1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston vs UConn

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Saturday 11a in Hartford, CT

Tv: Espn U

Radio: 950a

Weather : 50 degrees at kickoff

Line: Coogs -22.5

Totals: 57.5

Money Line : Coogs -1800. UConn +1150

Go Coogs !!!!!

2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

If they don’t dismantle UConn, you can officially begin to question everything you thought you knew about the Houston program. UConn is a horrible football team.

Fulgore likes this.
  3. Poloshirtbandit

So are we just gonna run wildcat all game?

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Bryson Smith should be starting at qb. Dana’s son should be holding a clipboard.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Tanking could be the Coogs death penalty, if recruits think it could happen again to them.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Always good to squeak out a win against Connecticut. :cool:

CometsWin likes this.
  7. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Even though we got out-gained by 150 yds we notched our 3rd win. I just don't see us winning another game this year which would leave us at 3-9 under Holgerson.. Even Tony Levine went 5-7 and 8-5 and 7-5 in his three years as HC. I know he needs time to rebuild but some of his decisions leave me wondering if we have the right guy at the helm. Having his son at starting QB? Makes no sense to me.

8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Okay. I’m pretty disgusted. I was on board with the Holgerson hire, and I think Applewhite was a horrible coach and a lot of this is on him, but the current state of the program isn’t acceptable. It’s just not. This team is a ****ing wreck.

Fulgore likes this.
  9. Poloshirtbandit

10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Those coaches would go 3-9 with this squad too. The reason Levine was fired is he had a 13-1 roster and went 8-4 because he was clueless on game day,

Its going to take time to rebuild this roster and we need Olineman bad. It wouldn't surprise me if we got a transfer QB to come in either and thats assuming King actually comes back which I still think he is a gonzo and have from the start.

Defense has a chance to be good next year with all the transfers and some of the guys that got experience this year. They have improved, but the offense is still a work in progress.