1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hinch and Lunhow FIRED

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Air Yordan, Jan 13, 2020.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

https://www.theringer.com/mlb/2020/...ra-boston-red-sox-fired-manager-sign-stealing

2. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I can guarantee Red Sox, Yankees, Dodgers, and Rangers are on that list.

4. raining threes

The media started all of this.

Lets hope they follow up on every team that did this and those teams are punished in the same manner the Stros/Luhnow/Hinch were.

This would shake the very foundation of MLB like the Steroid thing did. I'm all for this happening but you know it wont. All because of the medias desire to bring down the Astros after the Taubman thing.

5. raining threes

And you never will see it.

MLB will sweep this under the rug now that they and the media accomplished their goal.

BigM likes this.
  6. raining threes

How is this decline?

I guess it is if you're from the snowflake generation.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

John Henry: "We’ve held this wonderful baseball club to a very high standard. Today, this week, is not any different. We must ensure everybody in the organization represents the club in a manner that deserves the support and respect of our fans."

Henry: "Since joining the Red Sox, Alex Cora has been one of the many people we work with who consistently puts the organization ahead of their own interests. He did that yesterday as we discussed how to move forward."

Henry: "We ask everyone reserve judgement until we determine if rules were violated… We’re working with baseball to the fullest extent possible."

Tom Werner: "We met with Alex yesterday. Everyone went into that meeting trying to answer the questions what was in the best interest of the Boston Red Sox. Alex was professional, understanding that he made a mistake."

Sam Kennedy: "It was ultimately an easy decision for the Red Sox and Alex."

Chaim Bloom on how he'll replace Cora: "We don’t know yet. This just happened. We wanted to make sure we were handling the situation with Alex correctly. We’re going to turn our attention to figuring out who our next manager is and what that means for the rest of the staff."

Kennedy: "It’s also important to recognize that this collective mutual decision was related exclusively to the incidents that took place in Houston. The organization was well aware of the rules and communicated them to the uniformed personnel and front office staff."

Werner: "Alex by his own admission, and we agreed, played a central role to what went on in Houston. We all agreed it was wrong. And we have a responsibility to have a standard here where that sort of behavior is not acceptable."

Does Alex Cora deserve a second chance as an MLB manager?

Kennedy: "He’s expressed remorse, apologized to us for the embarrassment this has caused. I think he’ll go through a process of rehabilitation so we’ll see what happens. It’s hard to speculate but he’s an extreme talent"

9. msn

msn Member

Stop the infighting, people! That's just what they want: to watch us tear ourselves apart from the inside. Don't give em the satisfaction! This was only a setback. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! It ain't over now, 'cause when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'. Who's with me? Let's go! Come on!

(#yallgettintooseriousupinhere)

mikol13 likes this.
  10. gatsby

gatsby Member

I hope we're not comparing the Astros losing leaders with the last world war...

11. msn

msn Member

Not sure if serious?

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

He's not. He's comparing the Astros to an out of control frat house that cheats by getting answers from the trash...

everyday eddie and msn like this.
  13. msn

msn Member

That speech gets me. Every time.

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Werner: "Alex by his own admission, and we agreed, played a central role to what went on in Houston. We all agreed it was wrong. And we have a responsibility to have a standard here where that sort of behavior is not acceptable."

Laughing my ****ing ass off. If this is the direction the investigation goes.....

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

**** you Boston. You guys need to get nuked too. Same with the Yankees and Beltran.

We are going to be the only ones getting ****ed over here.

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Boston has already been fined for ****ing cheating. So I’m guessing they sure did tolerate it just fine.

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

18. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Some shade at Luhnow

Invisible Fan likes this.
  19. msn

msn Member

I didn't realize the media hated him so much.

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

WTF does heyman have out for Luhnow? Hes been trashing his name the entire time of the scandal and even more so after the penalties.