1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

House vs Green & Tucker.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Feb 22, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 LosPollosHermanos, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

"too expensive for my taste"

;)

ISOBall likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

GreenHouse effect >>> GreenTucker

ISOBall likes this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know if House would be making a difference right now, but the way he was playing was great for our system. I don't know if it was just a hot streak or he was legit turning into a consistent player, but these money moves kill me as a fan. I want House back on our team.

Bo6, Corrosion, carib and 10 others like this.
  5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

It's no denying at this point he is missed and needed. The team played at their best when he was on the team.Tucker, Green and Gordon are not playing well enough this year for the FO to penny pinch and play games at this point.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It has been clearly shown to us that maximizing the roster is less important than financial gains this season.

7. Moleb

Moleb Member

I'm sorry but I still think Tucker is overrated.

Cant hit contested layups, or any shots in the paint. Can't shoot 3 as of the past 3 months. Slightly overrated defense. Doesn't rebound well offensively. & if he does his put backs don't go in. Sure as hell can't pass. Is afraid to dribble up court and rushes a pass to harden some times leading to a turnover. Can't pass. Gets complete tunnel vision if he gets the ball. Doesn't see rollers open, doesn't see potential lobs. He's just not that skilled at all.

8. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Come on Rockets, give this man an decent contract already. He’s the 3D wing player we desperately need. House is better defender than Green, and can score the ball better than Pj Tucker. He hustles too. He fits our system very well.

bj3175 likes this.
  9. Zergling

Zergling Member

How is this even a question? He was shooting over 40% from three, is younger, taller, more athletic, and has a longer wingspan than P.J. Tucker.

House as a PF > Tucker or Anderson. He'd be the best PF we've had since... Scola?

Look at the Rockets on/off stats when we had House. Our 3p%, net rating, DREB% were all very solid with House on the court.

bj3175 and ilovehtownbb like this.
  10. pass_to_Hakeem

I agree!!! This season he shouldn’t even be starting. I’d have Shumpert or Farried starting over him. Teams leave his ass wide open now from the corner , where he “may” go 1-12

bj3175, napalm06, BasketMAD and 3 others like this.
  11. jowman

jowman Member

Need House or any playable wing at this point. We are a much worse team this year without Ariza. Not that he was a great player or anything, but wing depth went from a strength last year to a glaring weakness this year.

Rockets don't have a decent wing defender OR PF above 6'6'' at the moment.(actually we don't have ANY of either outside of Tucker). We made average players like Ingram of all players look like an all star out there getting his shot at will.

Hard to believe in a time other teams are getting serviceable players in salary dump the Rockets couldn't trade away Assets for ANYTHING better than Shumpert.(possibly the 5th or 6th best guard on this team- depending on how Green and Rivers are playing)

12. Madclownpacasum

Faried > Tucker In the PF. Shumpert > House > Tucker > Green in the SF. We should value defense more. Defense can always be more more consistent than offense

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  13. Madclownpacasum

Green should play Zero minutes and only when we are down big for instant offense. But I guess what won't happen when we play solid defense with the more capable defensive minded guys

bj3175 likes this.
  14. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

LMAO no shumpert has never in his dog **** career ever been better than tucker and house

jowman likes this.
  15. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

@YOLO Can you please defend your godsend Tucker? Or should I just bump one of my old threads?

Tucker is one of the worst players on the team currently and I recommend giving all his minutes to Faried at this point. By this time next year he will be a Brandon Knight/Ryno contract due to his age and further regression. No clue why Morey didn't trade him, Gordon and 4 1sts for Butler. This entire board would be singing a different tune by now.

RichieBanks and jerryclark like this.
  16. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Would love to hear from the tilmen **** sucking dumbasses saying "duh ofc we can trade ennis for nothing since he wont be in playoff rotation" when the player we traded 3 picks for is hurt or shooting 20% and averaging 4 points when hes not. Maybe take this loss as an example of why depth is important when your entire team has been injured all ****ing season

17. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

18. jowman

jowman Member

Shumpert is 5th or 6th best guard on this team. Most likely won’t see much playing time in meaningful playoff games.

Cavs were struggling and one of the worst supporting casts to reach the finals last year and Shumpert still didn’t play. Will be playing overseas shortly.

19. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

we have morons on here who still think we traded for him for his skill set, talking like hes the missing piece lol

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Shump is a bonafide scrub at this point. Anybody thinking he can help is in serious denial

ilovehtownbb and LorneMalvo like this.