1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] The Night Of

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheresTheDagger, May 2, 2016.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Well, HBO is not a "network model." That usually defines commercials. Are you combining "network" and "subscription cable" together? HBO, Showtime, Cinemax could instantly change to "binge model" if they want.

And "killing the network model" is somewhat exaggerated if you are including HBO in it, unless you are comparing Netflix to each competitor individually. As a whole, AMC, HBO, Showtime and Cinemax still probably beat the "binge model" in sum. So if ppl really do demand content all at once, the switch is easy...except for AMC.

Question: Do shows finish post-production of episodes all at once? Or does binge-model actually delay releases of episodes versus releasing in a production cadence providing viewers the content faster. I know Sitcoms are written and produced per episode, so withholding release for a binge model seems silly. But do shows like BB and TWD on AMC shoot and finish episodes throughout the year...or is post-production all done at once, such that they could have done binge without delaying release of early episodes...since they are all finished at once.

2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

What a **** ending

3/10

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think it went off the rails with the 'Kiss' between Khan and his Lawyer
    All I could think was. . . WTF?
    The Smuggling scene made me throw up my hands . . .
    The putting him on the Stand scene was crazy too.
    and then to just have her walk out without even showing her face much
    and then never showing her again
    I felt like her character was done a GRAVE disservice and it ruined the story

Truly threw me out of the film . . .i guess i know smart people can be incredibly stupid
    but nothing up until then had lead me to believe she had this level of stupidity in her

Rocket River

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

who would have guessed

the killer would be a privileged white male wall street type who likes to beat up prostitutes

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I called it.

It wasn't super realistic, but I think the ending made sense. Chandra got screwed, but she completely screwed up by putting Naz on the stand. I mean what was she thinking. She was doing a very good job, and then suddenly she became stupid. Her life is ruined. Naz's life is ruined. I think the show showed that even the "innocent" get completely screwed. Naz went from maybe a low level drug pusher to a hardened criminal.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

not just putting him on the stand, but he seemed blindsided by an obvious line of questioning

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Just thinking today, but that last call to Stone...Naz?

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You have to be the most annoying r****ded ******* in hangout history. We've heard your stupid D&D level commentary 5x now and how you've looked stupid everytime. Collect your damn social security, stop wasting money on HBO and stfu.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The twist is he is Muslim also.

Seriously man I feel sorry for you.

10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Loved the first few episodes of this series, but by the end, I only really cared about the welfare of the cat.

Ok stone was interesting from the start and stayed interesting till the end,

but...

Naz went from a sort of sympathetic if stupid/naive character to a degenerate/ungrateful and genuinely unlikeable stupid waste of space.

Chandra started of as a competent smart and empathetic lawyer to an airhead without not only a brain but also any sense of ethics or reason.

The prosecutor, judge, stepdad and financial advisor were all bleh.

Nox was ok.

Atleast he cat got the ending scene.

11. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

Actually binge model is why Netflix is going broke...

"To keep viewers hooked in the U.S. and attract subscribers in the dozens of countries that received access to the service this year, Netflix must keep spending, but it can’t continue to run the business at a huge deficit. Netflix reiterated Monday that it expects to be break-even on net income this year and begin to produce material profit in 2017, which can’t happen without the price increase."

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/netflix-price-increases-causing-subscribers-to-sign-off-2016-07-18

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Doubt it based on Stone's reaction.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Seems like the point of that was to just show that after finally succeeding in a high-profile case, it didn't get him anywhere. He's back to dealing with low-life's and taking plea deals on small-time cases.

14. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hey, everybody! Look! Commodore's trying to validate his worldview in the Hangout again!

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It could have been a lot better. The ending was somewhat satisfying and brought closure. Stone's closing arguments saved it imo. But, damn, when the whole thing is over and all you care about is the fate of the cat...something is wrong there.

16. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Too bad, that would have been pretty cool. The start of 2017's edition of OZ.

17. val_modus

val_modus Member

For any of you sympathizing with Box at the end of the series, just remember he was one of the slave traders who delivered Solomon to the slave auction in 12 Years a Slave #NeverForget

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Commodore was itching to see some retribution towards the evil brown hoard. Sorry, commodore that the show didn't deliver on that front.

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i enjoyed the show but I will say the longer the season went the less interested and more annoyed i got. The court room scenes were comically bad at times and I stopped caring about Naz.

Not a bad series but it could have been pretty great.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So are you saying Breaking Bad > The Night Of??