1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO Series] Watchmen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would’ve thought this was doomsday clock.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The Leftovers depressing. Not hardly. Watch this... pure comedy

Kim and Hippieloser like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I really liked it. I wonder how it will be received by everyone else. That subject matter though, lol.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

It was intense. I have no idea wtf is going on.

In B4 the usual subjects b**** about the usual thing involving Hollywood.

jev5555 likes this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

For a pilot episode, it really got me excited for this series. The trailers really were a big question mark and gave nothing away which is great but you can only really do that with legacy IP like Watchman.

I think I see where we are going but still a ton of questions about how the story fits into the original comic. Regardless.... I’m in!

a few other thoughts-

-I can hear the Trumpers rage typing on Reddit and Facebook already. I would tell my right wing friends to calm down and from what I know about the show, it’s actually not “Black and White” like our protagonist (Regina King) is telling us this world is. I don’t think for two seconds this shows primary point is to call for vigilante violence against White Supremacist right winger white guys. Calm down snowflakes.

-Had no idea Trent Reznor scored this show. As a huge NIN fan, I about jumped out of my seat the first time I heard that low end crooning of the Mini Moog.

-The casting of Jeremy Irons looks amazing. He’s simply brilliant already.

-Are there other big names cast secretly for the other original superheroes? I honestly have no idea.

JeffB likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

People already big mad Rorschach's message is being misinterpreted by the racists on the show.

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Those opening scenes of the bombing of black Wall Street were wild. Followed by the cop shooting (“Buzz me again!”) and “Black Oklahoma!” Wow. Certainly wasn’t expecting any of that coming in and it sure set a tone for the narrative moving forward. And then... squid rain. Yeah, I’m in.

Where do I sign up for some of them sweet Redfordations?

heypartner and JeffB like this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I thought it was solid. Really cool shots and camerawork. Plot was a little all over the place, but maybe that’s just due to it being a pilot and it’ll be more focused going forward.

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

We watched last night, I personally thought it was one of the best pilot episodes in a long while.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the story unfold.....

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

it was weird that they made no effort to tie the boring Jeremy Irons scene to the rest of the story

12. Beezy

Beezy Member

It's almost like it's a story that will unfold over multiple parts...

The Reznor and Ross soundtrack is incredible, as usual.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It definitely peaked my interest. If nothing else, it's thought-provoking, and we are made aware of an incident most never learned or remembered: the 1921 Tulsa Race Riots. Btw, actual planes dropped actual incendiaries on Black Wall Street, in case anyone thought that was a TV embellishment.

I'm hooked enough to keep watching, believing it'll go in very interesting directions.

14. Hippieloser

My first impression was that the servants were robots. But then I remembered Jeremy Irons' character (or who he's strongly suggested to be) was always more into cloning/genetic experimentation. Then I saw another fan theory online that I liked. Seems real plausible:
    The servants are clones of Jon Osterman and his ex-wife who Veidt will have "star" in the re-enacted five-act "play" of "the watch-makers son" in order to re-create the accident that turned Osterman into Dr. Manhattan... creating a new omnipotent being who is loyal/slave to him.

Honestly, I hope it's even crazier than that.

GRENDEL likes this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I have no idea what this was about but damnit it looked and sounded great! We keep watchinh

16. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

I guess I'm in the minority here and was underwhelmed by the 1st episode. Yeah the sound track was nice but they throw a ton of stuff at you and don't tie alot of it together. I get it that it was totally a setup episode so I'll give it one, two at most, more episodes to hook me.

17. VanityHalfBlack

Any nudity in this show?

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Are people seriously acting like they never knew about the Tulsa Riot and destruction of Black Wall Street?

Rocket River

19. Hippieloser

There’s hearing about it, and then there’s SEEING it.

20. MystikArkitect

I guess there could be some....

VanityHalfBlack likes this.