1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston named worst city to be an NFL fan. Discuss.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SemisolidSnake, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

msn likes this.
  2. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I have expressed my frustration at the number of idiotic Texans-only fans in Houston, but that also counts for something. Ranking Houston NFL fans just above Jacksonville in fan engagement is an abomination.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  3. raining threes

The McNair's putting profit over putting the best pridpro on the field possible has done this to what used to be the best fan base in the NFL.

4. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

It just seems odd, that the first 3 are in the AFC South.

Von Rafer likes this.
  5. Coach Bear

Coach Bear New Member

Can’t agree more. The head coaching hires for the Texans have been abysmal. In the past we never had “that guy, at that position that is needed, q b. Now we do, but we don’t have the coaching to do what he does best, get outside the poscket on roll, half roll and play action. He is not Tom Brady , but he continually is kept in the pocket while DCs rush two wide to keep him in the pocket behind an admittedly awful line. It’s gotten so bad that our q b questions himself constantly. Where is Dabo when we need him.

Jake Tower likes this.
  6. raining threes

Fix the OL and you've fixed the issues.

7. Champs

Champs Member

Exactly. A lot of stupid in our fan base. And who exactly is out there to replace O’Brien? The answer is nobody worth a sh*t.

raining threes likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This organization has been so inept it’s played wack a mole for a decade. When the remember when it was just the pass rush? Remember when it was just the secondary, quarterback and now it’s the OL.

Next year it will be something else.

That’s on the suckers that support the team.

9. raining threes

It's mainly been the QB and ol positions

10. Nook

Nook Member

Houston isn't the worst city to be a football fan, it is just the most mediocre.

buffalobills!!!, SWTsig and RasaqBoi like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

This.

By the time they get the offensive line straightened out the defense will no longer be good and shortly there after Watson will be getting paid.

That is the Texans way!

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

Many cities would love to have the Texans, or any other NFL team. People can b**** all the want about the McNair's. But, Bob brought the NFL back to Houston when the NFL did everything the could to go somewhere else.

Champs likes this.
  13. Major

Major Member

LOL. This is the summary of why the Texans are so consistently mediocre. A total unwillingness to seek out excellence so they just accept mediocrity - and make no mistake, BoB is the definition of mediocre. It's consistently shown in his offensive results, regular season results, and playoff results. I believe he has one of the worst overall records of any active coach who's been with their team 5 years - because anyone else who gets those results for that long tends to get fired.

14. Buck Turgidson

Oh, after this season I would think about 10 different people.

This is his make or break year. I have no faith in him as a coach, but I sure as hell hope it all works out and he proves me wrong.

red5rocket likes this.
  15. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

It's been 40 years since a Houston NFL team played in a conference championship game...40 YEARS! I know there were 5 or so seasons without a team but that is just an awful drought.

16. Champs

Champs Member

Lol, no. No QB is the biggest reason why they have been avg to above avg. Now there is a before Watson, and an after. Texans offense is about to be lights out.

The Cardinals just hired a coach that got fired as Texas Techs head coach for being avg to give some perspective.

17. Champs

Champs Member

He will.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The most truthful thread in this forum. Feel bad for the people that really have hope in this franchise. They clearly keep sticking a middle finger up in everyone's face.

buffalobills!!! and RasaqBoi like this.
  19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Like I said on page 1. It's the organization.

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Look directly above.