need to be somewhat compulsive about searching and applying for roles, demographics and personality just didn't line up well enough during career fairs or campus interviews given the competitiveness of jobs in my chosen major. I tend to be somewhat attuned to any apathy from managers and active resistance from colleagues in terms of onboarding and inclusion, and have managed to land in some positions and locales where people clearly haven't dealt with a lot of individuals of my background and aren't very good or just conscientious about covering their tracks, mincing their words or just pretending to equitable, probably because they assume I won't or can't hold them accountable with HR or senior officers. So despite always leaving of my own accord and being fairly complimentary on any exit interviews, I usually go because I'm pretty much always looking and don't stick around after people lie or actively withhold work from me. Despite waiting at least one year to get a good review on paper, two years to see if you're in your manager's succession plan and then start sending out resumes and touching base with recruiters to see if you can get another $5,000 - $10,000 or just learn a new role.

6. AXG

AXG Member

In the past 2 years, I've worked at 5 different places.

7. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

3 in 4 years, about to be 4 here if I'm fortunate.

SIL